Don't know what to do

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
So I pretty much have my son full time now. But now it's going to be really tight money wise for me. So I'm looking for something that pays more then I'm making now. Saia still wants to hire me. It's 1.21 more a hr then I'm making now. And there's a good possibility to move to linehaul this summer. Or i could go to Sysco Asian Foods. I don't really want to go back to food service but I guess if I'm desperate enough I could. I don't know what to do anymore

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Can't help ya there, it's a choice you have to make. Hope it ends up being the right one for yourself.

Do you get child support from your son's mother? I know sometimes that kind of thing happens. My cousin he doesn't get child support, but he doesn't pay it either, him and what ever you would call her, kind of by passed the entire family court system.

No. All this stuff happened over the weekend. We haven't gone to court or nothing yet. I talked to my mom. All she said was that I have to make more money

Make more money eh? What part of the country do you live in? I know here in N. Texas we need a driver or two. Our last hire quit two days into training because he couldn't work past 1900 hours. But the Health Insurance is $10 week no matter how many kids you have.

Wish you were here.

Every time I've made a decision because I felt like I had no other choice more often than not it's been a bad one. Best advice is take a breath and not do anything spur if the moment.
Right after my girls were born we were dead broke after getting the hospital bill, so in a way I know where you're coming from. $1.20/hr is $48/wk. Won't make you a millionaire but I get that if you need that $48 to keep the lights on it may as well be a million bucks. If I remember right your son's young. In a few years you'll have more to think about than just money. Schedule comes into play too. Don't know if the custody arrangement is mutual, if not you'll want to be able to show the judge steady employment and definitely don't want to tell him you'll be working 14hrs a day leaving him with someone else.
Take a deep breath and don't do anything out of desperation. In 20 years he won't remember how poor he was or how much money he had as a baby, but he will remember the time you spent together.

4apeqamy.jpg

This is a big reason why I'm ready to quit. I'm not willing to lose my license to ruin my career because they don't care how the trucks get loaded

Can't blame you, that stuff needs to be fastened down better than that.

I almost quit my job today. The load I had today was the worst load I've ever had here. I was so mad and no one cared. Let's put it this way. I was so mad and am still mad that I really am considering putting a application in AT Sysco Asian Foods. I don't really want to do foodservice again but at least my stress will be down and I wouldn't have to worry about dot. Also a 4 day work week sounds nice especially since I have a gf now. 4 day work week and 60k a year

I'm married and I wish I had 4day/60K and a girlfriend...

Seriously, if its eating at you that bad the job ain't worth it (coming from a guy who gripes almost daily).

I'm not married but I am a single parent. There's also a possibility I could get 2 overnight routes at Asian foods. My buddy made just over 65k last year at Asian foods. Plus it's only 10 mins from my gfs house so I could see her more.

Idk what I want to do. I had to get my tanker endorsement. By the time I got it saia filled all the spots. There's a gas station chain here looking for tanker drivers but they don't have set schedules. Now that I have my tanker endorsement and hazmat I have alot more options

My application is in for the Union car haul Job. I really hope I get a call. I'm also applying for a tanker job with kwik trips private fleet. But I'll be working Friday to Monday. But it will save me a bunch of money on daycare. Idk good money tho from what I'm told

hey moneyman01, I totally get where you are in your life. I'm interviewing like crazy with all sorts of companies, truckload, ltl, food service, gas haulers....just trying to find the right one its tougher than I thought it would be. I'm married with one child, full custody and my wife is her stepmother, so I value home time believe me. I've got an interview with Sysco tomorrow and I've been offered a position with Con-Way. Just trying to see where God leads me. Hopefully great money and home-time...

Yeah I hear ya man. It's tough. Pretty soon you'll be able to find some good jobs I think. I had a over the phone interview today with a convenient store chain pulling tankers. Pays good. I could make a minimum of 54k a year before profit sharing and bonuses. But they are talking about shuttling grocery trailers so I'm going to try and get on that instead

I mapped out how far it is from la crosse to Duluth and I don't think they will be shuttling to the cities. If anything they might shuttle to Eau Claire wi instead. Kinda bums me out

Got a call today from Abf. They want to give me a interview. Also got a email from kwik trip and he wants to do a formal interview with me to. 2 good jobs it sounds likw

Awesome bro, I interviewed today with sysco foods in Atlanta, and UPS Freight. Tmmrw I interview with FedEx Freight. Things are looking up. Are you referring to QT the gas station?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

No kwik trip is up here in MN wi and ia. Good luck bro. Which gig do you want

Idk probably FedEx Freight if they hire me, they pay very well and I don't have to mess with the union AT UPS

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk