Averitt | DOT Physical

ltl lifer

Sr. Citizen & Gold Member
Credits
I'll just say this....The former DOT physicals that were a quick in and out are not longer that. Yet another mass intrusion into the lives of the "unskilled" driver. Enough is enough already.

Must be a Texas thing, I had mine last week and was in and out in under 45 minutes. Granted I'm not overweight and medicine free.

The fact that the state can reduce your cdl to a driver's license because you don't jump through the dot physical hoop is an infringement on your liberties. In other words, it's bull crap.

I think the anti trucking groups like CRASH and PATT have gotten WAY to much pull in Washington, if they have their way we will all be working 4 hours a day in the truck and 16 a day at the gym (for no pay of course) then those same groups will scream at the top of their lungs when they can't put gas in their BMW's or Mercedes, or buy their beer and snacks because the store shelves are empty.

ONE MORE AND IT"S >>>>>ADIO'S!......No more screwing around with those QUACKS CKV use's!

Must be in reference to the BMI standards for sleep apnea testing. At Southeastern Freight Lines, they have started testing drivers who volunteer to do the sleep study. So far, it's about at least a 95% fail rate. The only problem is, the company conducting the sleep apnea tests is the same company selling the cpap machine. No one in our corporate office seems to find this a little peculiar. Granted, the company (SEFL) is purchasing these machines for the drivers, however, it's a scam for the company doing the sleep studies to make guaranteed money, when they are the ones in control of the test results. If someone is wanting to sell me a product but they first need to test me, to see whether I need that product, I'm pretty sure I know what their test result will be.

Of course it's a SCAM!.....Buy a 125K bedroom truck...toss in a $10 mattress....you have it!.....the day I'm forced to sleep hooked up to a mask and a machine....CU LATER trucking industry!

I talked to a SEFL driver and he mentioned his being "top of the line", sending it's info in via wifi, they adjusting the pressure from their office, but he did say he has to wear it 21 days out of the month, those here at AE said if they miss a day they are suspended until they show 7 straight days of using it. I know some that go home, put it on as they sit in a recliner and watch tv and set an alarm in case they do doze off, then they wake up and go to bed without it, others have family members wear it for them...... but once you are on it, you are stuck and have to use it everyday as long as you are with the job. Who really want's that over their head? Who wants to be told you MUST? Yes it may be better for your health but what if you go home and relax and fall asleep on the couch and forget one night? That just cost you a week's work and don't forget, AE charges the driver $500 for the machine, so yes, they force you to get the study, they push you to use that specific office in ckv (even though they have 9 middle tenn locations) and if you have it you pay $$ for the machine. If you choose to use a different sleep clinic of your own choosing you are suspended from driving until AE get's the test results back. I've watched a few deal with it.

They actually allowed me to get my machine read at one of the offices where I'm from, I been on one for about five years so I didn't have to deal with that ckv crap

I talked to a SEFL driver and he mentioned his being "top of the line", sending it's info in via wifi, they adjusting the pressure from their office, but he did say he has to wear it 21 days out of the month, those here at AE said if they miss a day they are suspended until they show 7 straight days of using it. I know some that go home, put it on as they sit in a recliner and watch tv and set an alarm in case they do doze off, then they wake up and go to bed without it, others have family members wear it for them...... but once you are on it, you are stuck and have to use it everyday as long as you are with the job. Who really want's that over their head? Who wants to be told you MUST? Yes it may be better for your health but what if you go home and relax and fall asleep on the couch and forget one night? That just cost you a week's work and don't forget, AE charges the driver $500 for the machine, so yes, they force you to get the study, they push you to use that specific office in ckv (even though they have 9 middle tenn locations) and if you have it you pay $$ for the machine. If you choose to use a different sleep clinic of your own choosing you are suspended from driving until AE get's the test results back. I've watched a few deal with it.

The Federal Standard is 70% machine usage to pass.

Land Line magazine has an article on this in a recent edition and the writer showed how this is crap. Expensive as it is, getting an attorney involved may be a good idea.