R&L | Does R+l Have A Legal Responsibility To Inform Us Of An Infected Employee?

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
There have been rumors about sick dock workers and a driver who's wife MAY have the corona virus. I know one man is waiting on his wife's test results to come back but there was a rumor a dock worker was having trouble breathing and management was informed but whether that one is a rumor or not I can't say for sure. Do companies have a legal responsibility to inform us if someone has tested positive for the corona virus or not? It would have company wide ramifications we all know that. I don't want to wait until some employee tells his friend he tested positive and then a week later the company still hasn't called us to an open air meeting. There has not been one letter...communication....email.....phone call nor text to anyone regarding what R+L is doing to address this virus. We get one pair of gloves and a couple hand wipes each day? What? Whatever the company is or isn't doing I want to know that each of you is doing your part to stay healthy. My customers do more for me then R+L. Not to change my direction....and believe me when I say my customers are more like friends.....that being said I have not had one customer say thank you for being here and delivering our non essential freight. We appreciate that you are here doing this. NOT ONE.....and most of all R+L hasn't said one thank you to anyone.....sound familiar? Stay safe gentlemen.

There have been rumors about sick dock workers and a driver who's wife MAY have the corona virus. I know one man is waiting on his wife's test results to come back but there was a rumor a dock worker was having trouble breathing and management was informed but whether that one is a rumor or not I can't say for sure. Do companies have a legal responsibility to inform us if someone has tested positive for the corona virus or not? It would have company wide ramifications we all know that. I don't want to wait until some employee tells his friend he tested positive and then a week later the company still hasn't called us to an open air meeting. There has not been one letter...communication....email.....phone call nor text to anyone regarding what R+L is doing to address this virus. We get one pair of gloves and a couple hand wipes each day? What? Whatever the company is or isn't doing I want to know that each of you is doing your part to stay healthy. My customers do more for me then R+L. Not to change my direction....and believe me when I say my customers are more like friends.....that being said I have not had one customer say thank you for being here and delivering our non essential freight. We appreciate that you are here doing this. NOT ONE.....and most of all R+L hasn't said one thank you to anyone.....sound familiar? Stay safe gentlemen.
Agree with you 100%... Lack of communication from HQ is very disheartening. Especially while we are risking our well being to keep money flowing. They can limit the amount of people they come in contact with and we have no limit on the amount of people we interact with everyday. No matter what management wants to say, they will NEVER understand what we are going through everyday out here. The psychological side is worse than the virus if you ask me. Definitely need leaders to step up in times like this and they are completely absent. Guess they'll come out when everything is safe and tell us what a great job we did.

Agree with you 100%... Lack of communication from HQ is very disheartening. Especially while we are risking our well being to keep money flowing. They can limit the amount of people they come in contact with and we have no limit on the amount of people we interact with everyday. No matter what management wants to say, they will NEVER understand what we are going through everyday out here. The psychological side is worse than the virus if you ask me. Definitely need leaders to step up in times like this and they are completely absent. Guess they'll come out when everything is safe and tell us what a great job we did.
No they will give a car away to a Wilmington employee

What the trucking company that I have been working for has had a couple of cases. What HR did was inform everyone during the meeting that an employee of the facility had tested positive and that they're last day of work was on whatever date they last worked. Due to HIPAA regulations their name nor department could be revealed. What our barn did as soon as they received an official confirmation of a COVID-19 test was to bring in a 3rd party crew to sanitize the work area with a solution. What the company could say is what exact work areas were sanitized by the 3rd party and you could from that information gather which exact dock they worked on.