Downward spiral continues

Jockey

TB Lurker
Credits
Union discussion may become moot, if things don't change soon.Local drivers sitting 2-4 hrs a day waiting for loads...hand held device still a disaster after 2 yrs,countless man hrs wasted everyday because of it..... invisible man says in newsletter drivers at frontline for customer service, think most of us already know that, except for the inexperienced lower paid drivers being hired...fun fact for the Roadway genius, talked to customer this week who said he gave NCT 850,000 dollars of business in 2013 and didn't even get an Xmas card...guess it got lost in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jockey,On 2/7/14 I started at 06:30 for a pre-hook and pulled out at 11:55 am (5 1/2 hrs.),2/10 started at 08:00 had to wait until 10:30 for a MT ...

That's definitely not an efficient way to run a specialized trucking company. I heard these delays have been going on for quite some time. Also heard they are short handed on the dock. You would think they would hire some men to take the pressure off. Time will tell how many customers they've lost due to poor service.

That's definitely not an efficient way to run a specialized trucking company. I heard these delays have been going on for quite some time. Also heard they are short handed on the dock. You would think they would hire some men to take the pressure off. Time will tell how many customers they've lost due to poor service.
They have been bringing in temps...not a real good solution to a bigger problem.

temps really don't understand the way NCT loads not only their LTL but road loads. Seems to me they're biting off their nose to spite their face.....typical unorganized non-union fashion. That should get Darksky all worked up.....yeah yeah I know stupid..... you own me......see me in the funny papers...... same old stuff

New sales pitch by NCT...No CDL? We'll train you to get one...then send out company wide message that NCT on watch list..roadside inspection have been made mandatory...dock workers told if anyone quits you won't be replaced, using temps instead...over 100 reappointments a day.can't even get to other frt on dock or in yard....large number of guarantees blown....total incompetence or genius? only leaves you with two possibilities...reducing bottom line as far as possible so NCT can be sold or deliberate attempt to bankrupt company so they won't have to pay back 100's of millions of dollars owed on loans.....either way a win-win for Jefferies..but don't want anyone to worry about the two Roadway hero's..pretty sure they have golden parachutes to ease their pain