Does it matter?

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by MikeJ, Oct 5, 2014.

1. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

I see Dayton Freight has an opening for Class B drivers here in Cleveland. I have a Class A and all my experience is Class A, but that being said, does it really matter? If you have an A you automatically can drive a Class B truck although if it matters I have a passenger bus endorsement so I kind of have both in a way ha-ha although if you have an A you automatically have a B, so here is my question why do they go out of there way to ask for Class B drivers, why not just say CDL A or B for local straight truck driving?

Do they pay the Class B guys less or is it just these companies being goofy?

2. Enforcer75

Enforcer75 Member

normally they use the straight trucks for the dock to driver program, I would only be guessing why they would hire a class B right off the street. As far as pay goes, the class B drivers do make a couple $ less per hour.

3. MikeJ

MikeJ Well-Known Member

That's what I figured. I find it odd to that they hire Class B's off the street.

4. daddy o

daddy o Active Member

Its no big deal, you will make a few dollars less an hour however when a class A driving position becomes available you could transfer to that position. I fyou are interested it doesn't hurt to fill out app and if they call you talk it over with the service center manager.