Estes | Dock job at Estes

dockgirl

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard that Estes is a great family owned compnay to work for. If that's true, I need a dock job in Cincinnati. I called the terminal, young lady I spoke with didn't know if they were hiring or not and just told me they were taking applications. I need full time. Any info about the hiring process in Cincinnati would be greatly appreciated since I just got the restructuring boot from Fed Ex National! Thanks!

I heard that Estes is a great family owned compnay to work for. If that's true, I need a dock job in Cincinnati. I called the terminal, young lady I spoke with didn't know if they were hiring or not and just told me they were taking applications. I need full time. Any info about the hiring process in Cincinnati would be greatly appreciated since I just got the restructuring boot from Fed Ex National! Thanks!
Hello dockgirl. Sorry about the "boot" A friend of mine got cut in Nashville Fed-Ex National. It never hurts to call, and ask. We do have some major problems over here as well. It is still a family owned company, but has really plunged in the last year. It's certainly NOT the company it used to be. Sorry,truth is a bad thing sometimes. My best wishes, and good luck!

dont mind all these cry babies, Estes is a great family owned company to work for. What I would do is what I had my nephew do to get on, fill out this info on the link below and make sure to put in what location you want to work in. They will get the info to the TM and if they are looking they will call. I would continue to call once a week and check in if they have any openings. Good luck and wish you luck, let me know if they get you in!

Estes Express Lines - Employment

Estes has always treated me fair, and paid me fair. I feel like a part of a family here. I encourage you to pursue employment with Estes. I am sorry to hear about your layoff, Estes is one of the last family owned LTL carriers around. They dont have stockholders to answer to, so they can keep it family feeling, like watkins did for so many years. Best of luck to you!!

Seeing how I'm a dockworker @ Estes. one thing that I can say that I agree with that we do that alot of other LTL companies don't do and thats offer a lot of people full time work on the dock. We aren't like Conway or FedEx, I know the guys in Williamsport work split shifts but they are still fulltime. And as far as a schedule, we have those too unlike the big union outfits, none of the nasty call board crap. I've done that and it didn't work well for me. I'm not sure how Cincy is.. but here in Harrisburg the guys are great but the management is crappy really really crappy from corporate all the way down to most of the dock supervisors. So I say hey some guys don't mind their TM's and I'm sure it might be possible to fnd that here.. so I hope all goes well for you.. I wont tell you not to work here.. you can figure out Estes is just as bad as the rest.

Seeing how I'm a dockworker @ Estes. one thing that I can say that I agree with that we do that alot of other LTL companies don't do and thats offer a lot of people full time work on the dock. We aren't like Conway or FedEx, I know the guys in Williamsport work split shifts but they are still fulltime. And as far as a schedule, we have those too unlike the big union outfits, none of the nasty call board crap. I've done that and it didn't work well for me. I'm not sure how Cincy is.. but here in Harrisburg the guys are great but the management is crappy really really crappy from corporate all the way down to most of the dock supervisors. So I say hey some guys don't mind their TM's and I'm sure it might be possible to fnd that here.. so I hope all goes well for you.. I wont tell you not to work here.. you can figure out Estes is just as bad as the rest.

Ohhh so now you are a dockworker and not a driver??? And you are complaining about drivers being dlelayed at terminals?? Thats funny, well if it is at your terminal, get your a** in gear and quit pissing and moaning and shooting the breeze with drivers and get the damn freight loaded already!! Just a dockworker huh? You flip flop more than John Kerry, tomorrow you will tell us that you are a region vp or some crap like that. hahahahah

seacrest out!

your the region VP

Ohhh so now you are a dockworker and not a driver??? And you are complaining about drivers being dlelayed at terminals?? Thats funny, well if it is at your terminal, get your a** in gear and quit pissing and moaning and shooting the breeze with drivers and get the damn freight loaded already!! Just a dockworker huh? You flip flop more than John Kerry, tomorrow you will tell us that you are a region vp or some crap like that. hahahahah

seacrest out!
whats up ryan i:butt kiss: s that all you do is put your fellow employees down :chairshot: I guess he cant have his on opinions on your estesfr8 Company you must be the VP :hysterical:

seacrest out!

" Just a dockworker huh?" That was so condecending. You just can't post without either breaking the forum rules or cramming your foot in your mouth. Elvis out...

seacrest out!

Well actually thats my status there.. over worked under paid and under appreciated..Doing the job that you don't want to do, bc you like the nice warmth of your cab. I'm thinkin Estes Fr8 is one of the many professional steering wheel holders we have at our company, that make our good drivers look even better. Hope everyones weekend is good

Dockgirl Be afraid Be very afraid. chek out the post (this is not good) then make up your own mind. and yes make call,ask around. Good Luck

dont mind all these cry babies, Estes is a great family owned company to work for. What I would do is what I had my nephew do to get on, fill out this info on the link below and make sure to put in what location you want to work in. They will get the info to the TM and if they are looking they will call. I would continue to call once a week and check in if they have any openings. Good luck and wish you luck, let me know if they get you in!

Estes Express Lines - Employment
Thanks. I filled it out. As for the negativity from some of the others, every company has crappy people. My dock was full of idiots that piddled around all night and complained about how much they did compared to everyone else. Or stayed in one trailer all night iden behind their freight taling on a cell phone. I just stayed away from the bad apples and had fun at work with the other great people that were there. Your job is what you make it. Thanks for the help.

Thanks. I filled it out. As for the negativity from some of the others, every company has crappy people. My dock was full of idiots that piddled around all night and complained about how much they did compared to everyone else. Or stayed in one trailer all night iden behind their freight taling on a cell phone. I just stayed away from the bad apples and had fun at work with the other great people that were there. Your job is what you make it. Thanks for the help.

you will be alot better off at abf

nah they have truck drivers like you, I'm sure she'd rather work for nice people such as myself :) She has alot better chance of getting full time on an Estes dock then working a union dock. But I'm not going to sit here and trash on you, but you always need to throw in your negitive 2 cents and I'm friggin sick of it myself.

Trucking for jesus, I'm really starting to worry about your mental stability. Deleted again? Rules 1,2, and 16. I think that's the trifecta! How many rules can one person break in one post? I think either you or estesfr8 has the record. Any way keep your head in the game man. You are offsides more than an offensive lineman on crack!!! How hard is it to read the rules of this fabulous site? Pull yourself together, for crying out loud. Hillbilly frog has been throwing the penalty flag so much, he is suffering from a seperated shoulder. I don't care who you are. That's funny right there. :hysterical: Elvis out...

:hysterical: :biglaugh:

trucking for jesus you crack me up same thing goes for estes fr8.

Elvis keep up the good work sir, like the saying goes

"some men (and women) you just cant reach"

good game

check out this link this video is great know matter who you work for.

YouTube - The Truck Driver