R&L | Drive Test?

D

deliverfast

At my barn they just hired a couple of people to drive for us. Thing is they never took a drive test before they were hired. Is this the norm? Because, I wasn't hired by the same T/M. Makes me wonder..... Is it that hard nowadays to find drivers or is this new policy?:hide:

Well I see some new drivers come in and stay a few days to a few weeks and there gone....I think there must be something in the water? My barn has a high 95% plus turn over, can't seem to get anyone to stay here. Could it be since there is no orentation/tranning for this company. They usually find out about things after they do it wrong. When they need a pallet jack or hand truck and there all locked up and ask why, they usually flip when they find out there not free...
So Now they over hire to see who will stay or go. Now we have more drivers then we do trucks. So it will be interesting to see who gets to work and who gets to stay home. Never seen a company this dysfunctional in my driving career. The really sad thing about this company is all the lieing that goes on from top to bottom the lies are countless. Patronization seems to be the norm, tell'm what they want to hear, then screw'm.
So I guess when they know the turn over rate is so high they just forge a few documents to get a few people on board then roll the dice.. Now wait to see how many wrecked trucks they get be for someone figures it out.
:TR10driving03:

Now we have more drivers then we do trucks. So it will be interesting to see who gets to work and who gets to stay home.
Take the plate off and take it home with you so you have something to drive the next day!!!!!!!!! They do road test when they have time... Most new city guys go out with a driver on their first day.... L/H they just tell them what truck to drive,no training.....

Well I see some new drivers come in and stay a few days to a few weeks and there gone....I think there must be something in the water? My barn has a high 95% plus turn over, can't seem to get anyone to stay here. Could it be since there is no orentation/tranning for this company. They usually find out about things after they do it wrong. When they need a pallet jack or hand truck and there all locked up and ask why, they usually flip when they find out there not free...
So Now they over hire to see who will stay or go. Now we have more drivers then we do trucks. So it will be interesting to see who gets to work and who gets to stay home. Never seen a company this dysfunctional in my driving career. The really sad thing about this company is all the lieing that goes on from top to bottom the lies are countless. Patronization seems to be the norm, tell'm what they want to hear, then screw'm.
So I guess when they know the turn over rate is so high they just forge a few documents to get a few people on board then roll the dice.. Now wait to see how many wrecked trucks they get be for someone figures it out.

If it is so bad, why do you stay????:toxic:

Take the plate off and take it home with you so you have something to drive the next day!!!!!!!!! They do road test when they have time... Most new city guys go out with a driver on their first day.... L/H they just tell them what truck to drive,no training.....

Not at my barn they say heres the DR's take truck X and Oh call on the radio from every stop for the first day. Never ever has anyone even riden with anyone here.

Braceface, I stay for one reason to see the TM sweat, because he can't stand me and I can't stand him either... Classic battle of the minds and its kinda fun...
I like what I do I just can't stand people that are so book smart that they are stupid. Practical people survive this industry. Not Book smart people that seem to disconnect from all forms of practicality. In my opinion to be a manager of a facility the person has to have done the job for which they are to manage and direct. It's like having a plumber do brain surgery.

Braceface, I stay for one reason to see the TM sweat, because he can't stand me and I can't stand him either... Classic battle of the minds and its kinda fun...
I like what I do I just can't stand people that are so book smart that they are stupid. Practical people survive this industry. Not Book smart people that seem to disconnect from all forms of practicality. In my opinion to be a manager of a facility the person has to have done the job for which they are to manage and direct. It's like having a plumber do brain surgery.
I can appreciate that!!! Off topic, what time do you start, how many stops, how many miles a day? Just curious!

I hear a lot of complaining in our barn before we leave everymorning. We really don't have it that bad. Brand new trucks, a/c, radios, we don't have a p&d trailer more than 3 years old in our yard... I really dislike the management style we use however its our job as the guys who made it thru to help the new guy out.

Don't laugh at him having a hard first day, remember we all were new once.

I can appreciate that!!! Off topic, what time do you start, how many stops, how many miles a day? Just curious!

way to many stops and way to many hours and way to many miles..... 17-20 stops. 290 - 350 miles and 12-16 hours. we dont have set start times just a note each day that says when to come in any time from 6-8am.

:Poke: :Poke: :Poke: If you are working that hard just to see your TM sweat who's the fool?

Do you think it really bothers him that you work that much?

If you don't like the place you work for quit. Don't bring the other people down and don't talk smack about a place that pays over 24 an hour.

If you can't handle it here go over to some other carrier... The grass is always greener right......

But if you stay you are accepting the job given to you, theirfore you can't complain....

Lack of training around here is contagious. Most of the new guys find out things by word of mouth or when they do something wrong and the gauntlet falls on them...Only the strong (or stupid) survive. I think that Im a little bit of both...going on 7 years. But I only live 3 miles away, and when I get back the day ends rather quickly and I forget about what transpired. Tomorrow is another day.

Just do the best you can with what you are given and remember....Nobody cares about how good a job you do each day; just get the job done and quit complaining. They only know your name when you do something wrong. I may have one the Ford Fusion, "But if I were to complain about something...It would be shoved right back in my face that I won a car!"

There's alot of strange goings on here at R+L, but for now I will just keep on grinding out the days until it's over and done. I will probably stay here as long as they will have me or I win the POWERBALL (yeah right).

NYPD - "NOT YOUR PROBLEM DRIVER"
You can only do one stop at a time and do so much in one day. Everything else will take care of itself. Just stay safe and keep on truckin'!

Anybody that has the handle playsinmud is wet behind the ears anyway.maybe you should shut up and liston to senior drivers that have some idea of what there talking about?
Its dumb SOBS such as yourself that keep even dumber SOBS in management in power.

GO WITH THE TEAMSTERS !!!!!!!!!

Anybody that has the handle playsinmud is wet behind the ears anyway.maybe you should shut up and liston to senior drivers that have some idea of what there talking about?
Its dumb SOBS such as yourself that keep even dumber SOBS in management in power.

GO WITH THE TEAMSTERS !!!!!!!!!

now what did he say that was so wrong or stupid.i believe that you are using the wrong name or just a dumb a** trying to start trouble

Crazy one....... So you think it is wrong to help a new driver out? You believe you should just let them suffer and grow to dislike their place of employment? You believe that fighting the management is a way to create a productive and happy work place?

I'm sorry Sir however it is gentlemen like yourself who stir up crap and enjoy watching the pot turn. You need to realize that if it was not for whatever company you work for you would not have your job. If the company does not make money you don't have a job to go to anymore.

Also Sir, your comments speak volumes of your education. Good luck in all you can't accomplish in life.

I however look down the road and hope that by working together we can make our company a great place to work.

If any new drivers need help they should have a group of good drivers to go to not knuckle heads... ie crazy one..

Crazy one....... So you think it is wrong to help a new driver out? You believe you should just let them suffer and grow to dislike their place of employment? You believe that fighting the management is a way to create a productive and happy work place?

I'm sorry Sir however it is gentlemen like yourself who stir up crap and enjoy watching the pot turn. You need to realize that if it was not for whatever company you work for you would not have your job. If the company does not make money you don't have a job to go to anymore.

Also Sir, your comments speak volumes of your education. Good luck in all you can't accomplish in life.

I however look down the road and hope that by working together we can make our company a great place to work.

If any new drivers need help they should have a group of good drivers to go to not knuckle heads... ie crazy one..

FYI.......my barn is now up to three drivers hired without drive test. Whats the count at yours?

must be nice playsinmud!

playsinmud,you must work up north where they(r$l) don't discriminate,cuz here in miami,we're at 22.39,(top pay!).

I do work in the North however the situation remains the same. We are paid good money for the job we are asked to perform on a daily basis.

We are not volunteers here. If we don't like it we can move on. If we choose to stay we must live within the given rules and do the job.

Doing things just to try and agravate T/M's and dispatchers is counterproductive and childish.

If we choose to stay we must live within the given rules and do the job.

I dont mind playing by the rules...But, "Why do the RULZ have to change all the time?"

Doing things just to try and agravate T/M's and dispatchers is counterproductive and childish.

This is a two-way street! The office personnel do just as much agravating as the drivers. They usually start the agravation process rolling. How's the saying..."Sh!t rolls down hill."

I for one usually keep to myself and mind my own business. But, listening to all the complaining can get cumbersome.