SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

Nope, it's not illegal, not blocking anything, the event is caught on camera, i just know how to make it go away before it downloads.

I won't even quote this idiot anymore. He claims to be so smart and says he has a device to sell for $125 to keep DriveCam from downloading. The fact is I know what he's doing to keep it from downloading and it's really simple to do with no device needed. I won't disclose it because it's not my place. SAIA may or may not know how it's done I can't say for sure. You will always find unethical people to look for ways to beat the system just like those that created the device to roll back digital odometers. It's a huge problem in the auto industry today. This guy is a new member that just joined to cause trouble. All I can say in closing is play by the rules or risk losing your job. Because what he assumes is going unnoticed may in fact be noticed. Technology is a tricky thing to try and beat. You can never go wrong by having integrity. That's something this guy has no clue about.

Last edited:
Well said, so why is it wrong for technology to be created for the protection of corporations that causes hardship for those that may not deserve it and it not be ok for drivers that can embrace tecnology that can protect themselves, That would be like going to a cops poker game unarmed, doesn't mean you're going to be protected.

Well said, so why is it wrong for technology to be created for the protection of corporations that causes hardship for those that may not deserve it and it not be ok for drivers that can embrace tecnology that can protect themselves, That would be like going to a cops poker game unarmed, doesn't mean you're going to be protected.
Their intention is to save lives and make the roads safer. Your intention is to undermine that. And create something illegal to do it. You have no moral compass and no integrity.

Integrity is something that Saia could use a little help in improving. Severely lacking in several areas.
Integrity slips between the cracks in all companies. You can't police every aspect of a huge company. If your looking for perfection as you appear to be then it's best you stay out of corporate America. Stay where you are now. Running your own trucks and hope that everyone you hire is perfect. Integrity in every person you meet isn't easy to find. This company has done me right and has shown me nothing but integrity. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you.

Corporate America has only one concern, thats there bottom line, you can provide a lifetime of great service and defend them, but when you make a mistake or have a moment in your life the causes you to be less productive, they will replace you without blinking, I don't work for a big corporation, i have and don't like the games they play, I no longer drive a truck either, I happen to realize things that are needed on both sides and come up with a solution, you might say it's hypocritical, but thats what is so great about living in America, you don't have to be used for someone elses avenue to an easy life, thats why I choose the directions i go, I owe corporate America nothing and have no problem being successful in areas they can't control.

Integrity is something that Saia could use a little help in improving. Severely lacking in several areas.
Maybe I didn't solve any of the world's problems today. But I did try to conduct my life in such a way that I did not add to them.

But I am not the one touting the phrase "integrity is what drives our business". Or maybe they have stopped that now. What is the flavor of the day today train?

A great leader once said "we will relentlessly pursue perfection knowing full well we will never achieve it."

And as far as your comment about it not being easy to find integrity in every person...isn't that what the application and interview process is serving? Your company has an entire department dedicated to that activity. Where is their integrity?

Heres a fact i will share with you train, I received a call yesterday from a driver that is 2 years from retirement, he purchased my kit because he feared of losing all he has worked so many years at this company for, he got hit by the camera with a cup of coffee in his hand while driving, company policy doesn't allow that, (ridiculous). He thanked me because he was able to rid himself of the worry of being called in and written up.
Have you ever driven with a beverage in your hand? Does that policy implement within your company? Do you always follow rules subconsciously? Just a thought.

Drivecams create a more difficult degree of split decision making in a quick reaction moment, drivers get so caught up in trying not to activate that when there is a moment where they have to lock it down, there mind is toying with them to which direction they need to go, Lock it down and set camera off and be written up? Blow on through situation in hopes all turns out ok so camera doesn't activate? All that does is add more work to a drivers split second decision, a decision that can't afford, no matter which direction you go, to take a second longer than needed to make a professional decision where lives are concerned. So does it help corporations? absolutely, does it help driver? Rarely

If my life is to travel smoothly then I must give it a sense of direction. I must take out the charts and plot my own course. For life is too short to wander aimlessly and hope by chance to find my goal. And I must be willing to pay all the tolls that are expected along life's highway. For then and only then will I be permitted to reach my final destination.

Heres a fact i will share with you train, I received a call yesterday from a driver that is 2 years from retirement, he purchased my kit because he feared of losing all he has worked so many years at this company for, he got hit by the camera with a cup of coffee in his hand while driving, company policy doesn't allow that, (ridiculous). He thanked me because he was able to rid himself of the worry of being called in and written up.
Have you ever driven with a beverage in your hand? Does that policy implement within your company? Do you always follow rules subconsciously? Just a thought.
You are warned many times in coaching for minor things like that. You are only actually written up for certain things like cell phones and no seatbelt. First a trainer will ride with you. You are never just fired. I'm done for now with you. SAIA is not the enemy here no matter what you want to believe.

You are warned many times in coaching for minor things like that. You are only actually written up for certain things like cell phones and no seatbelt. First a trainer will ride with you. You are never just fired. I'm done for now with you. SAIA is not the enemy here no matter what you want to believe.
Not every company follows what they preach, I know for a fact of dismissal for eating a burger while operating equipment.

The point here is the fact that being coached for having a beverage in your hand is asinine. If they are going to coach you on it once, they will coach you on it every time they see you on camera with a beverage, and it will eventually be you riding with a trainer and getting written up for simply taking a damn drink of water. I try to drink at least a gallon of water a night, and I'll be damned if I'm going to find an exit and pull off the road every time I take a drink just so I don't have to worry about the idiots in the safety department writing me up for something that is not dangerous in the slightest.

This crap is out of hand and I can't wait to get the hell out of here. I don't understand how anyone can defend this idiocy. I said I'd give it a chance but good God, even I didn't expect it to be this bad. These people make Con-Way look like amateurs in the world of overbearing micromanagement.

Not every company follows what they preach, I know for a fact of dismissal for eating a burger while operating equipment.
Now your just fear mongering. He had to have been coached multiple times for the same offense for that to even be considered. And I still don't believe you. You have no credibility.

The point here is the fact that being coached for having a beverage in your hand is asinine. If they are going to coach you on it once, they will coach you on it every time they see you on camera with a beverage, and it will eventually be you riding with a trainer and getting written up for simply taking a damn drink of water. I try to drink at least a gallon of water a night, and I'll be damned if I'm going to find an exit and pull off the road every time I take a drink just so I don't have to worry about the idiots in the safety department writing me up for something that is not dangerous in the slightest.

This crap is out of hand and I can't wait to get the hell out of here. I don't understand how anyone can defend this idiocy. I said I'd give it a chance but good God, even I didn't expect it to be this bad. These people make Con-Way look like amateurs in the world of overbearing micromanagement.
Your buying into the fear mongering. It's not that bad. I hate to see you go but that's your decision.