ODFL | Dressing up OD trucks..

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
What's the farthest you've seen a OD driver go to make their assigned rig stand out from others? There's a city man at another terminal who has an 05 Columbia with tanks polished along with cap/lug covers to go with it. Even though the wash crew only comes by once every other week, he washes the darn thing whenever a speck of dust lands on it. Heard all kinds of stories out East if a guy were to put chrome on his truck the boys in MRT would rip it off whenever it went through the shop.

I'm driving an O7 now.. though it's not a fancy Kenworth, I think the Columbias are good looking little trucks for the type of work we do.

If you don't have an assingned Truck, it's bad.
On our terminal i see it every night.
If you cleen out a truck and try to kepp it clean, so for shure sombody else comes in erlier just to grab that truck.
I am with OD for one Year now, and in this time i cleaned out about 12 to 15 Trucks. I mean CLEANED. Started from the walls, dashboard,seats and roofs. windows and then outside. I removed bags full of trash from the floor and the sidepoches. Ihad to use pretty strong cleanser to remove the stains from spills ALL OVER THE CAB. I gave it up
Meanwhile I just carry with me a bottle of Lysol. I spray and then I'm ready to go. I think OD is a verry good Company to work for and OD has a good Name out in the Industry.
But if a customer sees sombody driving like a maniac down the Interstate with a truck where the dashboard is full of trash and papers, or you are with a customer on the Dock and he sees inside your Cab all the burgers, fries, bottles, cans and other all over the floor, He may thinks "How they treat their Equipment thats how they treat my Freight"
Think about it!!!

theres a guy out of odo stays out for months at a time has a 2006 columbia seen it in den he has tanks polished crome lug covers carpeted steps and catwalk chains sepearated cleaned and bungied together yeah it looks nice but what a waist of time

The ops mgn has told me to clean my cab out. I always p/u the trash, sweep it out and limit the amount of items that others might find value in by carrying off. Anyway I went ahead and cleaned the dash and washed the floorboard. Hey I just work here, get paid by the mile so I cleaned it for free, paid for the windex and armourall. I do appreciate them allowing me to drive the same truck daily.

The ops mgn has told me to clean my cab out. I always p/u the trash, sweep it out and limit the amount of items that others might find value in by carrying off. Anyway I went ahead and cleaned the dash and washed the floorboard. Hey I just work here, get paid by the mile so I cleaned it for free, paid for the windex and armourall. I do appreciate them allowing me to drive the same truck daily.

Lucky Man. I get a truck for about 3-4 days, and then he's gone.

hillbilly, if he stays out for that long what do you think he does during is 34 reset.

i call it having pride and respect for your job and equipment.

i'm lucky enough to drive the same truck most nights except for occasional service swaps, and keep my trucks interior as spotless as i can, doesn't take much time, while fueling, pretrip, or just a minute here and there.

i dread having to drive someone elses truck, if i do the bottle of wipes goes to just to wipe off the steering wheel and guage glass so i can see them.

my truck gets swept or vacuumed everyday, it would be nice if the person using it also with their dirty feet would take 30 seconds and use the broom sitting between the seat and door.

have some pride and respect for other people.
thanx

I think that OD benefits by allowing designated tractors at terminals where it is possible. I keep track of maintenance most often getting problems fixed before it requires a emergency mobile road repair. Nothing is broken in the cab and if anything breaks inside or out I suggest it gets repaired. And they have. I maximize the wear of tires and notify them when they need replacement, not before. When others drive the tractor which is often I claim no ownership rights they most often do not clean out all their trash, check the oil refuel it unless they have to. ( though quiet a few do ) point is if it is not their designated tractor many seem to not care about it.

hillbilly, if he stays out for that long what do you think he does during is 34 reset.

i call it having pride and respect for your job and equipment.

i'm lucky enough to drive the same truck most nights except for occasional service swaps, and keep my trucks interior as spotless as i can, doesn't take much time, while fueling, pretrip, or just a minute here and there.

i dread having to drive someone elses truck, if i do the bottle of wipes goes to just to wipe off the steering wheel and guage glass so i can see them.

my truck gets swept or vacuumed everyday, it would be nice if the person using it also with their dirty feet would take 30 seconds and use the broom sitting between the seat and door.

have some pride and respect for other people.
thanx

why waist money on most of the stuff because if you go thru certain shops they make you take it off and trash it they won't let you leave with your own stuff because they know you will put it back on ive seen mrt take carpet off steps and there crome lug nuts and trash it will driver was getting disp. they just said it was contraband and driver had no rights to it

You really cannot expect a city driver to keep a truck squeaky clean. I do enough of it to know you deliver to such places as dirt construction sites, asphalt plants anyway pretty dirty places. I have unloaded off of a temporary dock built as I waited by a front end loader and a bobcat. Took em about 7 minutes. The guy than switched the bobcat over to a forklift and drove in the trailer unloading 4000 lb skids with the bobcat. He knew what he was doing. It was real interesting to see him drag those skids off that trailer and hit that dirt ramp. You still get dirty and drag it into the truck. Rainy and snowy days are a problem for a road driver much less a city driver getting in and out all day. Try to keep a cab clean on those days and get anything done. Haaa Haaa. Your wasting your time if you want to keep a OD truck shiny squeaky clean there work trucks just don't break anything and keep them swept.

Deluxe? Wow now there is an understatement,all you have to do is look at that thing and whamo you got grease all over ya and in the truck ahhhhh what a nightmare!

I always thought it was like that to keep the drivers from using it.

what is this truck washed every week thing? in COH i think they spray them down month, and then they dont rinse the soap off them. the only time the cab gets cleaned is if i do it and thats not very often because i drive a different trk everyday