FedEx Freight | Dont want to lose it....

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
Im sorry, I guess I just enjoy reading more than posting......
I like reading the bitchin and whining, but in my opinion, I have a great job, great pay and bennies, but its not heaven on earth, but it could be worse. Ive worked for other carriers, and believe me, its the best city job out there. The only thing that worries me is the fate of the linehaul......they say it is 85% (I think) of the companies expense. Im afraid they are going to slowly phase it out. Rail is too cheap and reliable, and PT is also too lucrative. Fedex is all about making money, and the traditional freight way of operating, in this day and time is going to change. It has to..... Whether we like it or not. With all the lofty goals they come out with every week, Im just gonna do the best I can, and if thats not good enough, then Ill just go until they fire me.... Because the next guy is not gonna do any better than me, he'll just go as long as I did, and then he'll be gone etc etc . Good luck to you all, and keep your chin up.....:Rulz:

Im sorry, I guess I just enjoy reading more than posting......
I like reading the bitchin and whining, but in my opinion, I have a great job, great pay and bennies, but its not heaven on earth, but it could be worse. Ive worked for other carriers, and believe me, its the best city job out there. The only thing that worries me is the fate of the linehaul......they say it is 85% (I think) of the companies expense. Im afraid they are going to slowly phase it out. Rail is too cheap and reliable, and PT is also too lucrative. Fedex is all about making money, and the traditional freight way of operating, in this day and time is going to change. It has to..... Whether we like it or not. With all the lofty goals they come out with every week, Im just gonna do the best I can, and if thats not good enough, then Ill just go until they fire me.... Because the next guy is not gonna do any better than me, he'll just go as long as I did, and then he'll be gone etc etc . Good luck to you all, and keep your chin up.....:Rulz:

Hey some sense. I to believe they are goin to phase us out. Small if any raise, crappy insurance, nit picky write ups. Yet they want you to run in weather that is not fit to run in. If you don't they wanna say you refused to work. then if you do run, slide and hit someone, your disqualified until your accident is investigated. Do they REALLY think they are goin to FORCE a PT to run...LMMFAO!!!!