TForce | Do your city guys run any linehaul?

Brady99

TB Lurker
Credits
At ODFL, our city drivers or combos are allowed to take linehaul turns on the weekend for some extra cash. When there is freight that needs to be run that is. Do you know if co. like UPSF, YELLOW, ABF operate the same way?

At my barn city drivers can take linehaul turns on the weekends. I work at a smaller barn though. That might not be the case at a larger barn.

..there is a sign up sheet...they need ya they call ya...you sign the days and times you are available..not allot going on right now but it has been in the past..

Our terminal does the same thing with the sign up sheet, I'm at a mid-sized terminal as well. When multiple drivers sign up on the sheet, work is given out by seniority. We've also seen freight pick up a bit down South, our terminal beat our previous record in pickups today.

If we did that in our barn, our steward would break off one of our arms and beat us over head with the bloody end of it. THAN ask questions.

This is another reason i havn't been signing up lately.

This is road driver work:nutkick:......let them take there 10 off and they can move it saturday night.:shift:

One of the first issues I tackled as a steward was halting the practice of criss crossing driver classifications. Before ratification we had a free for all at my barn. p&d running line schedules. Line helping out in the city etc. We are structured now, and it is fair for all concerned. We do permit p&d drivers, who are qualified to run line, help out in emergencies. All efforts to utilize road drivers from our barn or neighboring terminals must be exhausted first. This issue has not been tested by our terminal management, thus far. They know I'm lurking in the shadows, watching from afar. LOL. Teamster Elvis out....

One of the first issues I tackled as a steward was halting the practice of criss crossing driver classifications. Before ratification we had a free for all at my barn. p&d running line schedules. Line helping out in the city etc. We are structured now, and it is fair for all concerned. We do permit p&d drivers, who are qualified to run line, help out in emergencies. All efforts to utilize road drivers from our barn or neighboring terminals must be exhausted first. This issue has not been tested by our terminal management, thus far. They know I'm lurking in the shadows, watching from afar. LOL. Teamster Elvis out....

That's exactly how our terminal was being run in the past. A Big "O" Free for all. Not anymore.
At present time, my barn is pretty much in line with yours.

...while in principle I agree with you guys...to my knowledge the lists are took down Thursday and the names are given to central...now I take it rddrs are given first choice by senoity..then the city guys again by seniority(lets not get into the seniority issue)...are given the rest......so are you guys are saying you have freight sitting until sun-mon ?