Donald Trump · Trending

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

And since no jobs are available.................

2. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Where is the Exception?

3. pilot87

Are telling me that in the areas that you mention, that the US Constitution is no longer recognized and that Sharia Law has replaced it?

What are the chances of that happening? ....... Slim to none is my guess....... The more they can keep you afraid of the unlikely, the more willing you are to support war in the middle east......and the more the Military/Industrial complex profits from our tax dollars.... The real potential for destruction of this Nation comes from Corporate money and influence in Politics.....

Magoo and Crystal like this.
  4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

At the wrong end of my .308 if it has to be.

Magoo, Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

You lecture a lot, but make no sense. This goes back to the FBI saying we can't vet the refugees. Set up a camp in Syria (like the refugees told Dr Carson they wanted), protect our borders, and move on.

Northern Flash and ABFer like this.
  6. ABFer

They said they'd rather live in tents, why not give them what they want?

7. pilot87

Your response isn't germaine to my post about the Constitution providing for the freedom of Religion...and my post about your claiming Sharia law has replaced the Constitution in areas of the US......nor is it germaine to anything in my post that you just quoted...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Magoo likes this.
  8. pilot87

For those that prefer tents and to stay there, I don't think those are the ones applying for refugee status here or elsewhere....and yes, if they want tents, by all means, give them tents..

9. pilot87

Let me rephrase, where is the constitutional exception?

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

And whether or not there Is a religious test to be Prez isn't germaine to this thread, which was my point. No one ever said a Muslim couldn't be Prez. What had been said is that one can't believe in Sharia and be Prez , and then you spin. Sharia isn't religion. It's laws.

Northern Flash likes this.
  11. pilot87

.......That didn't have anything to do with my post about the Constitution providing freedom of Religion.........which includes being a Muslim...... I asked where the exceptions to religious freedoms are found in the Constitution....You replied "It doesn't allow for Sharia Courts." I asked where in the USA has Sharia law replaced the US Constitution....you then listed a few places, to which I asked, if you were telling me that the US Constitution was replaced by Sharia law in those areas and if the US Constitution was not recognized in those places....
    That is where you went off track by talking about vetting refugees and Muslim Presidents etc...etc.......Nice try at deflecting away from the discussion.... Now do you understand why I said your comment was not germane to the discussion we were having?.......

Probably not.....but I tried........ But I'll respond to your points in this post anyway....

A true Muslim, who puts his, or her, faith first....would not be interested in American Politics....much less aspire to the Presidency.

I'd also say that of a True Christian as well...... Religion and Politics should not be mixed..... Christianity or any other....

Magoo likes this.
  12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Politics is what we believe, what we value, how we live, how we vote.

Religion, ditto. The two are inseparable. We don't take off our religion and hang it by the door. We are what we believe.

13. ABFer

I thought that we are what we eat? :shrug:

Northern Flash, pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  14. pilot87

If Politics is what believe and what you value and how you live......Then I'd say that is where your heart is...... Scripture clearly states that a man cannot serve two masters......

They should be separate....sadly they are not, and that is causing friction between the two..... Even your "Savior" Rafael Edward Cruz said the Pope should leave Politics to the Politicians..... It will come at some point that the Government will tire of the influence of the Church meddling in Political affairs.....

You're certainly entitled to your opinion...I think today, all to often, people people do "hang their religion by the door" and only trot it out when it's convenient to do so and so as to give appearances of being a person of God...(Like Politicians do, as an example).....When in fact they place their true faith in Politicians and Politics.....

And you clearly said Politics is what you believe, what you value, how you live........ And that is your choice.....matters not to me.....

15. Northern Flash

Tell us what America gains by those refugees coming here?

16. Northern Flash

Wrong. You must have missed the list of Muslims that are ALREADY in our Govt. And if you think that they don't aspire to get into a higher position, you're crazy.

By the way, was America founded on Muslim beliefs or Christian beliefs?

jimmy g likes this.
  17. Northern Flash

And it's obvious that the Democrat party has chosen Govt. as their master and kicked the other option to the curb.
    (gay marriage, abortion, etc. etc)

18. pilot87

Can't argue with that....

19. pilot87

I never stated that there were no Muslims in Government....... What I did say was my opinion that a True Muslim wouldn't want to get involved in American Politics....... I'm of the opinion that any Religious person who places their faith in a higher authority wouldn't feel the need to rely on corrupted Political Systems to create a better World for Humanity........ Muslims engaging in American Politics, in my view, aren't as devout as you may think.....

20. pilot87

The short answer is...... Neither...... If you want the long answer, I could expound on it further........

Magoo likes this.