FedEx Freight | Dock start time

westdriver

TB Regular
Credits
Dock supervisor calls us in for a 430 start, tells us not to punch in until 630,so we sit there for 2 hours without pay
What exactly is policy , this happens quite a bit and am unsure how to proceed

I can't tell you the policy, as it relates to dock workers, or part time, but... That is unacceptable, regardless of the policy, IMO. Unless or course, every effort was made to notify you of a delayed start time, long before your arrival.

An immediate call to H/R should be able to correct and/or clarify that. There is a process to edit your time if deemed necessary.

Make the call. It never hurts to ask the question. Then let us know the result.

Dock supervisor calls us in for a 430 start, tells us not to punch in until 630,so we sit there for 2 hours without pay
What exactly is policy , this happens quite a bit and am unsure how to proceed
Why in hell do they want you in so early? And then tell you to cool your jets for two hours? Try this next time: "Oops, sorry...but I punched in at 4:30"

Gee west driver..cannot believe they are doing this to you guys..probably want to be sure you are there on-time..cant miss that GATE. When I worked there you went on delay as soon as you passed your gate time so just charge them for it. I would say if they want you there at 4:30 then your gate must be 5:00, after all you still only have .30 to pretrip and hook. If that doesn't work, maybe you can transfer to that special terminal north of you..that SCM would never do that to his line drivers...