SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

YTnDDZA.jpg

Hey RAT when you gonna come up with an original thought?
Joe, I have plenty of original thoughts. You've seen them through the years. Whatever I post it will be attacked. I will come up with some good stuff if this forum gets a little busier. Right now we have the same few posters that are pure negativity. It's not work my time to get them going. I would feel guilty if they stroked out.

He seems to be happy with his job. You, however, seem to have a problem with wanting to follow procedure.

I never realized there are soooo many cry baby democrats on this board.
Yes, most of them wanted Hillary or Bernie to win. Always wanting something for nothing. They cried when Obama had to leave. So sad.

LMFAO I don't think there are any democrats on the Saia forum (at least not those of us that actually work here). Try again, Gomer and Goober.

LMFAO I don't think there are any democrats on the Saia forum (at least not those of us that actually work here). Try again, Gomer and Goober.

hahahahahah..hahahahhah....that was ALMOST funny. Go back and read the entire post...and use all the words this time.

Your problem is you think you have the right to tell SAIA that the camera policies they have are BS. The Bluetooth policy is wrong because all the other LTL companies allow them. The CB policy is wrong too. Who are you to tell them how to run the company? Maybe you should have stayed in college so you could be in upper level management so you could perhaps have some greater influence in corporate decisions. You missed your calling big guy. Your a truck driver and probably a Damn good one. But you are not a lawyer and haven't a clue what's best for this company when it comes to litigation. Don't blame the company for your lack of education. And although all managers are not highly educated they have one thing you don't. Loyalty and appreciation for a company that helps them pay their bills and feed their family. Maybe you should start your own company and set your own policies. That sounds like a plan for a guy with your mindset.

Last edited:
Your problem is you think you have the right to tell SAIA that the camera policies they have are BS. The Bluetooth policy is wrong because all the other LTL companies allow them. The CB policy is wrong too. Who are you to tell them how to run the company? Maybe you should have stayed in college so you could be in upper level management so you could perhaps have some greater influence in corporate decisions. You missed your calling big guy. Your a truck driver and probably a Damn good one. But you are not a lawyer and haven't a clue what's best for this company when it comes to litigation. Don't blame the company for your lack of education. And although all managers are not highly educated they have one thing you don't. Loyalty and appreciation for a company that helps them pay their bills and feed their family. Maybe you should start your own company and set your own policies. That sounds like a plan for a guy with your mindset.

I would dig ditches in a field full of pig s@@" in the rain before I would be a manager here

Your problem is you think you have the right to tell SAIA that the camera policies they have are BS. The Bluetooth policy is wrong because all the other LTL companies allow them. The CB policy is wrong too. Who are you to tell them how to run the company? Maybe you should have stayed in college so you could be in upper level management so you could perhaps have some greater influence in corporate decisions. You missed your calling big guy. Your a truck driver and probably a Damn good one. But you are not a lawyer and haven't a clue what's best for this company when it come to litigation. Don't blame the company for your lack of education.

Lmao... so to to summarize: Lawyers know what's best for us, and that includes prohibiting truck drivers from talking on CB's. Great pep talk.

I question my decision to stay sometimes, rather than get on the board somewhere else, but I'd rather take that gamble and have seniority here when they finally admit this was a mistake. In the mean time, it's entertaining watching all these members of management get so frustrated and cranky because they can't keep drivers. Watched our regional manager throw a hissy fit on the dock the other night because 50% of the freight sitting in the yard is already late. Cheap entertainment for now, at least.

Maybe he's mad that most linehaul drivers make more money than he does lmao...

Lmao... so to to summarize: Lawyers know what's best for us, and that includes prohibiting truck drivers from talking on CB's. Great pep talk.

I question my decision to stay sometimes, rather than get on the board somewhere else, but I'd rather take that gamble and have seniority here when they finally admit this was a mistake. In the mean time, it's entertaining watching all these members of management get so frustrated and cranky because they can't keep drivers. Watched our regional manager throw a hissy fit on the dock the other night because 50% of the freight sitting in the yard is already late. Cheap entertainment for now, at least.

Maybe he's mad that most linehaul drivers make more money than he does lmao...

I think you just summed up the way about 98% of us with any seniority feel. We are smart enough to stay out of trouble but that doesn't mean we have to like it you gotta use your head I've been in an 18 for 3 months I talk on the phone and the cb every night I just scale it back a little more than I used to and drive like grandpa.

We are smart enough to stay out of trouble but that doesn't mean we have to like it you gotta use your head I've been in an 18 for 3 months I talk on the phone and the cb every night I just scale it back a little more than I used to and drive like grandpa.
This is exactly why these cameras are no big deal. Use your head and you will be fine. I'm not condoning breaking company policy. I'm just saying ............ Use your head !!!

I think you just summed up the way about 98% of us with any seniority feel. We are smart enough to stay out of trouble but that doesn't mean we have to like it you gotta use your head I've been in an 18 for 3 months I talk on the phone and the cb every night I just scale it back a little more than I used to and drive like grandpa.

Enjoy. Seems the factory installed Lytx are less sensitive than the retrofits.

I just don't drive the camera trucks at all if I can help it. There are tons of us that don't, and if they haven't cut out the bullchit by the time all the older trucks are gone, they are going to really chit their pants at the number of guys who go elsewhere. Maybe that $15,000 bonus will turn into $20,000 or more.

And although all managers are not highly educated they have one thing you don't. Loyalty and appreciation for a company that helps them pay their bills and feed their family.

Companies and management are just like government: they get loyalty and appreciation when they deserve it. Right now they certainly don't. And I don't need to appreciate having a job when I'm in a position to to basically go to any other LTL company I want to. That's the beauty of having a skill set that's in high demand.

I certainly DO think there's enough good in this company to stay around and hope for the best right now instead of leaving. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there are at least a couple dozen of us at my terminal alone that feel the same way, and will jump ship in a heartbeat if it becomes apparent that they intend to ride the ship into the ground.