Yellow | Does Any One Like Working for Yellow?

You folks who think YRC is so great never worked for a little outfit called
Consolidated Freightways. I'll take driving old junk equipment over working for this
mismanaged, treat the employee like dirt company anyday. I'm sure my CF brothers
would join me going back. There would be a line at the door waiting to get in.
If you did'nt work there, you don't know what I'm talking about

You're right. I had a lot of friends who worked at CF. They were very proud of their company. But I used to be proud of Yellow, and I knew lots of Roadway employees who felt the same way. Hell, I can relate to the Roadway people. I would have felt the same way if Roadway had bought Yellow. But I would have gotten over it just like most people have now. I loved working in this industry before deregulation, but I can't sit around and dwell on it now. What good does that do? I loved growing up in the fifties when cars were cool, music was cool and we had the last descent president, Ike. We had won the BIG ONE, the country was growing, there were many union jobs, things were simple and fun. Things went to ::shit:: in the sixties and have stayed there. But it does me no good to commiserate about it. All we can do is try and get some of those ideas back. We are doing a **** poor job of it right now, but I'm not giving up. People know the difference between right and wrong. We just have to do it, each and everyone of us. How does the song go? If you don't like how things are, go look in a mirror. There is the person who can change your life.

I'm not liking the job so much anymore, I don't like Yellow/YRC, I used to but over the last 10 years or so it's become a real sh*thole place to be. I'm not saying all of it is bad, mainly the Terminal I work at and the Management team, they are the worst when it comes to management/employee relations. We've had the same TM for 7-8 years now and he's got a real hatred for Teamsters who are actually Teamsters, he likes the suckbutts though, treats them well, gives them anything they want as long as they're pointing fingers and lying about others. This guy is about my age maybe older 52-53, his dad owned a non-union outfit back in the 70's that he claims went under because of the Teamsters, on his deathbed he made his son (our TM) promise to make all Teamsters pay, well that's the story that's been floating around for years, LOL!!! This guy at a younger age went through the Sheriffs Academy twice, failed the psyche test both times but it seems Yellow thought he'd be an excellent candidate for what they needed, Hmmm!!!

Consolidated Freightways. I'll take driving old junk equipment over working for this
mismanaged, treat the employee like dirt company anyday. I'm sure my CF brothers

I'm sure my Preston brothers also feel the same about our years at Preston. It was a pleasure to work there.:clap:

Yea, right! And I loved working at Maislin, they let me take a tractor-trailer home over the weekend to move myself when I bought my house and I could take 15 hours to do an Albany turn from Kearny, NJ on Saturdays so I could hang out with my lady friends at the different rest areas on the Thruway, and I loved working casual at Eastern Freightways cause they gave me a days pay for spending a few hours putting tarps on open tops, and I loved working casual at Pilot cause they always worked me three days in a holiday week so I'd get the holiday pay, and I loved working at PIE cause my steward and dispatcher were the best ever and I could take the truck home for lunch and check on my pet dogs, and I loved working casual at St. Johnsbury cause I liked the way the trucks looked, and I liked working casual at Cooper Jarrett and Carolina and Schuster and Holmes and Walsh etc., etc. Times change, life changes, it's a different (not necessarily better) world we live in now. Get over the past, adapt to the present or life will bite you in the butt!

4 bills an hour hell fxf it is 6.82 bills an hour and 10 reweighs a forklift every night. can not wait till that bill passes

Lurker

Boy when they call you a lurker they aren't kidding. You are the KING of lurkers. The last post on this thread was 5-20-2006. No offense, pal, but you need to get a life.
This is the second thread I've found that he dredged up from the archives...there may be more...

Definitely not ECI material, this guy!! :hysterical:
Heck no he's not...I'd do a roll call and he wouldn't answer till 2014!!:clap:

I know that this is gonna **** some people off but I now know why we are going out of business. The practices that yfs has are very time consuming and are not as efficient as rdwy like the yard setups. Once again I look at the big picture and way to improve thing s but I have said my opinion but with yellow supervision it goues in one ear and out the other. I am just labor, but it does not take a rocket scientist to see where money is lost.

working for yellow sucked!(still does)we have 2 terminals in phx (1 city op. and a breakbulk)and the each is run by either yellow management or roadway mgt.most of the yellow drivers want to work for roadway mgt-they treat you like a HUMAN being !(former)roadway mgt are alot more professional and dont MICRO manage!im glad yrc is doing it the BIG R way!