Estes | Does anyone know exactly which (locations) YRC terminals Estes bought?

Here is a comment straight from one of the guys that are facing losing it all and the IBT is not helping at all. It's pretty sad really....

Lets stop kidding ourselfs, we as a company are done. Lets face facts, lay offs, moving frt. around us so the company can lay more of us off with the blessing of the IBT. No work must lay off, force over time everday, the locals look the other way and this is what we pay dues for. It wont be long for more give backs cause the bank will be calling YRC'S lone. If there is ANY hope for us they better get someone who knows how to run a trucking co.

This does not sound like something I want to be a part of and my heart really goes out to those guys that thought they were being taken care of.

you don;t really think that ROB will use this lease money from all these terminals to bank-roll estes ltl business do you? if you guys perhaps could'nt make it on your own-ltl- only one setting pretty is ROB,cause at least he will still have lease money and properties. all that money that subsituary gets from these properties isn't going to give you a raise or help match your 401k, or buy you new equipment.it's just makeing ROB richer.

Do you honestly beleive what you are saying. How could a company purchase another company,bring all the equipment up to date at terminals that had pieces of S*** for equipment to drive and,and ,and give their employees a raise consistantly for the past 10 years. Yes we had our share of layoffs,but as I understand it from posted news from Estes and this board,people are being put back to work. So if you can THINK of another company that did all these things(WITHOUT GOING IN DEBT) please feel free to mention them. ESTES DID!!!!!!! I'm out:smilie_132:

Here is a comment straight from one of the guys that are facing losing it all and the IBT is not helping at all. It's pretty sad really....

This does not sound like something I want to be a part of and my heart really goes out to those guys that thought they were being taken care of.

If I wanted to take the time I could find similar posts on Con-Way, FedEx Freight and other boards. Can't please everybody, only the few like you with their heads in the sand.

If I wanted to take the time I could find similar posts on Con-Way, FedEx Freight and other boards. Can't please everybody, only the few like you with their heads in the sand.

If you would get your head out of the sand you would see how ridiculous you sound. You cannot go to a Con-way or a Fed-Ex thread and find a post stating "let's face it guys we are done as a company". I challenge you to make good on your claim and find even one post on those forums that say that. I thought you dealt only in facts but that claim you just made is baloney.

That's right, and they are all his beans and he doesn't intend to share them with you. Keep your heads in the sand .... as the rich get richer, you'll provide the means for them to do so.

Doesn't your boss have money. Doesn't your boss give you raises and give you desent trucks to drive. If he doesn't, that's the reason you feel the way you feel. You think you should have it all. Are you a former Washington croanie and did you serve in the administration after George Sr. And is your real name Bill? Is your famous quote "Share the wealth", but what he really meant was "Give me all your money?:bowdown:

That's right, and they are all his beans and he doesn't intend to share them with you. Keep your heads in the sand .... as the rich get richer, you'll provide the means for them to do so.

I myself am glad Rob and others at the top are doing well, that ensures my future.

If you would get your head out of the sand you would see how ridiculous you sound. You cannot got to a Con-way or a Fed-Ex thread and find a post stating "let's face it guys we are done as a company". I challenge you to make good on your claim and find even one post on those forums that say that. I thought you dealt only in facts but that claim you just made is baloney.

Done as a company, NO, but plenty of complaints about how the system they work under is unfair. Lay-offs that mean termination, cuts to benefits, junior men working while senior men sit home ... the list goes on. Is everyone happy ... only the few at Estes ! I do believe I have seen a few there that aren't happy with everything either. Then again, that's natures way, nobody is satisfied with the status quo.

We don't have lay-offs. We are called in seniority order and given a choice of available work in which to choose from.

Oh so you are union. That says it all. Thank you so much for finally letting everyone know why your so jealous of the "LITTLE COMPANY FROM VIRGINIA". Thank you.:clap:

I myself am glad Rob and others at the top are doing well, that ensures my future.

Your future is not guaranteed, nor secure. Any smart business person will tell you that the return on the trucking is not enough to continue sustained operations, unless what they are making is NOT what they tell the employees.

Done as a company, NO, but plenty of complaints about how the system they work under is unfair. Lay-offs that mean termination, cuts to benefits, junior men working while senior men sit home ... the list goes on. Is everyone happy ... only the few at Estes ! I do believe I have seen a few there that aren't happy with everything either. Then again, that's natures way, nobody is satisfied with the status quo.

What's so unfair about having a job. Taking care of your family. Having the ability to help your community and your church. Please EVERYONE tell me what I'm doing wrong. Cause this guy has just took my American dream away and I'm P****D.:angry2:

Done as a company, NO,

That's what I thought, but you seem to ignore the fact that that is THE issue. Of course there will be grumbles about day to day things. But as I once heard you put it you "shot from the hip" and declared you could find a post like that on other forums which you cannot.

Oh so you are union. That says it all. Thank you so much for finally letting everyone know why your so jealous of the "LITTLE COMPANY FROM VIRGINIA". Thank you.:clap:

Not jealous, never said I was. Once again ... read some of my posts, I have always said .. " Estes is a well run company with excellent management " ..
You and many others don't seem to be able to understand what I write, other then to think you are under attack.
Take the time to check my profile, it's there, I said I am union. That's so unlike many non's who are afraid to say ( what or who ) they are.

What's so unfair about having a job. Taking care of your family. Having the ability to help your community and your church. Please EVERYONE tell me what I'm doing wrong. Cause this guy has just took my American dream away and I'm P****D.:angry2:

You ain't doing nothing wrong there Rman...:biglaugh: Just because his dream is seemingly gone we can still have ours!:clap:
(watch him now say that's all it is, is a dream...:popcorn:)

Not jealous, never said I was. Once again ... read some of my posts, I have always said .. " Estes is a well run company with excellent management " ..
You and many others don't seem to be able to understand what I write, other then to think you are under attack.
Take the time to check my profile, it's there, I said I am union. That's so unlike many non's who are afraid to say ( what or who ) they are.

Not afraid here....non and glad of it, my thinking is simple, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ya know something, we have 9 yes 9 pages over Robey saving his money and buying some land! What ever happened to 'strike when the iron is hot' Get it while the getting is good and so on and so forth? It sounds like jealousy has reared its ugly head. If we fall on our rear ends, get sold down the river, bought up whatever, you folks have our permission to say what you want about the little Co. from Richmond

That's what I thought, but you seem to ignore the fact that that is THE issue. Of course there will be grumbles about day to day things. But as I once heard you put it you "shot from the hip" and declared you could find a post like that on other forums which you cannot.

Who is done ? Are you jumping to a conclusion, or just stating an opinion ?
Yes.... that's what I thought, it's only your opinion that YRC might some day fold. Let me remind you that Yellow ( and the very profitable ABF ) have filed bankruptcy before.
Look around ... I still see Yellow, in the form of YRC, and ABF still operating. Don't look back to quickly either, the forums are always alive with the rumor that ABF is looking to acquire another company ... and they have more cash then "Rob" has in his desk. Don't speculate on something that only time will tell.