Yellow | dockworker cdl training

inactive

TB Lurker
Credits
i'm a dockworker without a cdl going to a barn that requires a cdl. i currently have a bid and july 13th is the start of the 60 day period to get my cdl and i know if i don't get the cdl in 60 days i stay where i'm at but the question is, will i get paid for training and will i still hold my seniority as i'm being trained for the 60 day period cause i'm wondering how i will make money as i'm being trained

You need a 8 hour training course from a current yard employee on your own time {Both off the clock} then you can use a Roadway tractor for use with a qualified cdl employee for your training and road test. I hope you have a friend at your terminal , where are you maybe I can help you out.

we got 4 off to 123 here
3 dock + 1 switcher, i'm one of the 3 dock and we all have to get cdls and don't know if we'll have to work after july 13th

sully do you have any idea how many part time dock guys have been hired or are working up there at 123 ?

The changed called for 40 dock and in the last 2 weeks we have had maybe 4 casuals hired for the dock and then we have 1- 4 hour casual. They have hired 2 for P&D in the last 3 weeks. We are getting 15 from the phone bid.

thanks for the info, i'll be down there if i get qualified, been reading the book all week for the permit test

Hey mmb 1980,
You might want to check out this web site (Welcome To Crist CDL's Online Testing Center )
It has a cdl practice testing area with at least 3 or more tests and answers for every aspect of cdl testing, including general knowledge,air brakes,hazmat,doubles and triples,tanker and combination. We use it at our barn to practice for up coming hazmat testing which has to be taken when we renew our licenses. Hope it helps.:1036316054: