Drive Cam (avoiding an unavoidable)

I think it is a great job, after you become skilled at it and become comfortable with it. Most terminals you are gone one night at a time but hardly ever gone more than two nights at a time. I try to run 2-3 layovers a week. I wish I would have taken this job 12 years ago when I picked UPS instead of carhaul, as they both were offered to me at the same time. You live and you learn, and I am learning something new every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
My worry is trying to figure out the best way to load and weight configuration. I know they pay good. I looked up the master car haul contract.

My worry is trying to figure out the best way to load and weight configuration. I know they pay good. I looked up the master car haul contract.

They teach you how to load and "generally" won't give you a load you can't haul. Depending on the location, 2 weeks classroom and yard training loading and unloading, and 2 weeks with an experienced carhauler. They won't let you out on your own until you are ready. When I have back hauled loads I wasnt sure about, the drivers loading there were always helpful. I take pictures of my difficult loads, then study them later on my iPad to see if I could have loaded it different or better. PM me if you have any questions.