FedEx Freight | Dock Tickets in Indy?

blue4242

TB Lurker
Credits
My friend that has a night time shuttle bid to indy says that they are rolling out a new system out on the dock. Basically if you don't load something properly or secure it properly or you don't have your seatbelt on, a supervisor writes your name on a ticket and turns it in at the end of the night. These tickets add up over time and get turned into write ups and eventually suspension and termination. Supposedly if this system works at Indy they will implement this company wide. It doesn't surprise me that Indy would do this, that has to be one of the most unemployee friendly docks in the system, and certainly the worst that I have worked. It was bad when I jumped off that bid, and it sounds like it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Purple Power ................

:452: Don't get caught not wearing your Purple underwear and Purple sock's.......:LMAO: :1036316054:

As a road driver I say if it works ,Great, I can't tell you how many trailers I've seen turn over because of the load shifting.The part-time dock hands could care less if it's loaded properly or if it has been secured,Fedex messed up getting rid of a lot of full time workers who cared about their jobs to take on part time people who could give a s%*t less about a 20 hr. a week job. There's plenty more part time jobs out there, so why both if you know it will never be anything more.

IND is on a safety binge lately. Also most of the supervisors on the dock think they are the best there is, when they are a joke. There's only a few good dock supervisors left.

My friend that has a night time shuttle bid to indy says that they are rolling out a new system out on the dock. Basically if you don't load something properly or secure it properly or you don't have your seatbelt on, a supervisor writes your name on a ticket and turns it in at the end of the night. These tickets add up over time and get turned into write ups and eventually suspension and termination. Supposedly if this system works at Indy they will implement this company wide. It doesn't surprise me that Indy would do this, that has to be one of the most unemployee friendly docks in the system, and certainly the worst that I have worked. It was bad when I jumped off that bid, and it sounds like it just keeps getting worse and worse.

Same goes for Fremont!!!!!!!!!!! As far as being an AWFUL place to work!!!

You mean you could lose your part time/no benefit gig? Wow. Guess it would be time to jump off a bridge.

Instead of real training, yeah, issue "tickets". That will fix the problem.

I was told corporate is getting tough on the centers. Damages are the worst they've ever been. Injuries are getting more expensive due to medical cost. Also they are trying to go from a 4% profit marching to a 12%.

As a road driver I say if it works ,Great, I can't tell you how many trailers I've seen turn over because of the load shifting.The part-time dock hands could care less if it's loaded properly or if it has been secured,Fedex messed up getting rid of a lot of full time workers who cared about their jobs to take on part time people who could give a s%*t less about a 20 hr. a week job. There's plenty more part time jobs out there, so why both if you know it will never be anything more.

You mean you could lose your part time/no benefit gig? Wow. Guess it would be time to jump off a bridge.

Instead of real training, yeah, issue "tickets". That will fix the problem.

Yep!!!...thats the ticket!!!!

Lets get rid of them there full time dock hands and replace 'em with part timers...that way we don't have to pay 'em them there benee-fits...

Tell me Freddie...how that working out for ya'??? Ya know them there part timers are reeelllyy dedicated to the purple promise and that there "People First" thingy...

Hell Freddie!!!...I'll bet them there part timers are turning down full time jobs just so they can work for you and move your freight!

Do you believe that there, Freddie????

Yeah??!!..Well hot damn! I gots me a bridge over a crick that runs thru my backyard....for a cool $10 million its all yours!

Idiots!!!!

Slogan for the Week..."Take your Ticket and Stick It"...

Rat

ok,if we are gonna start writing tickets.. when do i get my book to write? dispatch me wrong,, ticket! wrong seal number,, ticket! send people out in wrong order at the hub,, ticket! dont scale trailers over 20 grand!ticket ect.. ect.. before you know it not many red shirts left... idiots! tickets? joke, Gold star for someone..

Due to the winter being so bleak this year, I entertained an idea to try to go back to IND part time. I kicked myself in the a$$ to bring me to my senses, and after reading this bullcrap about tickets, breathed a sigh of relief that I came back to my good senses.
RP has the answer, I was always taught if you live in a glass house you should be afraid of throwing any rocks!!!

I have the official word from Hootersville, The Dock Police will be issued electric cars with light and sirens to patrol the dock with. Official Dock Police Uniforms, with badges, billy club, a replica of a gun that's actually a scanner, black leather boots, and an official cap. Handcuffs are optional. He or She will also have a radar gun to check the speed of the fork lift drivers, and of course the official FXF citation book. TP

the best way i see to stop this, is run your forktruck at no faster than a brisk walk, get everybody on board with this, it wont take very long to put an end to the tickets, i have been here 16 years and have learned how to break it off in their, and another good trick is to scan out for lunch

Quit screwing your people and damages will decrease. An unhappy employee doesn't give a crap about your stupid freight.

It's that simple.

Guardrail

This must be a Joke thread. If this sort of policy was to be implemented... Who could work the dock to the best of their ability and still follow all the rules and have to worry about a Dock procedure citation being written? If this is a real idea being floated by management I can say "Is Who could take this seriously?"