FedEx Freight | Double 48's

mtpockets said:
:BlahBlah: The big house is talking about doing away with the triples and adding double 48's on the Ohio/Indiana Green Stamps!.....Any truth to this?

Do you mean the states or fedex ? What would they gain by pulling double 48s across the turnpikes over triples they would have to get tandem axle tractors and we pull triple for the relay between cgt and pos and nwb so they would then either have to break the 48 footers in tol or get pos and nwb drivers tandem axle tractors they finally are getting triples ironed out and it is running rather smooth so I dont know why they would change. I pull them across ohio and indiana and I was told they are not going to stop pulling them they are actually going to start looking for more volunteers to get qualified. when I was down in indy i was told that triples are here to stay they are also looking at pulling them across the kansas turnpike also just have to get the one lcv trainer in our system free to get the drivers qualified

Man my old 300 horse Volvo has trouble pulling 25 grand... Oh,,, most guys have new trucks with big motors.... Guess I forgot...... grrrrrr

Fish said:
Do you mean the states or fedex ? What would they gain by pulling double 48s across the turnpikes over triples they would have to get tandem axle tractors and we pull triple for the relay between cgt and pos and nwb so they would then either have to break the 48 footers in tol or get pos and nwb drivers tandem axle tractors they finally are getting triples ironed out and it is running rather smooth so I dont know why they would change. I pull them across ohio and indiana and I was told they are not going to stop pulling them they are actually going to start looking for more volunteers to get qualified. when I was down in indy i was told that triples are here to stay they are also looking at pulling them across the kansas turnpike also just have to get the one lcv trainer in our system free to get the drivers qualified
What does the qualification process contain?

You hook another trailer same as you do doubles, then you have to swing a bit wider when you make a turn, you are likely to be affected by everything a little more. Right?

Rattlesnake said:
What does the qualification process contain?

You hook another trailer same as you do doubles, then you have to swing a bit wider when you make a turn, you are likely to be affected by everything a little more. Right?

you are rigth but you know fedex they make you sit through one day of class and practicing in the yard and one day of making a run with the trainer

Fish said:
you are rigth but you know fedex they make you sit through one day of class and practicing in the yard and one day of making a run with the trainer

If i'm not mistaken, this is required by law that took affect around a year ago. If you have pulled triples within 6 months, then you can grandfather in.