FedEx Freight | Dock worker/ Hostler rules

Crazy Trucker

Busting Clowns daily!!!!
Credits
So we have a dock worker who is certified to run hostler, well about a week ago he ran into a 48 which was in our in yard, and totaled the hostler. He hit the 48 so hard it almost moved it into a new parking space (9 feet to be exact). Did extensive damage to trailer also. They didn't even make him take a drug test, and if he got disciplined it was only a write up. Do they have a different set of rules for these folks?

So we have a dock worker who is certified to run hostler, well about a week ago he ran into a 48 which was in our in yard, and totaled the hostler. He hit the 48 so hard it almost moved it into a new parking space (9 feet to be exact). Did extensive damage to trailer also. They didn't even make him take a drug test, and if he got disciplined it was only a write up. Do they have a different set of rules for these folks?
Depends...what did they find during their investigation?? Were the brakes on the hostler working properly?? Was the steering working properly?? Etc...

I've seen drivers flip trailers , gut open a trailer on d.o.t. mower like the Titanic iceberg and report to work like nothing happened. I've also seen a driver violate the no "leering" policy and promptly get fired. Its a crap shoot !

Please go back and read post number 3 in this thread.
What's your point?? Just because it was new doesn't mean it was flawless, anything is possible. Do you not remember Volvo issuing a recall on their new trucks??

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=42633

"there is a plasticity observed around the failed areas that could indicate some level of warning to the driver before the knuckle and king pin loosens from the beam,” which would lead to fracture and loss of vehicle control."

What's your point?? Just because it was new doesn't mean it was flawless, anything is possible. Do you not remember Volvo issuing a recall on their new trucks??

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/basetemplate.aspx?storyid=42633

"there is a plasticity observed around the failed areas that could indicate some level of warning to the driver before the knuckle and king pin loosens from the beam,” which would lead to fracture and loss of vehicle control."

You can't fix stupid^^ What part of there were no issues everything was is in working order didn't you understand? Jesus learn how to read and comprehend.

Last edited:
You can't fix stupid^^ What part of there were no issues everything was is in working order didn't you understand? Jesus learn how to read and comprehend.
And how do you know this?? Were you part of the investigation team??
In my 21 years with the company, I've never known of any case where details were made public.

And how do you know this?? Were you part of the investigation team??
In my 21 years with the company, I've never known of any case where details were made public.

I work at the center dumb ass. I am good friends with the guys that drove it before him and had zero issues, along with the mechanics that drove it after the crash and found zero issues, other than it needing a brand new cab.

I work at the center dumb ass. I am good friends with the guys that drove it before him and had zero issues, along with the mechanics that drove it after the crash and found zero issues, other than it needing a brand new cab.
So then they divulged details of the investigation to you??

It's not my call, but considering he tore up 2 pieces of equipment and could have killed someone and himself that is pretty significant imo. What do you think?
Not my call either, that was my whole point earlier. We don't know the details concerning the equipment, previous employee history concerning accidents/incidents, etc.. Policies are in place and those policies will dictate the discipline depending on the unknown details.

As for my opinion on the significance of the incident (damage done, what could've happened, etc...), I've seen worse on our yard but its all irrelevant...It's not our call.

Move along fool if you can't answer my original question. The hostler not having any issues is not a secret the dock worker that wrecked it is not the only employee that uses it.

Seems like someone needs to mind his own business. It doesn't directly affect or involve you does it?

Don't bother with the "he could have killed me" bit either to hide the fact you obviously have some ulterior motives to this guy getting fired. If not, well then you're too damn nosey.

Seems like someone needs to mind his own business. It doesn't directly affect or involve you does it?

Don't bother with the "he could have killed me" bit either to hide the fact you obviously have some ulterior motives to this guy getting fired. If not, well then you're too damn nosey.

Seriously coming from the same guy who can't take responsibility for his own actions... means alot. No ulterior motive just don't like to work around unsafe people who don't take their jobs serious.