TForce | Does Anyone Know Why The VOLVO Emblems Are Being Taken Off The Trucks?

Credits
Does anyone know why the VOLVO emblem are being taken off the grills of the trucks?
Everytime a truck go into the Louisville shop for anything it comes out missing the grill emblem.
Are the rest of the shops doing this?
The shop manager in louisville has a stack of them in his office.
Maybe he is selling them on EBAY.

clutchcargo said:
Does anyone know why the VOLVO emblem are being taken off the grills of the trucks?
Everytime a truck go into the Louisville shop for anything it comes out missing the grill emblem.

It's UPS policy.

Take a look at all of the Regular UPS brown trucks..

you won't find any emblems on them.
Must be just their way of doing business.

clutchcargo said:

It is my understanding UPS doesn't like to advertise for the manufacturer.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
It is my understanding UPS doesn't like to advertise for the manufacturer.

Wow now that's pretty petty. But I swear the Mack's up here have the bull dog on the hood. Well when I get board tonight I can look at brown trucks.:rolleyes:

Pompano said:
Wow now that's pretty petty. But I swear the Mack's up here have the bull dog on the hood. Well when I get board tonight I can look at brown trucks.:rolleyes:
the reason those are still on there is because they are handles to pull the hood

I know another grip. Uniforms. You are not allowed to go anywhere in your uniform on your way to or from work. Same goes for you cap. If you have to make a stop, you have to change your clothes. Has anyone else heard this?

Valerie said:
I know another grip. Uniforms. You are not allowed to go anywhere in your uniform on your way to or from work. Same goes for you cap. If you have to make a stop, you have to change your clothes. Has anyone else heard this?

I've heard of it Valerie but I've also seen plenty of guys making stops ont eh way home. Especially stopping to buy beer.
I really don't see how that policy can be enforced

jdtex said:
the reason those are still on there is because they are handles to pull the hood

UPS teaches use to lift the hood by the right fender, not the BullDog.

Hand slipping off BullDog cuases driver to stumble, fall down and hurt self.

The reason the BullDog is on the later Model tractors is Mack told UPS they would charge UPS over $1000 per tractor to put the handle there instead of BullDog. Mack claimed it did need UPS business that much to re-fit its assembly line to install handles like on the older CH's.

Take a look at the Sterlings, no Sterling Letters on the front grill.

The Lousiville's are stripped of Ford emblems.

I believe the new Internationals are missing the Navistar Diamond in front also.

It UPS's way of control, get used to it.

T251

CFer said:
I've heard of it Valerie but I've also seen plenty of guys making stops ont eh way home. Especially stopping to buy beer.
I really don't see how that policy can be enforced

It can be enforced, usally by a gungho supervisor.

Brockton Mass building had a liguor store right around the corner. Every night, browns cold be seen entering and exiting.
Some drivers would hang in the lot too and sip a few.
Well some suit and tie noticed it and it is strickly forbidden for anyone in browns to enter that store now.

I stop all the time, usally to or from work at coffe shops, gas stations, massages palors, no one ever says a thing.

T251

I bring my old OVNT coat,and a nascar hat in my car.

If I have to make a stop outside of work I'm all set.
I must admit that wearing a coat in a store in 90 degree or hotter temps. does look kind of strange to other shoppers.

But the way I see it I can't take the dumb act getting caught with the braned uniform,because we were all forwarned by our TM.

Also I'm kind of used to driving into the same parking lot to work for 20 years Overnite/UPS Freight,and being over 62.
Guess I'm set in my ways,so if thats what the parent UPS wants than I'm ok with it.

No sweat, just being funny,wearing a coat in the summer, there is a lot of sweat,but I gotta do what I gotta do to keep the brand safe.
Or do I mean keep my job safe.
Or all of the above!!!!!!!!!

When I first started at UPS we had cabover Petes that not only had the emblems on all 3 sides, they had a air horn, spotlight mounted by the drivers door, and aluminum wheels all around, not to mention aluminum wheels on all the trailers.
Some dipsticks blowin the airhorns at night near residential areas got them taken off. Pretty soon the emblems started going away too. I grabbed some Pete emblems one day in the shop that were tossed in the garbage. I will try to find some pics of the Petes for you guys.
We also had a few IH Emeryvilles in service in the early 80's that had the IH emblems on them along with the airhorns.