Dpi failing Starbucks miserably.

Discussion in 'Saia' started by badnews12, Mar 3, 2016.

1. badnews12

badnews12 New Member

So Starbucks dumped us for a company called DPI. There is nothing better walking into a store hearing some of the stories they are told why their shipments are late. Today was the best "dpi uses 3 drivers to make our delivery." This really makes my day when a company like Starbucks has to count on us "old dirty truck drivers" to get what they need.

2. gearraker

gearraker Active Member

Starbucks did not dump us...we raised there rates in certain markets..due to the fact that some of are lanes are out of balance

3. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

Nobody in their right mind misses those garbage deliveries...

Rollcoal likes this.
  4. badnews12

badnews12 New Member

Our dispatcher said we are delivering these on Saturday and Sunday starting week of the 13th. I sure hope this isn't true!

5. gearraker

gearraker Active Member

Ive had a few estes drivers tell me they were going to start doing it again

6. Rollcoal

Rollcoal Banned

I constantly hear of tm's changing delivery times on these stops just to make pick ups. Nothing new har it's all about the moment!

7. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

I remember them :shit: deliveries when I worked p and d for Saia.Very time consuming stops.Break heavy skid down on rear of trailer,make stacks on ground,wheel that crap in the backroom(size of a broom closet),and hope to not get run over by their customers "jones-ing" for a latte.Don't know what those deliveries pay,but it cant be enough.

Rollcoal likes this.
  8. Rollcoal

Rollcoal Banned

Yep crap delivery! I try staying as far away from that crap as possible! I see much of that stuff come in smashed and leaking everywhere! I fake a bad back and go home before I will do that work!

9. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

So you would lie about a medical condition, and when you get called on it they are singling you out because of your race?

a9faninnc likes this.
  10. Rollcoal

Rollcoal Banned

See the string of bull I'm leading you on Joe? That's how it is everyday at my yard! Enjoy!

11. Rollcoal

Rollcoal Banned

See it's OK for them to scam the AS400! Days I haven't delivered till after 5 and they tell me to call in don't enter it! Seems legit don't it?

12. joes bar and grill

No, what I see is a little baby whining because he can't get his way , and then telling a lie about being sick. But that's just me.

13. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

Lighten up Joe, let's go down to Starbucks for a cup Joe. No caffeine for you old timer.

joes bar and grill likes this.
  14. Rollcoal

Rollcoal Banned

So you think unethical behavior is appropriate?

15. joes bar and grill

Evidently you do, how ethical is it to lie about a medical condition because you don't like the work assignment?

16. Rollcoal

Rollcoal Banned

You don't seem to pick up what I'm putting down either! Brain block,?

17. runawaytrain

I will do those stops, I just take my time. And if they are leaking I really slow down. Don't want to slip and fall. And if those stops cause me to bring other deliveries back then so be it. You can only do so much in a day and safety always come first with me. They are better served putting those on lift gate pups or the bobtail. I just do what I'm told and let the chips fall where they may.

18. joes bar and grill

No, that's where you're wrong ,I know exactly what you're "putting down" it has the same aroma as :horseshit:

19. bigbuck

bigbuck Active Member

I was reprimanded for doing this very same thing. Had the TM call me (on my personal phone) telling me to hustle up, and there were pickups to be made. I ended up finishing the Starbucks deliveries, brought back 2 other deliveries (that weren't due till next day) and didn't make the pickups. TM was furious! I argued that I thought the Starbucks were first priority, and I treated them as such. I was essentially told to get it all done from now on. Then I said I felt that doing so would sacrifice safety. TM said to quit crying and go to work! Real professional.

Rollcoal likes this.
  20. runawaytrain

That wouldn't go over very well with me. My TM isn't that way but if he was it wouldn't be pretty. I never sacrifice safety and I would have told him to better manage his hours. That's on him not me. If he wanted to fire me for performance issues then take it to HR and get it done. He can't fire anyone. I won't be bullied.