Dramatic Semi Crash Caught On Tape

Wow. Thanks for the share. Can't tell if they car that pushed him over the barrier was trying to change lanes or what!

I bet that Pepsi driver is thankful for the traffic cam showing he was minding his own business when that dizzy 4 wheeler took him out.
We have this crash posted here in this forum,but just seeing the semi laying on it's side it is hard to know who was at fault.
Where this video shows the entire picture.

Thanks for your post Jeff,good find.

I posted the breaking news video May 26th and the crash video on the 28th. Looks like the 4 wheeler hit Pepsi truck once, bounced off and went back for a second helping. Looks like something you would see at Daytona! Good thing traffic was not to heavy at the time or it could have been a lot worse.

Thats a big 10-4 drivers this crash can not be anymore clearer with the 4 wheeler seen at fault.
Especially when you see the whole crash unfolding before your eyes in the traffic cam video.

Crazy how easily the truck road up the barrier wall. Just caught it and jumped up on it. These walls work good for cars but not for any vehicle with large tires.

What does seem a little odd is that the driver of the truck didn't brake. The car hit him first on the side, he swerves a little but doesn't brake. Then hits him again in the right front. But still no brake.
Everyone here can see the crash was the fault of the car but I do agree with Oldtimer. A firm hand on the wheel and some heavy braking might have kept the truck from going over the wall.
I do hope everyone is ok.

The news here made it seem like it was the trucks fault in every story.
They never mentioned the car hit the semi, just that the car cut off the semi causing him to veer into the wall. was a little frusterating listening to and they never showed the whole video on the news. You had to go to the website to see the beginning parts that show the car was at fault.
But as was already said, it's always the semis fault.

[quote author=Jinx40 link=topic=80619.msg834745#msg834745 date=1275512694]
Crazy how easily the truck road up the barrier wall. Just caught it and jumped up on it. These walls work good for cars but not for any vehicle with large tires.

What does seem a little odd is that the driver of the truck didn't brake. The car hit him first on the side, he swerves a little but doesn't brake. Then hits him again in the right front. But still no brake.
Everyone here can see the crash was the fault of the car but I do agree with Oldtimer. A firm hand on the wheel and some heavy braking might have kept the truck from going over the wall.
I do hope everyone is ok.
[/quote]

Swerving and braking at the same time isn't that great of an idea either, harder to control. Also, I think the fact the the trailer was unladen helped it get up the center wall. I've see plenty of trucks hit the wall on the PA turnpike, they usually hit it, break it and bounce back the other way.