Dont know what to do

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
We might be having another day route put on up in are yard. I dont know what to do. I love shuttling cant get any better except maybe better hours. But I have a baby coming next month and I kinda want to be home in the evenings. I start around 5 pm everyday and I'm done around 1 or 2 am. If I switch I might get a overnight route or some long day routes to Iowa like 500 mile route trip routes with 1 or 2 stops. I dont know what to do. Ive had alot of people tell me to stay on shuttle because I will miss it and regret it but then other people say switch because i'm young. What you guys think?

If you stay shuttle you can be there at home and wide awake to help your girl when the baby needs fed or changed in the middle of the night, your girl can sleep and she will never forget that help you gave her.

If you go to days yes you will be home evenings, but when will you start and when will you have to go to sleep? You may very well be more help to your family if you stay on your shuttle job, you enjoy it, it makes you happy. Thats priceless dude. Just my observation.

Most of are routes start at 4 or 5. The one thing i miss is the excersise because now i dont get any like it did when i was doing routes. and i kinda miss the challege of backing and tight areas. So I dont know. i got time to think about it.

Unfortantly there are no gyms by where I live. I dont want to drive 30 mins to the gym especially with the gas prices this high. The other thing is if I switch my fiance can go back to work because then she can work the evenings and we wont have to get a baby sitter which will save us money. Are route drivers make more money then shuttle drivers. They make about 200-300 dollars more then i do but i guess they got more crap to put up with then me. I'll just have to sit down with my boss and talk to him about it. Routes,money and start times. I know my boss wants me to do it because I'm a experienced route driver so he wont really have to train me other then using the handheld computer.

A sweet line-haul gig is pretty hard to come by, if you were LTL alot of guys would kill for it. And after a 5 hour flat tire Tuesday (first service dispatched to I-94-mm 119 in Michigan, rather than I-94 in Minnesota) route went 3 day instead of 2, and a 7 hour blizzard delay with 2 stops left today, if it was closer to the Cities I might even kill for it. Beside you're young you have your whole life to exercise.