XPO | Dock Workers Laid Off

Kasich........**** poor immigration policy. He wants to keep the flood gates open. I refuse to vote for any candidate that will not secure the border. Illegals flooding our system affects our entire country. (I.E. Crime, medical facilities, welfare, college funding, disease, jobs)
We are at an impasse then. Have a nice night.

Take a good look at Ted Cruz radman. He has no weaknesses. Conservative, yet rational toward policies for everyone on both sides of the isle. He's the closest candidate to the middle. He knows the "system" yet doesn't just fall in lockstep with the establishment types that are destroying our country. He's very impressive.

Take a good look at Ted Cruz radman. He has no weaknesses. Conservative, yet rational toward policies for everyone on both sides of the isle. He's the closest candidate to the middle. He knows the "system" yet doesn't just fall in lockstep with the establishment types that are destroying our country. He's very impressive.
I am going to do that.

If u like our benefits (health care)now.... and not what we did have in the past.... vote for Clinton.... but anyway let's get back on track.... this is about the some of the dock workers being laid off around the country and it is just before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Hope they can find work this time of year.

Kasich........**** poor immigration policy. He wants to keep the flood gates open. I refuse to vote for any candidate that will not secure the border. Illegals flooding our system affects our entire country. (I.E. Crime, medical facilities, welfare, college funding, disease, jobs)
Bed bugs. :cuss::cuss::cuss:

It's slow everywhere. As far as quality of dock workers, management, or for that matter drivers, people just aint what they used to be. Poor customer service is becoming the norm in every business, not just trucking. American companies are reaping what they've sewn. They couldn't care less about their employees, and in turn employees couldn't care less about their employer. Trucking is not attracting quality people anymore. People today do not want to work under truckings poor working conditions, icluding long and unusual hours, and battling the weather as well. Faceit boys we are a dying breed.

It's slow everywhere. As far as quality of dock workers, management, or for that matter drivers, people just aint what they used to be. Poor customer service is becoming the norm in every business, not just trucking. American companies are reaping what they've sewn. They couldn't care less about their employees, and in turn employees couldn't care less about their employer. Trucking is not attracting quality people anymore. People today do not want to work under truckings poor working conditions, including long and unusual hours, and battling the weather as well. Faceit boys we are a dying breed.

We had 10 dock workers laid off @ FAC NRM on Tuesday night. Rate increases, damage increases. The wait on what their planning is making it worse. Our barn has cut a bid on linehaul and added pm flex.

It's slow everywhere. As far as quality of dock workers, management, or for that matter drivers, people just aint what they used to be. Poor customer service is becoming the norm in every business, not just trucking. American companies are reaping what they've sewn. They couldn't care less about their employees, and in turn employees couldn't care less about their employer. Trucking is not attracting quality people anymore. People today do not want to work under truckings poor working conditions, icluding long and unusual hours, and battling the weather as well. Faceit boys we are a dying breed.

I am hoping for ten more years before the wheels completely fall off this industry. But the way things are going, I am not sure I believe that is reasonable.

I am hoping for ten more years before the wheels completely fall off this industry. But the way things are going, I am not sure I believe that is reasonable.

You're probably right. I'd say about ten years, myself. It will be a quite a different pace 10 years from now. I'd bet on it!

You guys are aware that the company hit certain customers with a major price increase right? They want room in certain areas for something...

Absolutely. At Holland we made money hand over fist with OR's in the mid 80's. When the trailer was full, it was sealed, and sent down the road. An empty was backed in, and the loading resumed. Simple. No damages. Our claims were lowest by far in the industry. That was before yellow. Then came load averages, bills per trailer, bills per hour, etc. The old freight supervisors left, replaced by morons with an ass degree in logistics or restaurant management. They only know what the computers tell them and learn nothing from one day to the next. Sad.

I was a linehaul dispatcher for R&L in Chicago in the late 1990's. I was able to maintain a huge load average because I worked the dock first and routed freight to outbound trailers. We loaded vans on our overnight lanes and averaged 42k because I knew the freight, I used to load it. Most management have never to be a customer, talked to them about their freight or even know what it looks like. I'm out of the industry now, due to the changes that have taken place in the last 7 or 8 years, don't miss it one bit.

Kasich is a lying POS, he claimed to have balanced Ohio's budget, on paper yes he has, but he passed the costs back to local communities making schools to have to beg for money in lue of levis. Raised the tax on cigarettes hurting the working poor, this guy is a piece of shyt and will never get my vote...I'll flip to Bernie if my only choice is Kasich, at least with Bernie you know he will collapse the system. Carry on

You guys are aware that the company hit certain customers with a major price increase right? They want room in certain areas for something...

I don't think that's it at all. I think he saw we were hauling stuff for free or even paying to haul freight and put an end to it.

I still feel that there will a fairly significant loss of drivers. And that the drivers that remain will be swamped with work.