SAIA | DriveCam ... By Lytx

What difference does it make? that is their job, or would you rather have some self important driver with a patch on his shirt trying to belittle you?

Sounds better than being belittled by a self important office roach that has no idea what the job even entails. I'd also be more likely to listen to a driver without writing him off right from the get-go...

Sounds better than being belittled by a self important office roach that has no idea what the job even entails. I'd also be more likely to listen to a driver without writing him off right from the get-go...
And if he had less experience than you you would listen?If he had a clipboard in his hand and didn't like your answers and you received disciplinary action you would be ok with that? at least the maggot that wears a suit is doing his job, the maggot that is a driver trying to prove he's superior than you or maybe trying to get you fired so he can move up a spot? drivers "coaching" drivers is not a good thing.

And he/she has logged how many miles in a truck?
Not sure Buck but I'm not sure why that would be important. He is college educated and extremely proficient in his field. His job with the LYTX system is to analyze the data and coach the drivers. He understands what truck drivers must deal with in real world driving. He's not here to nitpick minor issues. He's here to address serious safety issues that put the company at financial risk. Like anything that involves technology it involves being extremely computer literate in how this particular system works. And he is good. Our safety man is top notch and has our total respect. Whether he has ever stepped foot in a truck is irrelevant. His job is to promote safety and coach us in a professional manner if needed. And I can assure you, no one does it better.

Last edited:
Not sure Buck but I'm not sure why that would be important. He is college educated and extremely proficient in his field. His job with the LYTX system is to analyze the data and coach the drivers. He understands what truck drivers must deal with in real world driving. He's not here to nik-pic minor issues. He's here to address serious safety issues that put the company at financial risk. Like anything that involves technology it involves being extremely computer literate in how this particular system works. And he is good. Our safety man is top notch and has our total respect. Rather he has ever stepped foot in a truck is irrelevant. His job is to promote safety and coach us in a professional manner if needed. And I can assure you, no one does it better.

I guess the point I am making is that he/she would have a lot more credibility to me if they had driven or actually been in real world situations. It's like the difference between a simulator and the real thing

I guess the point I am making is that he/she would have a lot more credibility to me if they had driven or actually been in real world situations. It's like the difference between a simulator and the real thing
The man has common sense and understands the difference. He is not here to attack us. He's here to help us become better drivers.

Why just because you don't have the skills to drive does not mean you do not have the knowledge, that's his job and as much as
i dislike cameras
I would rather the safety maggot over a driver

I thought having common sense automatically disqualified a person from becoming a safety manager. Someone slipped through the cracks...

This is the best move for safety that this company has ever made. I know many hate DriveCam but if you will give it a chance you will understand it's here to protect you. So many drivers are so arrogant that they think they can do no wrong. That they are perfect and never make mistakes. This is a tool to help you become a safer driver as well as to protect you when your in the right. We are never to old to learn. I've done this 43 years and welcome it. Many of you haters might want to learn what the word "humility" means. If you would take the time to watch some of these videos you just might understand. www.lytx.com/resource-center/video-center
it's the only way you were going to get a new truck f.n.g. that you can take to the bank. And you know it.

The same could be said about drivers

But last time I checked, there were no sign on bonuses or incentives for the safety department. And there isn't a national safety department personnel shortage either. Might be time to reorganize company priorities and give some respect to the folks that actually handle and move freight

But last time I checked, there were no sign on bonuses or incentives for the safety department. And there isn't a national safety department personnel shortage either. Might be time to reorganize company priorities and give some respect to the folks that actually handle and move freight
When exactly was the last time you checked? There absolutely is a shortage of qualified Safety maggots, as far as respect, you get what you give.

ok. let's understand one thing about drive cam. it's a self serving tool for companies to use to put more blame on either the driver or the other guy when it comes to accidents. these people sitting behind their respective desks don't give a damn about me or you. their respective agenda is to have you comply. whatever it takes. invading your privacy by looking and listening INSIDE the vehicle only serves them. You're on your bluetooth headset? You say something like ++++ them. You smoke. You pick your nose. You scratch your butt. That's not their right to watch you inside the truck. That's wrong. Hard stop? It happens and we all know it. Hard turn....it happens. They know without a camera in a rollover accident the driver encountered something or did something. It's about the company leveling blame. We don't get to watch them do their jobs by going out for liquid lunch and getting behind the wheel of a company car or listening to them talk in their cars. Forward facing cameras I accept. The rest is BS. It's wrong and eventually driver facing cameras will be out of bounds.

We just got a .74 cent raise. Line haul bumped to 62cpm. This business takes a team effort. When one wins we all win. This "us and them" mentality is your constant theme. I have known many managers that were A holes and many drivers that were the same. Buck have you ever had a manager that you liked? One that was just a great man/woman despite be in management. They do exist you know. I've known many. They have a job to do just like you and are just trying to make a living just like you. I don't get you. Why such bitterness?