ABF | Doing Truckloads

Tater Chip

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone think that ABF will ever do TL's? The reason I am asking, Conway is doing it, YRC is doing it and Averitt is too. The other day I saw a 48 or 53 with abf markings being pulled by a o/o. I know I wasn't seeing strange things. If they do I might even look into it.

If ABF were to get into TL, they would probably purchase a current TL company and rebrand it, as opposed to starting from scratch...That way the accounts/customers are already in place. But the question is, would it be profitable to ABF?

We have a Truckload Division at UPS Freight, it was formerly Overnite Special Services Division...they handle our dedicated accounts, and from my understanding from the sales people, they handle any shipment thats skid count is more than what will fit on a pup.

Our Truckload Division is run as a separate operation, they don't haul our LTL freight, in fact their Non-Union as well.

The other day I saw a 48 or 53 with abf markings being pulled by a o/o. I know I wasn't seeing strange things.
If they do, you already have those real nice tri-axles to load up. :hysterical: I have seen a couple of 53' ABF (in small writing) but never an O/O pulling. I would say in select market areas ABF could make a go of it. Especially with the economy like it is.

they have had two truckload carriers in the past, but none bearing the abf name. one was usa truck, the other was clipper.. i dont see them getting into that mess. and yes, truckload is a mess...

Heard they are phasing out the tri axles because that can't get them any more. The 53 that you see are used for the rail or the rpm freight.

Does anyone think that ABF will ever do TL's? The reason I am asking, Conway is doing it, YRC is doing it and Averitt is too. The other day I saw a 48 or 53 with abf markings being pulled by a o/o. I know I wasn't seeing strange things. If they do I might even look into it.

ABF has been offering truckload services for some time. Probably several years. Van, reefer, flat, specialized services, etc. They also offer specialized JIT warehouse and distribution services.

http://www.abfs.com/services/?NCHK=STAB