Drivecam

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
IFDA - Changing Risky Driver Behaviors through Technology - DriveCam Program Saves Sysco Millions

One of the statistics that stands out is the cost of large loss claims due to serious accidents. From 2000 to 2009, the company suffered seven to eight losses per year of more than $1 million. From 2011 to present, because of DriveCam, there have been only two large loss claims, a significant savings. Dibens referred to the loss reduction as “exoneration.” In a number of cases, video has proved that Sysco drivers were not at fault.

And what is the satictics on how many drivers were fired for stupid BS because of the cams? To easy for the company to fire drivers for dumb, non-safety related crap.

And what is the satictics on how many drivers were fired for stupid BS because of the cams? To easy for the company to fire drivers for dumb, non-safety related crap.

We have had a few, when they say don't be on the phone they mean it, I don't touch it anymore. We had a good shuttle driver put a long set into the fence in OKC, he would have gotten fired if not for the DC, it showed the drunk gal with no lights that cut him off and hit the brakes, the impact caused him to lose control, he was back to work after a night off to re-group, no questions asked, after that incident I quit complaining about them, I just stay off the phone, wear my seatbelt and carry a safe following distance.

They aren't going away, so may as well look at the positive and do what I'm supposed to do instead of being a rebel about the whole thing.

A couple of us were suspended for smoking, and there are some that still smoke because they haven't been caught yet.

One driver I know was fired for using the cell phone while driving, but dang, if you got caught twice, or probably three times, you deserve it, it is the law nowadays.

You can still use your Bluetooth. We still talk on are phones. I think it's safe to your Bluetooth. To me it's more distracting to have someone ride with you then talk on your Bluetooth

You can still use your Bluetooth. We still talk on are phones. I think it's safe to your Bluetooth. To me it's more distracting to have someone ride with you then talk on your Bluetooth

Not at Sysco OK, no hands free or anything, if you get caught and they can't see the BT, you better be saying your talking to yourself, which isn't a stretch for me because I do that all day long, but as far as the phone goes, I don't answer, look at texts, or be on the hands free, ever.

That's the way Sysco Asian foods is. I like talking on my phone. I get drivers that call me all day long. I wouldn't like that.

That's the way Sysco Asian foods is. I like talking on my phone. I get drivers that call me all day long. I wouldn't like that.

Oh, I feel ya, I used to talk on the phone all night long, I missed it when I was on nights, but its do or die here, do it and get caught and ya pay the price, the down side of that for the company is if they need me, they don't get me, pulling over on the right of way because my phone rang isn't an emergency to me, I can't look at it while driving, pulling over on the turnpike or highway is dangerous and for emergency use only, sorry but its their policy, not mine :)

A couple of us were suspended for smoking, and there are some that still smoke because they haven't been caught yet.

One driver I know was fired for using the cell phone while driving, but dang, if you got caught twice, or probably three times, you deserve it, it is the law nowadays.
One or twohere fired for cell phones. No one even talked to about smoking or eating while driving but once in a meeting they were going on about some of us playing the radio too loud.
My main gripe about the cameras is that both Sysco and DriveCam can pretty much store the videos forever. What happens to the last 12 seconds of a guy's life if he dies in an accident? If I die but Sysco avoids a lawsuit because the footage shows someone else at fault will DriveCam show the video to a conference room full of people as part of their money saving sales pitch?
They're here to stay and I think it's just a matter of time before anyone worth working for has these installed.

I feel Frito going down that road. We are getting peoplenet for our logs. If we get into an accident we are supposed to hit a record button and it will store the last 30 seconds and the next.
No video yet but we have a camera that's on the back they say its "inoperable". Yeah right. I believe I saw a microphone also.

I feel Frito going down that road. We are getting peoplenet for our logs. If we get into an accident we are supposed to hit a record button and it will store the last 30 seconds and the next.
No video yet but we have a camera that's on the back they say its "inoperable". Yeah right. I believe I saw a microphone also.

Matt, I wish I invented it, I would be a katrillibizillionaire...trust me, and like Lazlo said, anyone worth working for will have them, I understand the vid part, but I still have no idea why they need audio as well, all they hear is us say ****, or the radio going.

BTW, they reprimand us for talking trash to other motorists, like saying you dumb ass as they cut in front of us and we hit the brakes and set the camera off, they, (Sysco mgmt.), says that shows a bad side or aggressive or some crap...anyway, they get mad at us...whats new. I swear sometimes they hate us, I feel like even though we do the work, we are in their way somehow. Sorry, I had to say that, there ya go Sysco mgmt., read that.