Double R

That's because you were following me. :LMAO: Besides, I already did my hardest stop on that route earlier, at 4AM. Where were you? Home in bed? LOL I was back at 12:20. And it was nice finally meeting you. Maybe next time we wont have a line waiting behind us and we can BS more.

Was that you waiting for me in Wilkins on Friday? Hope I didn't hold you up for too long!!!

Nope, but he did have my truck. I told him to tell you to get out of his way. LOL. That was one of our road drivers. He runs overflow on fridays. Glad he had my truck because he got the job of having to take it to the shop at the end of his route, LOL. Needs PM'd and a list of stuff fixed. I was back, in the yard, at 11AM. I run the North Hills on fridays.

Nope, but he did have my truck. I told him to tell you to get out of his way. LOL. That was one of our road drivers. He runs overflow on fridays. Glad he had my truck because he got the job of having to take it to the shop at the end of his route, LOL. Needs PM'd and a list of stuff fixed. I was back, in the yard, at 11AM. I run the North Hills on fridays.

1100? Must be nice, on fridays, I get done at noon and wind up working till 18 or 1900 helping, last friday I dragged my feet till 1500 and still didn't clock out till 1930, yep, had to go help another driver, I was the 2nd one done BTW, usually I'm the first, everyone else went home by 1600, happens every friday, be glad your not here RR!

1100? Must be nice, on fridays, I get done at noon and wind up working till 18 or 1900 helping, last friday I dragged my feet till 1500 and still didn't clock out till 1930, yep, had to go help another driver, I was the 2nd one done BTW, usually I'm the first, everyone else went home by 1600, happens every friday, be glad your not here RR!

I start at 230am. Unlike someone, PFlash, who starts at 6 or 630am, lol. Last friday I was back at 2pm.
Tuesday I was back at 230pm. Started at 4am. Wednesday I started at 430am, back at 3pm. Thursday, Started at 330am, back at 430pm. 17 stops, 890 cases, one pick up and 319 miles.

Some weeks I have short days, some weeks long.

Oh and as for helping other drivers, there are a few of us that will and have done it also. My supervisors almost fainted when they found out a few of us have been doing that. They thought we all hated each other, lol

I start at 230am. Unlike someone, PFlash, who starts at 6 or 630am, lol. Last friday I was back at 2pm.
Tuesday I was back at 230pm. Started at 4am. Wednesday I started at 430am, back at 3pm. Thursday, Started at 330am, back at 430pm. 17 stops, 890 cases, one pick up and 319 miles.

Some weeks I have short days, some weeks long.

Oh and as for helping other drivers, there are a few of us that will and have done it also. My supervisors almost fainted when they found out a few of us have been doing that. They thought we all hated each other, lol

I start at 5:30 every day, last week was kind of short for me because I was done by 2:00 every day except Thursday which was 7:00. I run Erie / Warren on Thursdays, minimum 350 miles...ugh. The most stops I've ever had was 11, and I usually get 8 or 9.

RR our supervisor makes us help, he can't do squat without his approval, I have done that and paid the price.

PFlash, thats alot of miles, I have done it and it sure wears on a guy, its kinda neat you all know each other now, I'd have to get a heck of a long run to get to know either one of you all personally..HAHA!!

RR our supervisor makes us help, he can't do squat without his approval, I have done that and paid the price.

PFlash, thats alot of miles, I have done it and it sure wears on a guy, its kinda neat you all know each other now, I'd have to get a heck of a long run to get to know either one of you all personally..HAHA!!

Maybe Sysco will set you up with a 4 day route?!

I start at 5:30 every day, last week was kind of short for me because I was done by 2:00 every day except Thursday which was 7:00. I run Erie / Warren on Thursdays, minimum 350 miles...ugh. The most stops I've ever had was 11, and I usually get 8 or 9.
Where's Erie? My map stops at I80, lol. Ok, 530, lol.

Maybe Sysco will set you up with a 4 day route?!

I'm on a 4 day route, 4 day, 5 day, its all the same, rebids are coming shortly, thinking about shuttle..ugh! I don't wanna work nights but its coming to that, the old body ain't what it used to be, after 2 falls in a few weeks, and 2 weeks off because of it, I'm thinking its time for a change.

Where's Erie? My map stops at I80, lol. Ok, 530, lol.

Think that map can find Johnstown??! That's where I go on Wednesdays...by the way, that was me that sent you the friend request on facebook, in case you were wondering who it was.

I'm on a 4 day route, 4 day, 5 day, its all the same, rebids are coming shortly, thinking about shuttle..ugh! I don't wanna work nights but its coming to that, the old body ain't what it used to be, after 2 falls in a few weeks, and 2 weeks off because of it, I'm thinking its time for a change.

Working nights sucks...I used to have midnight and 1:00am starts (depending on the bid) at my old job and I hated it. I turn 40 this year and I'm hoping my short, fat butt can take another 10 years of this crap. After that I think I'm gonna be a Wal Mart greeter or something!

Think that map can find Johnstown??! That's where I go on Wednesdays...by the way, that was me that sent you the friend request on facebook, in case you were wondering who it was.

My GPS can. My map can also, it only stops at I80 going north. It stops at the NJ/NY border going east, lol. I did Johnstown last June when I ran the route for someone. We do Johnstown on Thursday. I'll do you Johnstown route for you tomorrow if you go to Viola, WV for me tomorrow, LOL. My map and GPS can't find that backwoods town, LOL. Accepted your request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go for the shuttle. You put your years in. Get out of the trailer and into the driver's seat. I've been doing this type of work since I was 23. I'll be 38 in September, don't know how much longer I can last. I have been seriously thinking about transferring to our one flatbed account after my vacation and move in May. No tarps, pre-loaded trailers. Just drive and unstrap.

Go for the shuttle. You put your years in. Get out of the trailer and into the driver's seat. I've been doing this type of work since I was 23. I'll be 38 in September, don't know how much longer I can last. I have been seriously thinking about transferring to our one flatbed account after my vacation and move in May. No tarps, pre-loaded trailers. Just drive and unstrap.

I understand RR, I am 45 in July and I have been at this since 24 yrs of age, I had a 7 yr stint in freight, I know its not the same as what we do now, I had my share of hand freight stuff, naturally I went back to food, now I'm feeling it at this age, I don't want nights, shuttle with sysco out of tulsa goes like this...start at 1730-1830 one trip to norman ok then back, another trip to norman ok them back and done, minimum 12 hrs with wait time, or trip to norman and kick out to enid or ardmore ok, back to norman them trailers to tulsa, either way its 12 hrs, its all by the hr though, as long as they don't cut you a trip or a night I could make some good money, but at what cost to my life with Dianna and Kathrine?

Any advice RR, you know I totally value what you have to say.

I understand RR, I am 45 in July and I have been at this since 24 yrs of age, I had a 7 yr stint in freight, I know its not the same as what we do now, I had my share of hand freight stuff, naturally I went back to food, now I'm feeling it at this age, I don't want nights, shuttle with sysco out of tulsa goes like this...start at 1730-1830 one trip to norman ok then back, another trip to norman ok them back and done, minimum 12 hrs with wait time, or trip to norman and kick out to enid or ardmore ok, back to norman them trailers to tulsa, either way its 12 hrs, its all by the hr though, as long as they don't cut you a trip or a night I could make some good money, but at what cost to my life with Dianna and Kathrine?

Talk to ladies about it. Figure out how much real hometime, other then weekends, will you have with them. If you all can make it work, take it. If not, try to bid on a route that works for you.

My GPS can. My map can also, it only stops at I80 going north. It stops at the NJ/NY border going east, lol. I did Johnstown last June when I ran the route for someone. We do Johnstown on Thursday. I'll do you Johnstown route for you tomorrow if you go to Viola, WV for me tomorrow, LOL. My map and GPS can't find that backwoods town, LOL. Accepted your request.

Viola?! Ask them if they still hold the "mud bog" down there...

I'm not RR (lol), but I'll throw my 2 cents in here - even though its probably only worth a penny! The first thing you need to evaluate is when you will sleep. Obviously, you have a couple of important people in your life that you enjoy spending time with. What are their schedules like? If they function mainly during the daylight hours, when will you see them and get proper rest? If you start at 17:30-18:30 and those ladies are just coming home around that time you won't see them at all, unless you can grab an hour or 2 of family time before they start their days. Are you one to grab a shower and go straight to bed when you get home, or do you need to unwind a bit? Will time with the ladies compromise your rest? The worst thing in the world is to be at home sleeping in the daylight while your family is there enjoying themselves - I could never sleep properly knowing that they were out enjoying a sunny day while I slept. Of course, then you pay for not resting all night long... on the flip side, can you physically keep up the pace of running a route??? Tough decision, for sure. RR gave some good advice - talk to those people that mean the most. I'm sure that decision will come easily after everyone knows the details. Good luck.