FedEx Freight | Don't get hurt and be out for more than six months...

ChooChoo

FedUp
Credits
Anyone bother to read the Leave of Absence Policy?

Looks like we went from 12 to 6 months of disability leave to retain our seniority. I'm sure it'll be up to "Management Discretion". You know, the ol' "Who ya know and who ya...." kind of thing. So yeah, Leave of Absence Policy. Check page 13 to see how much this company really cares about you and your family. Like it's not bad enough you get kicked off of all insurance benefits after 6 months, now you have to worry about even having a job after six months.

You poor little frogs. As they slowly turn the heat up, you think they're doing you a favor. After all, they wouldn't just throw you straight into a pot of boiling water.

Looks like we went from 12 to 6 months of disability leave to retain our seniority. I'm sure it'll be up to "Management Discretion". You know, the ol' "Who ya know and who ya...." kind of thing. So yeah, Leave of Absence Policy. Check page 13 to see how much this company really cares about you and your family. Like it's not bad enough you get kicked off of all insurance benefits after 6 months, now you have to worry about even having a job after six months.

You poor little frogs. As they slowly turn the heat up, you think they're doing you a favor. After all, they wouldn't just throw you straight into a pot of boiling water.
I see you received a copy of the talking points for this month...or were you in on the conference call too??

I'm confused....first you mentioned "leave of absence" then you mentioned "disability leave"...which is it??

I see you received a copy of the talking points for this month...or were you in on the conference call too??

I'm confused....first you mentioned "leave of absence" then you mentioned "disability leave"...which is it??
Disability leave/leaves for more than six months. Found under the section of the driver manual titled "Leaves of Absense".

Anything else? I can see why you love this place. You enjoy being micromanaged in the same way that you love to overthink and micromanage my statements. That's cute.

Your just a little wrong here. When you go on disability and after 6 months you are still on disability your position is filled. When you are healthy enough to return to work a position must be available for you to return. Once a position is made available you retain your seniority. Also after 6 months you don't lose all insurance. You are eligible to get Cobra insurance and keep your same insurance or change your insurance to different level of insurance.

Your just a little wrong here. When you go on disability and after 6 months you are still on disability your position is filled. When you are healthy enough to return to work a position must be available for you to return. Once a position is made available you retain your seniority. Also after 6 months you don't lose all insurance. You are eligible to get Cobra insurance and keep your same insurance or change your insurance to different level of insurance.
A revision was made to the policy effective June 1, 2016. Shall I quote it for you? You are correct about Cobra. If I may ask another question; Have you experienced the Cobra process?

Not to mention, he's speaking of short term disability (I guess), after six months you go onto long term disability.

Leaves of Absence Policy
Department Owner: Human Resources Applies to: ☒ FXFI ☐ FXFC
Last Revision Date: 06/01/16

LTD Employment Status
Once an employee's 26 weeks in STD status ends or once an employee begins an LTD leave, where the disability leave is the primary leave, the employee’s position is no longer held. When this occurs, the below employment status guidelines will apply:
• Even though the individual’s job is not held, he/she will continue to be classified as an employee in the HR-Payroll system for up to 1 year from the LTD date.
• If the employee provides an appropriate work release within one year of the LTD date, the employee may receive priority preference to fill available openings ahead of standard transfers or external hires. The below process will be followed:
o If there is an open requisition for the individual’s same positon/location: he/she may return to work and retain his/her job class and company seniority.
• A new position will not be created to allow someone to return from leave; however, if the need exists and a requisition has not yet been created, one may be opened as a “listing exception” when being filled by an employee returning from LTD.

Benefits
Health benefits are subject to termination when an employee reaches LTD. Life benefits can be continued for 6 additional months provided the disability claim remains approved with Aetna and premiums for coverages are paid monthly. Once coverage has ended, continuation of benefits will be offered under COBRA. If COBRA is not elected, a lapse in coverage will result. Upon returning to work following the lapse, the employee must re-enroll in all benefits via “FedEx Benefits Online” in order to participate. Premiums collected in arrears for the first 90 days of leave will be deducted. For more information or questions regarding enrollment or the payment process, contact the FedEx Benefits Center at 1-800-8885622.

The employee is responsible for health benefit premiums to ensure continued health coverage. Premiums for benefit programs will collect in arrears up to 90 days. Upon returning to work, the accumulated amount will be taken on a pro-rated basis until the full amount is collected. If the leave exceeds 90 days, the FedEx Benefits Center will begin billing the member directly in order to continue coverage. For more information, contact the FedEx Benefits Center at 1-800-888-5622.

-Let me know how great the Cobra system is....LOL

A revision was made to the policy effective June 1, 2016. Shall I quote it for you? You are correct about Cobra. If I may ask another question; Have you experienced the Cobra process?

Yes I have and the return from long term disability too. I just came back from long term disability.

Leaves of Absence Policy

LTD Employment Status
Once an employee's 26 weeks in STD status ends or once an employee begins an LTD leave, where the disability leave is the primary leave, the employee’s position is no longer held. When this occurs, the below employment status guidelines will apply:
• Even though the individual’s job is not held, he/she will continue to be classified as an employee in the HR-Payroll system for up to 1 year from the LTD date.
• If the employee provides an appropriate work release within one year of the LTD date, the employee may receive priority preference to fill available openings ahead of standard transfers or external hires. The below process will be followed:
o If there is an open requisition for the individual’s same positon/location: he/she may return to work and retain his/her job class and company seniority.
• A new position will not be created to allow someone to return from leave; however, if the need exists and a requisition has not yet been created, one may be opened as a “listing exception” when being filled by an employee returning from LTD.

Benefits
Health benefits are subject to termination when an employee reaches LTD. Life benefits can be continued for 6 additional months provided the disability claim remains approved with Aetna and premiums for coverages are paid monthly. Once coverage has ended, continuation of benefits will be offered under COBRA. If COBRA is not elected, a lapse in coverage will result. Upon returning to work following the lapse, the employee must re-enroll in all benefits via “FedEx Benefits Online” in order to participate. Premiums collected in arrears for the first 90 days of leave will be deducted. For more information or questions regarding enrollment or the payment process, contact the FedEx Benefits Center at 1-800-8885622.

The employee is responsible for health benefit premiums to ensure continued health coverage. Premiums for benefit programs will collect in arrears up to 90 days. Upon returning to work, the accumulated amount will be taken on a pro-rated basis until the full amount is collected. If the leave exceeds 90 days, the FedEx Benefits Center will begin billing the member directly in order to continue coverage. For more information, contact the FedEx Benefits Center at 1-800-888-5622.

So what's your point??

Leaves of Absence Policy

LTD Employment Status

Benefits

This is exactly what I said happens. As far as the Cobra it saved my life. I was able to keep my Fedex insurance which in turn I was able to get every treatment I ever needed to keep me alive and get better.

This is exactly what I said happens. As far as the Cobra it saved my life. I was able to keep my Fedex insurance which in turn I was able to get every treatment I ever needed to keep me alive and get better.
The "revised policy" he speaks of clearly says we have six months of STD and one year of LTD for a total of 18 months and in my 21.5 years with the company, I've NEVER known of anyone who's been out for the 1.5 years or less that didn't have a job once they returned to work!!

The "revised policy" he speaks of clearly says we have six months of STD and one year of LTD for a total of 18 months and in my 21.5 years with the company, I've NEVER known of anyone who's been out for the 1.5 years or less that didn't have a job once they returned to work!!

If your out so long you loose your seniority per our old rule book. Don't remember when it was from but I can look.

Ugh, it was revised on 6/1/16. If I were allowed to mention names, I'd say give one of your fellow CLT drivers a call and see how it's working out for him. You're as hard headed as Ron Jeremy.

Sex Pistol (Love them, btw), I am sincerely happy that it worked out for you with Cobra. It seems to be a mixed, yet equal, bag when it comes to experiences with enrolling.

Ugh, it was revised on 6/1/16. If I were allowed to mention names, I'd say give one of your fellow CLT drivers a call and see how it's working out for him. You're as hard headed as Ron Jeremy.

Sex Pistol (Love them, btw), I am sincerely happy that it worked out for you with Cobra. It seems to be a mixed, yet equal, bag when it comes to experiences with enrolling.

Thanks. You just have to be aware of it and don't let it lapse. I think that's where people run into trouble.