Drew Bress May Not Sign The Franchise Tender..May Sit..

NFL.com news: Report: Saints offered Brees NFL's richest deal; QB declined

I think the Saints want to pay most of the money on the tail end of the contract,while Brees and agent want most of the money on the front end.I think the tag was used to keep him out of free agency,and will sign a contract before the season starts.They better get it done,without him,they are just another mediocre team in the league..Like a number of teams in the NFL.(Just look at the Colts last year)

NFL.com news: Report: Saints offered Brees NFL's richest deal; QB declined

I think the Saints want to pay most of the money on the tail end of the contract,while Brees and agent want most of the money on the front end.I think the tag was used to keep him out of free agency,and will sign a contract before the season starts.They better get it done,without him,they are just another mediocre team in the league..Like a number of teams in the NFL.(Just look at the Colts last year)

I agree...But that's speculation on "where" they want to pay him the big bucks,but it makes good business sense...You're right, they'll sign him before training camp....I've said this from the beginning...They kinda hurt his feelings a little when things didn't work out before the Franchise Date....Understandable...But, like he said during the CBA,"This is a business and we all understand that"....

What is the franchise tag? I never understood it.

You're labeled a Franchise player, in other words they out the Primo Hat on ya..You can't declare free-agency and sign with another team..Kinda gives the owner time to negotiate your contract..But, if you refuse to sign the Franchise tag, then you can sit out until the contract is reached...But, you will only get the amount for that position until you are re-upped...

Don't blame hmm I would not play either intolerance long term deal got done. They do have twice a quality backup as what the colts had.

For the franchise tag, the top 5 paid at the position gets averaged out. That is what Brees would make. The average salary of the top 5 QB's. For 1 season. I'd take it, where do I sign?

I don't blame any of them. Take the bank, people are keep paying 400 a ticket to the game and 2900 for the directrv ticket.
The $400.00 per ticket issue is one that is always overlooked. I have a family that loves the game of football, and I'd like to be able to afford to take them to a pro game, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of cash to do it. But, I know, that's my problem......not the players problem. I don't blame them for trying to capitalize on it while they can........but damn, where does it end?

Northern Flash said:
The $400.00 per ticket issue is one that is always overlooked. I have a family that loves the game of football, and I'd like to be able to afford to take them to a pro game, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of cash to do it. But, I know, that's my problem......not the players problem. I don't blame them for trying to capitalize on it while they can........but damn, where does it end?

Went to one NFL game and will never forget two things. How expensive everything was and how much better it is on tv.

The FCI for each team consists of 4 tickets,beer,snacks parking,souvenirs,etc.A little over 300 bucks for my team,which seems reasonable.

Hey...That's Capitalism...You friggin' Liberal...

The FCI for each team consists of 4 tickets,beer,snacks parking,souvenirs,etc.A little over 300 bucks for my team,which seems reasonable.

FCI stands for....?

I just can't see someone making it off 300 unless your tickets are for the standing section only, one person has one beer, you park 3 miles away from park and ride the train to the station and your souvenirs is a bumper sticker or the cup your soda came in. Maybe though, I don't know.

Wife and I went to see an Eagles game this season. Had tickets in the corner of the end zone. Great view. Paid $130 a piece, tickets were donated to a woman with cancer. All the money went to her. It's the only way I will pay inflated prices to see a game.

Wife and I went to see an Eagles game this season. Had tickets in the corner of the end zone. Great view. Paid $130 a piece, tickets were donated to a woman with cancer. All the money went to her. It's the only way I will pay inflated prices to see a game.

Seen the Braves and Mets for a Spring training game this year and it was $15 dollars for the lawn section, not bad. two days later they played the Yankees and it was $26 dollars for standing room only. Again spring training where most the stars don't play and the ones that do its for an inning or two. A beer was 7 dollars but was 3.50 for refills. A lady from NY who was there said at Yankee stadium its 7 every time.... not sure if that was Disney helping out or not. I know they throw a boat load of money into everything there for the Braves and fans.

You figure someone with young children paying out that money and more then likely those kids are leaving the game half way though.

I will give most the players credit that they did sign a ton of autographs. Some more then others but they really did a good job there overall.Also, to Disney for providing free parking and allowing people to come in 3 hours before the game. That being said, it may be different at other parks.

Last edited by a moderator:
FCI=Fan Cost Index.If you scroll down after the chart,it explains what all the FCI consist of.This was 2009 and im sure its changed somewhat.I was also surprised at how low it was considering what it included..

Seen the Braves and Mets for a Spring training game this year and it was $15 dollars for the lawn section, not bad. two days later they played the Yankees and it was $26 dollars for standing room only. Again spring training where most the stars don't play and the ones that do its for an inning or two. A beer was 7 dollars.

You figure someone with young children paying out that money and more then likely those kids are leaving the game half way though.

I will give most the players credit that they did sign a ton of autographs. Some more then others but they really did a good job there overall.

My Mother in Law is a big Yankees fan (I wanna puke) She is 78 and has never seen the Yankees in person. I am taking her to Baltimore to see a game this September. Tickets are $52 a piece. Jacked up prices for certain "big name" teams. I feel better about it seeing what ST games charge. BTW their beer was only $6.75 last seaon. Only. Ticket price is from buying from the Orioles, not Stub Hub or some ripoff like that.