Dolphins' 'Ochocinco' changes name back to Johnson

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
MIAMI (AP) -- Chad Ochocinco is officially no more. The Miami Dolphins wide receiver has changed his name back to the original Chad Johnson.

Johnson legally changed his name Monday in an appearance at the Broward County Courthouse. The change he announced via Twitter quickly follows his July Fourth marriage to Evelyn Lozada of TV's ''Basketball Wives'' fame.

Johnson was known as ''Ochocinco'' for the past four seasons. The name was a playful reference to the No. 85 he wore on his jersey.................

Dolphins' 'Ochocinco' changes name back to Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

If he wants to get noticed......he should try to perform on the football field. And for him.......that would be something new.

I hope Johnson adapts well to the Dolphins offenive scheme.They could really use the help.Hope Moss has a good year too.

He might need to know how to change his address....After his ex gets done with him for beatin' the hell out of her, she'll need to know where the checks will be mailed from...I hope nobody gives this bum another chance....SHOWTIME is over Ocho.....

He might need to know how to change his address....After his ex gets done with him for beatin' the hell out of her, she'll need to know where the checks will be mailed from...I hope nobody gives this bum another chance....SHOWTIME is over Ocho.....
I hadn't heard about the domestic abuse story. Another reason to send him off into retirement.

Chad Johnson Gets Released on Hard Knocks Live HBO Miami Dolphins
The Actual firing starts at 2:30 in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish some of these troubled players and prima donnas,that get another chance could turn it around and be productive people in the NFL and society.I was really wanting Johnson to have a good year.

That video really shows the "reality" of a player getting cut and puts it into perspective. I hate to see someone getting put out to pasture but I'm also in favor of people being responsible for their own personal conduct. These stars need to realize that the world does not revolve around them. Follow the rules of personal conduct or suffer the consequences.