XPO | dont worry be happy

Lets see if you still work here in 5 years.3 strikes and your out driver. Tell me that is does not take any skill to do what we do.
Are you a dock jockey???

I run line haul out of XCO. I run XAY mostly. It snows a lot and gets a little slippery. I knew when I hired in that it could be over any day. It is no different now than it was then. A few strikes and you are done versus a few points and you are done. So go slow. Be careful. G.O.A.L. I guess you are right, some people are not meant to be drivers. If you are this worried about it, I guess that shows your confidence in those " skills " of yours.

Your absolutely right. Conway does not hire skilled people because they dont apply here. Thats why we have safe stack training and still damage freight. Thats why we have our own CDL school for part time dock workers and they still run over sh*t. Any body can go to a head shop and buy a cover up to pass a drug screen. UR totally right. WE can hire cheap labor off the street. And look what you get!!!

Just like Wal-mart. The cheaper the better. You can always find another. What you get is a bottom line that makes share holders happy. The freight will get there one way or another.

I run line haul out of XCO. I run XAY mostly. It snows a lot and gets a little slippery. I knew when I hired in that it could be over any day. It is no different now than it was then. A few strikes and you are done versus a few points and you are done. So go slow. Be careful. G.O.A.L. I guess you are right, some people are not meant to be drivers. If you are this worried about it, I guess that shows your confidence in those " skills " of yours.

SO, would you say it takes skill,knowledge, and practice to drive in adverse conditions? Do you think anyone can do that? Have you ever peddled a heavy city route in a rough part of town? Have you ever peddled a heavy city route in a rough part of town in adverse conditions?

SO, would you say it takes skill,knowledge, and practice to drive in adverse conditions? Do you think anyone can do that? Have you ever peddled a heavy city route in a rough part of town? Have you ever peddled a heavy city route in a rough part of town in adverse conditions?
He's a line haul driver no need for skills when you only make one stop a day ( one yard to the next then come back ) wow that's tuff ! Let him pull a heavy route in down town or at the mall, try it in a heavy populated industrial area where you can hardly turn a corner without running into the ditch, and then do it everyday with a 53' van! I'll bet he can come up with some skills then...

I mostly run linehaul, but I've ran enough city routes to realize that lh is a cakewalk compared to city. That is where most of the skill is. Yes, lh sucks in the winter, when you feel like the only truck out blazing a trail on an interstate that's probably closed, but city guys deal with a lot more day to day every day.

I mostly run linehaul, but I've ran enough city routes to realize that lh is a cakewalk compared to city. That is where most of the skill is. Yes, lh sucks in the winter, when you feel like the only truck out blazing a trail on an interstate that's probably closed, but city guys deal with a lot more day to day every day.

Ok, city guy's have it hard. Look highspeeds was responding to some discussions we had offline. It's not about us arguing skilled unskilled...it's about managements perception of drivers in general as being unskilled. now we are going to fight with each other over who has it rougher city vs linehaul... you know the true hero's run linehaul just joking. We all do our part. The attitude lately seems to be you drivers are replaceable they just put more and more fos's and driver trainers and safestack trainers out their to keep an eye on us animals and they feel comfortable putting any warm body behind the wheel. everyone made fun of werner and swift drivers... their training is more extensive than conway's. I am also honest enough to admit i don't want any part of that city peddling

Yes you do have a contract. A contract is a legally enforceable agreement between two or more parties with mutual obligations, which may or may not have elements in writing. Contracts can also be formed orally. Try working a 40 hour work week and then not get paid. Tell me if you have any legal recourse.

To answer your question: If I performed a service and my invoice was not paid in full, Con-way has breached the contract (as my rates are part of the contract). I could then decide whether I want to continue doing business with them or not and if the difference in the invoiced amount and the paid amount is worth pursuing other options (small claims court/collection agency). Simple.
When conway hired me they told me what my pay was while I was doing what they asked of me they cut my pay they did not ask if it was alright if I am under a contract as you say that is called a breach of contract. If that were the case than I should be able to get a lawyer and sue for my back pay. Now if I could do that because of this socalled contract you speak of what is the deference in a labor lawyer or a Teamster lawyer

When conway hired me they told me what my pay was while I was doing what they asked of me they cut my pay they did not ask if it was alright if I am under a contract as you say that is called a breach of contract. If that were the case than I should be able to get a lawyer and sue for my back pay.

You certainly could sue IF they cut your pay retroactively. They cut your pay effective MM/DD/YYYY and you chose to punch in that day at that new wage. They didn't break your contract, you chose to work under the new one.

Yet again; I'm not against you or anyone else working under a contract, written or otherwise. It's what is in that contract that's important, you'd think that would go without saying but I guess not.

only semi-skilled huh? like I said before I don't think you have as much knowledge as you claim. You have no idea what it's like trying to peddle freight in the city.

I never claimed how much "knowledge" I have, I have only stated my experience in the industry...which by the way, does include a stint in P&D. So, I do know what it involves.

I don't havr to take direction from folks les competent, (although you hit that one right) I just let them tell me where to go and go there

You do realize when they tell you what to do and then you do it that IS taking direction, right?

The whole mentality of if you don't want to do it for x amount of dollars someone else will is one of the things brought out the unions so many years ago.

I agree.

i think you should earn it , some people wouldnt be happy no matter what, if you can do better the you owe it to yourself to do so missery loves company
who is stopping anybody from bettering yourself, i guess the guard at the gate keeps you from making that happen,

keep on trucking

:15:Thanks for the feed back i appreicat all the good words, we have a good company lets keep promoting what so many have worked so long and hard to make our buisness what other carriers only talk about keep the positive comments coming

the Bag

Stop complaining and get on board and lets solve the problems , since you have all the answeres please share your vast knowledge of operating a large corporation with thousands of associates, step up to the plate and show everybody what kind of a player you are together we can make a differance , will everybody be pleased or will you?>?????? or is that all that you"""" are concerned with i hate to see anybody held back. take a look in the mirror, start with what is in front of you,

:15:Thanks for the feed back i appreicat all the good words, we have a good company lets keep promoting what so many have worked so long and hard to make our buisness what other carriers only talk about keep the positive comments coming

You've made three post here in a row, and we have no idea what your talking about or who your talking to. Your confusing people. lol

Just hit the "reply with quote" button. We want to know what your saying. Sounds interesting..

Im sorry but the other drivers at other carriers dont want what we have