Holland | Drive for success saves jobs

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Drive for success saves jobs
[SIZE=-1]Albany Times Union - Albany,NY,USA
BETHLEHEM -- The 40 employees at the USF Holland trucking terminal in Bethlehem got a nice surprise last month: six months after it appeared the terminal would ...[/SIZE]

Wow Jeff, great find. Albany guys and gals here's a big PAT ON THE BACK from Grizz. Just keep sending those pool supplies down south . I del some nearly every day. We all at Hmes should all follow your lead to secure more dedicated customers. Grizz

What a great article!!! I think that the IBT should run with this bigtime. After all didn't Tyson Johnson promise nationwide repercussions if Holland shut down the terminal ? I'm no friend of Hoffa & co but I'll give them a lot of credit for this one.

" In spite of a loss of salespeople and managers that jumped ship " Great job guys, it must have taken a lot of hard work and great personal effort to keep the customers shipping Holland after the closing was announced by Yellow.

I'm sure that it was the loyalty customers had to the Red Star drivers that kept them shipping. Having worked for Frank D , I doubt that he had anything to do with the terminals success. He was probably just sent up there for security purposes. He was just a puppet when he was the Newark TM for Red Star, no guts , a real team player.and yes man.

Way to go Teamsters !!!

Yes they are all open and doing well. We had lengthy discussions in the past about these terminals. This was on the old forum, but I stated several times that these 4 tm's needed more time. It wasn't 6 month's in and they were given up on. GRIZZ

I always said the drivers kept Red Star going just proves to Holland that if they hired the Red Star employees they would prosper

The local 294 Kevin H IS THE one that should get the credit for sticking by the redstar guys from may 22 till today remember its not over till its over