Estes | Does anyone know exactly which (locations) YRC terminals Estes bought?

MONTANANY

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious if it is for the real estate side of the Estes business or a look at the current YRC situation and looking to buy terminals at a good price that would benefit Estes in the future should something happen to YRC?!

Just curious if it is for the real estate side of the Estes business or a look at the current YRC situation and looking to buy terminals at a good price that would benefit Estes in the future should something happen to YRC?!

Not sure yet which facilities we have bought yet. As far as how Estes views this deal I can only quote Rob Estes memo to us in part....

"Buying the proposed YRC facilities is a strategic move designed to ensure the future or Estes and it's employees. Based on market conditions, this is a good time for us to invest in these types of properties -prime location trucking facilities with rental income- and frankly, opportunities like this don't come along very often. This is important for our continued success and stability, and we will definitely be a stronger company as a result." -end quote

I'm really confused on this terminal buying thing. This stuff really got me puzzled. Some places that has no freight just recently hired and some places that seemed to be picking up layed off a couple more. I was in 055 the other day and they had a lot of white collar brass down in the driver's lounge after normal buisness hours. The kinda freight we haul is not going to be picking up anytime soon. Something's going on. I guess we'll find out later.

I'm really confused on this terminal buying thing. This stuff really got me puzzled. Some places that has no freight just recently hired and some places that seemed to be picking up layed off a couple more. I was in 055 the other day and they had a lot of white collar brass down in the driver's lounge after normal buisness hours. The kinda freight we haul is not going to be picking up anytime soon. Something's going on. I guess we'll find out later.

Now you are catching on. That's all for now. TE out...

some people will see bad and how the little guy is gettin the screw and other people will see the long term positive where the stronger we get as a company the more solid we are as a company and the pay issues we have can/will come along

some people will see bad and how the little guy is gettin the screw and other people will see the long term positive where the stronger we get as a company the more solid we are as a company and the pay issues we have can/will come along

Yes well said, I agree. I myself am very excited about the prospects of the future of this outfit that I have chosen. I don't know all the ends and outs of big business but I do know if one company is selling prime property and one is buying it, I want to work for the one that is doing the buyng. Just common sense...:thumbsup:

I personally belive a company that has gotten thisbig without icuring large debts or being publicly traded has got some very strong managment! i have faith in there buisnes decisions

Whos playing who?

Yes well said, I agree. I myself am very excited about the prospects of the future of this outfit that I have chosen. I don't know all the ends and outs of big business but I do know if one company is selling prime property and one is buying it, I want to work for the one that is doing the buyng. Just common sense...:thumbsup:
you do know that when YRC becomes profitable we have BUYBACK rights dont you? I think yrc is playing estes, we get 122 million, then we pay rent( tax write off), then we BUYBACK our prime locations sweet deal,

:biglaugh:
you do know that when YRC becomes profitable we have BUYBACK rights dont you? I think yrc is playing estes, we get 122 million, then we pay rent( tax write off), then we BUYBACK our prime locations sweet deal,
:biglaugh:

The buyback rights are only if Estes decides to sell (and only within the first three years), this gives YRCW the first option to buy the property IF IT'S LISTED FOR SALE, it's not as if YRCW starts making a buck and tells Big E, OK we're good now, give us back our terminals.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The buyback rights are only if Estes decides to sell (and only within the first three years), this gives YRCW the first option to buy the property IF IT'S LISTED FOR SALE, it's not as if YRCW starts making a buck and tells Big E, OK we're good now, give us back our terminals.

That's right...so if we do decide to sell back a property, then we also set the price. sweeet....

:duh:...Your only buyback right is if we DECIDE to sell. We now own those properties and IF we sell then yrc has first shot at it, at our price. Ain't nobody gettn played here that's for sure.

yrcw only has the first right to buyback in the 3 year window IF WE SELL . kinda sonds like yrcw was a little desperate to sell

you own it?

:duh:...Your only buyback right is if we DECIDE to sell. We now own those properties and IF we sell then yrc has first shot at it, at our price. Ain't nobody gettn played here that's for sure.
you own it about the same way that company owns I-80 in Indiana. see you pay 122million up front, lease back to us, and then we will regain control of said properties, whether or not "you decide to sell"and the buy-back price is allready part of the deal.... So what you really did was lend us money:d6625240: Thanks:loser: