Draw Your Own Conclusions

Having a comforting thing like a job swept from underneath you is always a little overwhelming, if not scary. You just have to get through it. I believe I have my options pretty much set but it doesn't mean I'll be able to find another job with the snap of a finger....it's going to be a rough road ahead.

Dont worry about it...as they say, you were looking for a job when you found this one. If we all stick together it will not last long. Just long enough to prove a point. We are not going to sit here and take it up the pooper while the two dicktaters.......i mean dictators expand at such a rediculous rate while proclaiming they are operating at a 99.99% Oh their numbers people can just pound sand. As they said "Liars figure and figures lie" 30% of what we are told is true 70% is untrue and 100% of that is what i just pulled out of my butt...look I can crunch numbers like management too. Dont worry, we all will be fine...Drivers, Office, Dock Worker, etc. etc. If you do a good job and are proud of the work you do and know its quality they should beg for you to come back, if not, someone else will be glad to have you on their TEAM.

The meeting in Portland showed that the dock workers are so afaid of losing any job that they will vote in anything just to keep working. It scares the hell out of me!!!!!!

Ummm... what meeting were you at? The only thing I can remember being brought up was by a city driver who said some of the newer casual dock workers were being threatened by management with a permanent loss of their jobs if we went out on strike.

I can assure you and anyone else out there including management that our dock men in Portland are tight. You are always going to have a few in any group that are nervous or shaky, but the large majority is strong...

I ain't worried about finding another job. Good, experienced drivers with clean driving records are still a valuable commodity, even in down economic times.

I can far more easily find another job than The VP family can start another trucking company, not in this current business climate, and certainly not in this industry, where volumes are low and competition is tight.

If they want a fight... by God, we'll give 'em a fight. The fight of their lives, I'll warrant...:1036316054:
you go tough, see as a casual at roadway.

Mmmm. Me no understand you point. You no make sense. Me fling poop at you. Me laugh at poop on you. Ha ha.

Me no be casual at Roadway. Me try out for dock supervisor job at you company. Me overqualified, though.

Now that I've tried conversing with you on your level, any other brilliant points you'd like to try and make?:biglaugh:

Check this out-Craigs List Spokane Northern Idaho?
email this posting to a friend spokane craigslist > transport jobs
please flag with care:

miscategorized

prohibited

spam/overpost

best of craigslist
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
Drivers...CDL/A Travel Crew $1,500 per week (Pacific Northwest)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-05-12, 3:59PM PDT

$1,500 per week with overtime included. Immediate openings. Must be available within 14 days.

Travel Crew for Temp to Perm Project Work. Should lead to full-time position.
All expenses paid...air fare, hotel, $35.00 per diem.

LTL local drivers and Line Drivers needed.

Doubles and Triples a plus, but not required.

Must be at least 21 years old. Minimum of 1 year experience as driver of Commericial Motor Vehicles. Must have valid CDL license. No suspension or revocation in the last 3 years. No Citation in last 3 yrs. for DUI, open container, Hit and Run, Reckless Driving, and Fleeing an officer.

No record of involvement in more than 2 at-fault accidents in last 3 years.

Submit resume and experience and an application will be emailed or forwarded to you. Please include your email and phone number.

Great benefits company paid.

Please email resume: [email protected]
Please fax : (800) 708-3028

Compensation: $1,500 per week with overtime included
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 678122161

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2008 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Still Another

Here is more Must be getting desprate as the wage has gone up. (in some cases)
Class a drivers. $2,000 per week with overtime.

Get app at: Search Results for " ptsdrivers.com "

Travel job, temp to perm.

Must be available within 14 days of May 20

Compensation: $2,000 per week
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 679569

THIS ONE IS IN LITTLE ROCK

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-05-11, 1:10PM CDT

$1,500 per week with overtime included. Immediate openings. Must be available within 14 days.

Travel Crew for Temp to Perm Project Work. Should lead to full-time position.
All expenses paid...air fare, hotel, $35.00 per diem.

LTL local drivers and Line Drivers needed.

Doubles and Triples a plus, but not required.

Must be at least 21 years old. Minimum of 1 year experience as driver of Commericial Motor Vehicles. Must have valid CDL license. No suspension or revocation in the last 3 years. No Citation in last 3 yrs. for DUI, open container, Hit and Run, Reckless Driving, and Fleeing an officer.

No record of involvement in more than 2 at-fault accidents in last 3 years.

Submit resume and experience and an application will be emailed or forwarded to you. Please include your email and phone number.

Great benefits company paid.

Please email resume: [email protected]
Please fax : (800) 708-3028

Compensation: $1,500 per week including overtime
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.

MORE JUST THE LINKS AS THE ADDS ARE ABOUT THE SAME
Drivers...Travel Crew...$1,500 per week
Travel Project CDL A Drivers $1,500 per week
Travel Driver Project...$1,500 per week

Paranoid *****es

I been watchin your threads for a couple of months. Why is everything related to your donkey-//// little freight company? Jesus, get your balls out of your old Ladies purse and either strike em or shut the hell up. With everyother house in Portland and Seattle going back to the bank...real smart time to act tough sissys, just please give it a rest.

FO

I been watchin your threads for a couple of months. SNIP

Personally I would like to strike them. I feel that they are not bargaining in good faith among other things.

Funny that Portland housing is holding up better than nearly all of the rest of the country.

Now clean up the language, go back to your beloved lurking mode, and go post your comments where they are welcome if you can find such a place. If you don't like what is posted in a company specific forum stay out of it.

Welcome to the boards Califteamster1. Please take time to review our posting rules. They discuss things such as flaming and cussing.

Sorry Waggs

Will watch the mouth and cusing.

It's just super funny to hear boys talk like tough guys when their little old outfit (oak harbor) is layin teamsters off.

98% of board folks lurk and don't comment, laid off mooch drivers are the addicted posters in this life. Get out of mom's basement and try gettin a job, cause you can't be pushin a rig if your typin away, big talker.

I hope the rest of them boys that still got jobs up there are smarter than "Postetta" the little gal!

I been watchin your threads for a couple of months. Why is everything related to your donkey-//// little freight company? Jesus, get your balls out of your old Ladies purse and either strike em or shut the hell up. With everyother house in Portland and Seattle going back to the bank...real smart time to act tough sissys, just please give it a rest.

You should probably direct that towards the Intl., the Teamster locals all have approved strike votes from their members. They make the call the members have already spoken. There is never a good time to strike, but the owners of this company are forcing it.

Maybe everything seems related to this little freight company because you are reading forms under the Subject line "Oak Harbor Freight Lines" ?

They are hiring at almost all the Teamster barns, Oak Harbor Freight Lines, Inc. under "employment" whats it to you anyway?

I honestly don't know much about Oak Harbor. What I do know is I'm not working because the NMFA was ratified by 2/3's of the votes. Had my brothers held the line, I wouldn't be in a position where I may be forced to move a thousand miles away, at my own expense, to keep my job. Now, I sit home, while trucks carrying some of the freight I used to move, go by under a different non union, YRC logo.

Solidarity and Unity are the core of Brotherhood. Don't sell out your brothers because you think it will save your own job. Do that and next time they'll be coming for you.

Is the IBT selling out the Oak Harber employees? The company was to hae their final offer by 9 pm tonight. And the people should have been made aware of what that is. The latest I heard is now we are waiting until June 1. FOR WHAT? Do we have a final offer or not? Or is this contract going to drag out like the last one where everyone looses 8 months worth of raises that look good on paper?

:smilie_132:I saw the last contract it kept M.O.B in full and unchangeable(FACT) It kept sick leave and added to it(FACT) It gave dock workers the same pay increase as the drivers, first time ever (FACT)It had no give backs what so ever first time ever(FACT) Largest pay increase ever(FACT). It is my understanding the I.B.T now and has been the negotiating body for this agreement not the signatory locals although a woppping 2 or three reps are in the closed meetings. I dont think the I.B.T is selling out anyone, just sorting out the mess the local reps may have made of the current negotiations. Oh I forgot I spoke to some of the reps from the last negotations and they say the current negotiations are going on longer than the last ones did with much less movement so dont be so critical of the last talks as they produced a superior agreement with no give backs it could be that the I.B.T will follow suit or decide its time to show some intestinal fortitude. BTW I was informed it was never presented as a Final offer just the companies best offer, well the lawyers probably got a stack of so called best offers in the trunk of some negotiators car:smilie_132: Oh did I mention the members with 10 years got ther second personal holiday back? wel lets just get ready to support the members who are ready to do what ever it takes to keep the Standard of liveing up for the freight industry!!:funky:

Is the IBT selling out the Oak Harber employees? The company was to hae their final offer by 9 pm tonight. And the people should have been made aware of what that is. The latest I heard is now we are waiting until June 1. FOR WHAT? Do we have a final offer or not? Or is this contract going to drag out like the last one where everyone looses 8 months worth of raises that look good on paper?

No, the Intl. is not selling out the Oak Harbor, the company is the problem here. I would guess if they were going to strike they would not want to indicate it to anyone until it was time to walk out. I swear they only signed that last contract so they could be better prepared for a labor action, time to build things like fences and retain a staffing service. They insisted on a two year agreement if I am not mistaken.

"...I been watchin your threads for a couple of months. Why is everything related to your donkey-//// little freight company? Jesus, get your balls out of your old Ladies purse and either strike em or shut the hell up. With everyother house in Portland and Seattle going back to the bank...real smart time to act tough sissys, just please give it a rest..."

Hmmm... we are in the Oak Harbor Freight Lines Forum, talking about a major issue with Oak Harbor Freight Lines (a labor dispute and potential strike are no small matter) with fellow Oak Harbor members.

What exactly is your gripe?

The reason we are talking about this up here like we have been is to combat and counter the company's propaganda (which you would have seen if you were an Oak Harbor member, which you are clearly not) and to discuss it amongst ourselves. Oak Harbor employees, I mean.

Oak Harbor is no YRC or even ABF, but we are not exactly small potatoes either, and the way this company is expanding their non-union presence into California and Nevada and beyond, I would think a "California Teamster" would be supportive of his brothers and sisters fighting the good fight, especially if it resulted in some of these non-union barns going union.

But apparently some of us have little attitude problems and forget the oaths they took as Teamsters, and so feel free to come into a forum such as this and make snitty little comments trying to stir up the flames.

If you don't like what you are reading, I suggest you take a swallow of Pepto-Bismol and stop lurking in this forum...