FedEx Freight | double dipping

Lmao he doesn't even work here and is on this forum telling me to mind my business lol that's funny as sht. And yes fedex needs drivers to take a stand when management doesn't give a damn. And I'm serious at my terminal they really dont. And I'm not after his job this guy is super hard headed. I didn't tell on him I simply asked a question cuz I was curious. I did however mentioned he was a ish worker.

I didn't compare the two, the hypocrisy lies with you (someone who is no longer employed here) telling someone else (that is employed here) that they should mind their own business (something that you didn't do when you were employed here), that's all...no harm, no foul. :poke:

Perhaps you should've also noticed that I "liked" your post as well.

I agree with your last paragraph.

It would not matter if he works for fly by night trucking. It's not where he works but the act itself. I see you fail to realize it's a character issue.

I don't see how you equate the issue of organizing with trying to get someone fired. Did I ever participate in reprehensible behavior of the such while employed at FedEx? Of course the answer is no. I personally don't appreciate the accusation. Ask Steve S and he will tell you that I strongly condemned such behavior, and continue to do so now. I have no use for low lifes who condone such things.

Last edited:
Lmao he doesn't even work here and is on this forum telling me to mind my business lol that's funny as sht. And yes fedex needs drivers to take a stand when management doesn't give a damn. And I'm serious at my terminal they really dont. And I'm not after his job this guy is super hard headed. I didn't tell on him I simply asked a question cuz I was curious. I did however mentioned he was a ish worker.

You mentioned you didn't personally tell on him. You did however tell us what a terrible worker he was and you didn't wish for him to continue his employment.

It's obvious, even giving you the benefit of the doubt you didn't personally make the accusation, that you are directly involved in the situation.

If you can't handle dissenting opinions on this forum you won't last long around here. If you wish to continue this conversation with me, I'll appreciate you clean up your language and try and present your case in a less juvenile fashion.

It would not matter if he works for fly by night trucking. It's not where he works but the act itself. I see you fail to realize it's a character issue.

I don't see how you equate the issue of organizing with trying to get someone fired. Did I ever participate in reprehensible behavior of the such while employed at FedEx? Of course the answer is no. I personally don't appreciate the accusation. Ask Steve S and he will tell you that I strongly condemned such behavior, and continue to do so now. I have no use for low lifes who condone such things.
Sorry you missed the point...had nothing to do with his character or your organizing.

Gone to enjoy the game. :1036316054:

Sorry you missed the point...had nothing to do with his character or your organizing.

Gone to enjoy the game. :1036316054:

How about we get back on topic and you share your opinion of the original poster, and or his coworker(s) actions attempting to have an employee terminated?

How am I attempting anything by asking a Question? You are getting me not caring if he gets fired confused with me emailing hr. All I did was ask a question that you didn't even answer before you started on your rant there dick.
How about we get back on topic and you share your opinion of the original poster, and or his coworker(s) actions attempting to have an employee terminated?
ques

Most companies it's stealing time. If it's a genuine mistake, he should have advised a supervisor. It's in your HR's hands now, let the chips fall where they will. I'm betting he's not terminated, but will be watched.

Most companies it's stealing time. If it's a genuine mistake, he should have advised a supervisor. It's in your HR's hands now, let the chips fall where they will. I'm betting he's not terminated, but will be watched.

It is definitely stealing time. That said, it's managements job to police the employees. They don't need Barney Fife watching everyone's every move on the dock.

I'd be curious as to how someone is getting their work done if they know this individual did all of these things. For all they know he did fill out a kronos edit sheet. Hopefully he did and they look like a fool.

How am I attempting anything by asking a Question? You are getting me not caring if he gets fired confused with me emailing hr. All I did was ask a question that you didn't even answer before you started on your rant there dick.

When you shared your opinion of the individual, and the fact someone confided in you what they had done, it led me to believe you were complicit in this irreverent behavior.

I stated already how I believe you came on here looking for validation of yours and his actions.

Agreed....and I already have, mine was the first response.

You missed my point now. I'm curious if you are in agreement of employees telling on one another in this fashion. We're in agreement it's stealing time. The OP aside, what's your opinion of this behavior?

Agreed....and I already have, mine was the first response.

I'm guessing by your unwillingness to answer my direct question you're in agreement with employees tattling on one another to management and behaving like children.

Honestly, with all due respect, I can't say I'm surprised.

You shouldn't guess!! :1036316054:

I wasn't trying to pin you down, just enjoying the back and forth. Really I'd be curious to know anyone on here's opinion of that particular subject matter.

I feel like if you see a problem employee it's a catch-22. If you go up to the individual and try to speak to him about it he's prone to running to management and paint it as something it really wasn't, e.g. a confrontation. At the same time, I don't feel like grown men should be telling on each other to management. I guess my best advice would be to let it be.

Don't misunderstand me, nothing makes my skin crawl more than seen a fellow employee destroy Freight. That said, it's not my place to deal with said employee.

So let me get this straight. If a fellow employee is witnessed doing something illegal, I need to take a look at the seniority board before bringing it to someone's attention?

"Is that Bill taking a slug off a fifth of Jack in the parking lot before he clocks in? I should let someone know before he climbs into a truck, but Gee Willikers!, he's got 3 years on me. I better keep my mouth shut and just hope he doesn't slaughter anyone."

You people....smh.

So let me get this straight. If a fellow employee is witnessed doing something illegal, I need to take a look at the seniority board before bringing it to someone's attention?

"Is that Bill taking a slug off a fifth of Jack in the parking lot before he clocks in? I should let someone know before he climbs into a truck, but Gee Willikers!, he's got 3 years on me. I better keep my mouth shut and just hope he doesn't slaughter anyone."

You people....smh.

If that's the conclusion you came to from this thread then you took too many bumps on the head in the ring Ric.

Wooooooo!

If that's the conclusion you came to from this thread then you took too many bumps on the head in the ring Ric.

Wooooooo!
Well first, let me clear up any confusion. I'm not really Ric Flair. I'm just a person that admired his work as a kid. While I wrestled in high school, (2-3) I've never stepped foot in a professional wrestling ring.

I came to this conclusion not only from reading this thread, but also from seeing it first hand when a driver does the right thing and reports an egregious abuse of company policy or dishonest behavior committed by a senor driver. Chit chat in the sewing circle inevitably turns to "he was just trying to climb the latter by getting him in trouble." It's always the driver that reported it that got the other driver in trouble, not the offending drivers actions that got him in trouble.

Do I think someone should snitch everything they witness that might be against policy or might be construed as dishonest? No. But if I see blatant thievery, like what the subject of this thread committed, I'm saying something. I don't care how long they've worked here.

Well first, let me clear up any confusion. I'm not really Ric Flair. I'm just a person that admired his work as a kid. While I wrestled in high school, (2-3) I've never stepped foot in a professional wrestling ring.

You don't say!? All this time I thought you were the Ric Flair.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Do I think someone should snitch everything they witness that might be against policy or might be construed as dishonest? No. But if I see blatant thievery, like what the subject of this thread committed, I'm saying something. I don't care how long they've worked here.

So the subject of the original post, who could've made an honest mistake mind you, is classified as blatant thievery in your book?

You would go running to management and report that, versus saying something to the man? You would get a man fired from his job, his means of providing for his family no less, over what, twenty bucks?

Man, it must get awful lonely up there on that soapbox Ric. Maybe you should reevaluate your priorities. From your post I take it you're a younger man. Maybe you'll grow a little wiser with age.

If you aren't young, I'll assume your just an ass doomed to remain as such throughout the rest of your years. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but to insist on firing someone over what could be an honest mistake is a bit self righteous to me.

I dunno dude, something smells fishy...you claim you have more seniority than him, yet from your own comments months ago here, you claim you just got hired 6 months or so back.

On a side note, I f'n hate snitches. Unless someones life is at stake, I mind my own p's and q's

You don't say!? All this time I thought you were the Ric Flair.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself

So the subject of the original post, who could've made an honest mistake mind you, is classified as blatant thievery in your book?

You would go running to management and report that, versus saying something to the man? You would get a man fired from his job, his means of providing for his family no less, over what, twenty bucks?

Man, it must get awful lonely up there on that soapbox Ric. Maybe you should reevaluate your priorities. From your post I take it you're a younger man. Maybe you'll grow a little wiser with age.

If you aren't young, I'll assume your just an ass doomed to remain as such throughout the rest of your years. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but to insist on firing someone over what could be an honest mistake is a bit self righteous to me.

Well Beverly, if it was an honest mistake, which is completely possible, then it shouldn't be that hard to explain. FedEx isn't going to fire someone on the spot just because someone reports something. They're going to investigate it. If the driver claimed that it was a mistake, then his payroll record would reflect that. There wouldn't be a pattern of double dipping. He'd be told not to do that again and that would be the end of it.

But,

What if that driver had been doing this for weeks, months or even years? What if he'd been getting away with it because no one caught on to it? Would that make it right? At twenty bucks a pop, when does the amount stolen become worthy of the driver being fired? I guess it would depend on his seniority, huh?

Since you want to make assumptions about me, I'll go ahead and do the same for you. I guess I was just raised with a better sense of morals than you were. I was overpaid a little over $400 on a paycheck once. The odds of it being realized by the company were minuscule. It was a handwritten mistake on the calculation of my mileage by the company. A comma was in the wrong place. The first thing I did after I realized what happened was I gave it back. To keep it would have been stealing.

You're probably the type that would watch a guy beat his wife and keep his mouth shut, because it's none of your business.

I pity you. It's sad that your mother and suspected father never instilled a sense of integrity in you. They failed you and in turn, raised a failure.