XPO | Dock Workers

Trust me,
Why did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express? If you get terminated for cause(fired) you cannot collect, if you quit you can not collect. If a person could quit and go on unemployment when they felt like nobody would work until they felt like it, if you are terminated for lack of work Laid off) you can collect. That is why it is called unemployment insurance, to quit and collect would be insurance fraud. this is the rule not the exception. That said I am finished talking about it. If you have a question call your UE office or a lawyer, or you can stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

If you arefired for cause you cannot collect unemployment, if you quit you cannot collect unemployment, if you are laid off you can collect unemployment.
Wrong & right, if you quite forget about unemployment unless for discrimination, harassment, etc. but you better have your proof, fired on the other hand depends on why, fighting, stealing,and a couple of other things can but the company better have their crap together or it turns into a lot more than they bargained for, the days of companies crapping all over people are gone if you take care of your business!:rulz::couch:

You are correct Trucker 206.

When you are fired for misconduct (also known as terminated for cause) you may not be eligible for unemployment compensation.
Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, stealing, lying, failing a drug or alcohol test, falsifying records, deliberately violating company policy or rules, and other serious actions related to your employment.

If you commit a "cardinal sin" like one of the above examples, you might not be eligible, and a hearing might be required. But even in a case of "poor performance" being the cause for termination, you can still receive unemployment.

Last edited:
Wrong & right, if you quite forget about unemployment unless for discrimination, harassment, etc. but you better have your proof, fired on the other hand depends on why, fighting, stealing,and a couple of other things can but the company better have their crap together or it turns into a lot more than they bargained for, the days of companies crapping all over people are gone if you take care of your business!:rulz::couch:
That would be the exception not the rule, if you are fired legally you will not receive unemployment ,if you appeal and win ( which would mean the company had no legal standing you will receive unemployment.

They said that i worked on a when needed basis and that i wasnt promised hours.
I haven't quit or gotten fired. I still "work" there but there isn't any work for me to do. Some of the full time guys i work with aren't even working outbound now because the drivers are working it instead. We are slow on freight.
Conway always denies. Doesnt matter if you were fired or not working because of lack of work. Appeal it, and you will get it, plus back pay. They alway deny benefits because they hope you arent smart enough to appeal it, they hope you just go away. Good luck

You're correct Monkeywrench. I had to appeal a claim once, and I won. I got back paid for the unemployment checks that I didn't receive while we were waiting for the hearing.

Sorry Joe, but you're wrong. Regardless of the reason, if you are fired, you CAN collect unemployment.

Based on your post, NOBODY could ever collect unemployment unless you were laid off. That's just not correct. If a person gets fired, it is for a "cause" as you said. They clearly did something wrong, otherwise it was wrongful termination or discrimination, which brings on lawsuits.

Trust me, I was in that industry for several years where I had to deal with it.
Things were different in the late 70's early 80's I'm sure!

You're also right Getoverit, some of the rules have changed a little bit, and none of the rules are carved in stone either, since pretty much anything can be appealed.
:1036316054:

You're correct Monkeywrench. I had to appeal a claim once, and I won. I got back paid for the unemployment checks that I didn't receive while we were waiting for the hearing.

You'd think once a guy appeals they'd relent instead of dragging it out further creating more back pay and attorney costs... Oh wait it's Con-way we're talking about... Pinch nickels to blow dollars.

I'm not sure how many dock workers come to this forum but I would like an opinion. I am a dock worker and at my terminal i haven't worked in 3 months and I am still considered an employee. I wonder if I will start back to work now that we are officially xpo logistics and if I should talk to my district manager instead and see if I am able to go full time because a fellow dock worker told me they didn't have part time dock workers anymore.
Not sure why they would do that crazy. I have seen them send people home just to have the senior 26 dollar a hour drivers work on the dock and then they stand around crying about losing hours and how the company sucks. if they dont like it leave and start over and let the people that want to be there and work work

Not sure why they would do that crazy. I have seen them send people home just to have the senior 26 dollar a hour drivers work on the dock and then they stand around crying about losing hours and how the company sucks. if they dont like it leave and start over and let the people that want to be there and work work
TRANSFER TO XSX(SPRINGFIELD MASS)THEY CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP EM! THIS $26/HR DRIVER WOULD LOVE TO TURN AND BURN(11 1/2 HRS)EVERY NIGHT! ALSO THIS COMPANY DOES SUCK COMPARED TO WHAT WE HAD 10-15 YEARS AGO.IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THE MOVE I'LL HELP YA! SIMPLE LESSON HERE FOLLOW THE MONEY

I'm not sure how many dock workers come to this forum but I would like an opinion. I am a dock worker and at my terminal i haven't worked in 3 months and I am still considered an employee. I wonder if I will start back to work now that we are officially xpo logistics and if I should talk to my district manager instead and see if I am able to go full time because a fellow dock worker told me they didn't have part time dock workers anymore.
RELOCATE TO SPRINGFIELD MASS WE CAN'T KEEP DOCK WORKERS READ MY PREVIOUS POST TO JOE DOCKWORKER JUST ABOVE THIS ONE

Conway always denies. Doesnt matter if you were fired or not working because of lack of work. Appeal it, and you will get it, plus back pay. They alway deny benefits because they hope you arent smart enough to appeal it, they hope you just go away. Good luck
Typical Conway move...spend more time and money to try and 'get out' of things. The wonders never cease. Maybe they will with XPO.