Holland | Does Holland-YRCW wants Senior Driver's gone by 2019

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
With the way they are treating the senior driver's lately it would seem that Holland -YRCW wants all the Senior Guys gone by 2019 ,so they can't vote No and tell these new Driver's about the -15% and lost week's vacation and the good old days when we had a union to fight for us and had full pay & pension !! It is really sad when you tell these new guy's about the -15% & other :crap: that has gone on and they all say well nobody told me that in the job interview about pension fund going broke or -15% or lost weeks vacation time and from 9 hrs down to 8 hrs vac pay too !! But hang in there senior driver's and vote No and fight back in 2019 , this one we will have to fight for ourselves !!:6788:

My retirement date is scheduled for December 2018. I'll turn 62 at this point and willing to give up 18% to move forward with the last faze of life. But I'm delaying long enough to get to vote. I hope our leaders (IBT) will send a strong message to YRCW that anything less than a fair contract will be unacceptable.

With the way they are treating the senior driver's lately it would seem that Holland -YRCW wants all the Senior Guys gone by 2019 ,so they can't vote No and tell these new Driver's about the -15% and lost week's vacation and the good old days when we had a union to fight for us and had full pay & pension !! It is really sad when you tell these new guy's about the -15% & other :crap: that has gone on and they all say well nobody told me that in the job interview about pension fund going broke or -15% or lost weeks vacation time and from 9 hrs down to 8 hrs vac pay too !! But hang in there senior driver's and vote No and fight back in 2019 , this one we will have to fight for ourselves !!:6788:
I still believe that many of the senior drivers are the ones who would fight their way to the front of the line to vote YES. Of course they will all swear on Jimmy Hoffa's grave that they voted NO......sure they did. The new guys would have to be deaf or dumb or maybe both not to be aware of the fifteen percent and everything associated with it.

The worst part about this is that decades ago, we looked at Holland as CAREER not just a job. Now these fools take it as just another job that is disposable, and don't do enough research to know what they are getting themselves in to.
And yes, the company would like to get rid of those drivers who have a link to it's former benefits package.

I have a pretty good feel of most guys I've worked with for over 20 years. I believe it will be a 100% " no " vote regardless of a good or bad offer.

I have a pretty good feel of most guys I've worked with for over 20 years. I believe it will be a 100% " no " vote regardless of a good or bad offer.
I know for a fact that a 100 percent of the guys that I work with will say they are a NO vote and it will pass with sixty or seventy percent of the vote, never been able to figure that one out.....right. Talking about the new guys, I am amazed how little they understand about the company even after they spend a week with a mentor and however many days in orientation. I talk to guys all the time and they are shocked when they have to work on Saturdays or just this week I talked to one who was all upset they had to go out Sunday night after being hung out on Saturday, when I asked why they didn't put in for earned time off they responded "whats that". Changing the subject, where are the empties I was through Milwaukee yesterday and they usually have about twenty in that back right corner and they only had one, a buddy of mine was in Rock Island and had to unload freight in the dock to get one. This is going to become a very serious problem if someone doesn't do something about it!

I know for a fact that a 100 percent of the guys that I work with will say they are a NO vote and it will pass with sixty or seventy percent of the vote, never been able to figure that one out.....right. Talking about the new guys, I am amazed how little they understand about the company even after they spend a week with a mentor and however many days in orientation. I talk to guys all the time and they are shocked when they have to work on Saturdays or just this week I talked to one who was all upset they had to go out Sunday night after being hung out on Saturday, when I asked why they didn't put in for earned time off they responded "whats that". Changing the subject, where are the empties I was through Milwaukee yesterday and they usually have about twenty in that back right corner and they only had one, a buddy of mine was in Rock Island and had to unload freight in the dock to get one. This is going to become a very serious problem if someone doesn't do something about it!
Empty Trailer's ?? What Empty trailer's they are all being used for TRAP trailer's and daily we have NO empty trailers to load ?? It's the NEW Holland way now days , is to do everything the yrc money losing way !!

Talking about the new guys, I am amazed how little they understand about the company even after they spend a week with a mentor and however many days in orientation. I talk to guys all the time and they are shocked when they have to work on Saturdays or just this week I talked to one who was all upset they had to go out Sunday night after being hung out on Saturday, when I asked why they didn't put in for earned time off they responded "whats that".

Naive, I think is what I would call that. Not knowing what questions to ask beyond the normal job duties and benefits. The company only telling them what they want to hear or what they are willing to divulge. In this day and age with smartphones and access to the internet, drivers should be able to do some fact checking other than the ads companies are pushing. How many just take the first job that's offered to them, and don't go out comparing companies. Now I know what the senior drivers were talking about back when I started, a certain percent on the bottom is just a revolving door. It's just now you find fewer to go through it. Hence the company will do more with less, burning out their current roster of drivers.

Every contract year the games will start, its just the nature of the beast.

It all depends on what they offer in 2019. If they keep the health insurance and throw in a couple of raises it's going to pass. If any of you think the pension is coming back you are living in la la Land. Look at what percentage of drivers on the board that actually worked under full scale and pension. I bet most places are pushing 50 percent. That means 50 percent don't give a s*** about the pension. So you throw more money in there pocket and its going to pass.

I wish that you were right, but the average truck driver has a massive set of gonads around the guys, but momma is making the final decision, and she says to shut up and keep the checks coming in.

Don't know IF they doing this at all barns but they are working the **** out of the Senior guys , adding on more pick ups out of the normal to keep them out 13 to 14 hours a day !!

Who's been voting Yes since 2008??????
Please don't tell me a person that's going to be hired in 2018.

They dont have to worry about me Im retiring June 30. I dont care what they do. They are going to run this company into the ground. They dont want to hire anyone. They could have hired my son back but they are too stubborn. Just because he worked at CO for 3 years and got mad and quit the Terminal manager got pissed and now won't hire him. So I don't want to hear about how they can't find anyone. They would rather use brokers and hire hay wagon drivers than to hire experienced people. Just check out the 45000 dollar supervisors they hire that don't know the difference between a two wheeler and a tractor. And they wonder why they quit when they try to make them work 70 hours a week. Hell get a job at McDonald's or Wendy's make more per hour than that.

They dont have to worry about me Im retiring June 30. I dont care what they do. They are going to run this company into the ground. They dont want to hire anyone. They could have hired my son back but they are too stubborn. Just because he worked at CO for 3 years and got mad and quit the Terminal manager got pissed and now won't hire him. So I don't want to hear about how they can't find anyone. They would rather use brokers and hire hay wagon drivers than to hire experienced people. Just check out the 45000 dollar supervisors they hire that don't know the difference between a two wheeler and a tractor. And they wonder why they quit when they try to make them work 70 hours a week. Hell get a job at McDonald's or Wendy's make more per hour than that.
Good luck and congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy!!!!

Don't know IF they doing this at all barns but they are working the **** out of the Senior guys , adding on more pick ups out of the normal to keep them out 13 to 14 hours a day !!
What I see daily is,
Guys who do their job working 10-12 a day,
Guys who **** and moan about everything, come in off the street when they want.
Guys who steal about 2-3 hours of time a day,bring back deliveries,and get 10-12 a day.
Guys who want only 8 a day,blowing off pickups,and coming through the gate on 7:30 hours

The supervisors we have in Milwaukee wouldn't make it at McDonalds.