ODFL | Don't fire yourself

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
I understand a young man fired himself at an O.D. terminal yesterday.This fella had a little time in,not much,but enough to hold on to his spot in slow times.I have never seen a job as important as it is today.I don't believe a work place should be grave yard serious but if you're going to play stay on the playground with the rest of your little buds.Leave the work place to the grown men that have bills to pay and mouths to feed.I'm sure all companys have a few like this,just work around them and don't go out the door with them,sooner or later they'll fire themselves.

Another thing,make a real effort to get along with the people you work for and with.If you can't get along with someone try to stay away from them if you can.If it just can't be worked out start looking somewhere else.Finishing your time and retiring is how you come out ahead in this business.That pension or 401 rollover is your goal.If you start hopping from job to job because you can't get along with people or they can't get along with you you'll end up working to the day you die because you haven't stayed anywhere long enough to build retirement.But that's just my opinion.