Central Transport | Dockworkers Let Go - More Lies!!!

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
So again, Stamper has gone back on his word that no drivers will be working the dock. The most hazardous place for an untrained person to be. To get around the issue of drivers with no forklift training, they have just given everybody a forklift permit to sign. No training required. I bet MIOSHA will love to hear about it.

One of the main reasons most Vitran drivers have left to greener pastures had to do with working the dock. Poor working conditions, No direct deposit, not getting paid for the amount of time that you knew you were on the clock for. The list goes on and on. Where is ct42long when you need him to re-buff my accusations.

So again, Stamper has gone back on his word that no drivers will be working the dock. The most hazardous place for an untrained person to be. To get around the issue of drivers with no forklift training, they have just given everybody a forklift permit to sign. No training required. I bet MIOSHA will love to hear about it.

One of the main reasons most Vitran drivers have left to greener pastures had to do with working the dock. Poor working conditions, No direct deposit, not getting paid for the amount of time that you knew you were on the clock for. The list goes on and on. Where is ct42long when you need him to re-buff my accusations.

Brother I want to throw up just thinking about that place !

I just said he had to be a dock worker because he said nothing that indicated that he knew anything about driving. I thought he got banned from boards for a while. I do kind of miss his idiocy though...WHAT I am now being an idiot for saying that
ct42long might've been let go, somebody said he was a dockworker.

Sad that dockworkers get let go they need work too. Im just glad i got a better gig no need to complain. But why the company did all this i have no idea smh

CT went and got himself banned after a million warnings....All I can say about the rest of the post is it is spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel they feel its a game peoples livelihood never being truthful. I feel blessed to have the job i have now. I dont complain much i just left no worry about miles or runs no sitting not gettin paid. Waaay better benefits. If things dont feel right leave

they know drivers want to go home at end of the day so they will unload trucks a.s.a.p., just to get out of that hell hole.

Anyone that works the dock has to scan a piece of freight before they start getting paid. If they don't scan anything for a while it kicks them off the clock. So then they have to try and argue with someone about the hrs they worked when their check is wrong.

Don't do your terminal stop until you're standing in front of the door.

In case you didn't get trained on it , you can set your own trailer to a door.

Scan DOOR NUMBER bar code, wait for screen to change, then scan a second time.

Look for an icon on the screen that says TBU. Push that.

Scan TRAILER barcode. Hit ok, then back until your on the main dock screen.

Scan your first piece of freight.

I can whip through terminal stop to first piece scanned in under a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like way to much trouble to save matty some overhead, should just pay drivers to drive not handle freight at terminal, that's what I like about the company I left Vitran for (after the buyout) they pay us to drive the truck and that's it, all I do is stand there and twiddle my thumbs while store employees unload trailer, offered to help a couple of times and was told no by managers at the store.

Very good info. Wish it was posted when I worked at CT, former Vitran Det. driver who never was trained on working the dock or how to put the trailer into TBU mode. Glad that you posted it and that I moved on down the road.

Very good info. Wish it was posted when I worked at CT, former Vitran Det. driver who never was trained on working the dock or how to put the trailer into TBU mode. Glad that you posted it and that I moved on down the road.

they don't want you trained in any procedure that would benefit you and cost them money.