DriveCam...

wiggletrain

TB Lurker
Credits
When I came to Sysco I was told that seatbelt is required any time you are going forward. That was good with me, because I always wear my seatbelt, but when backing I always remove it so I have full free range of motion.

Now I hear a lot of our guys are getting "coached" on the non use of a seatbelt while baking. Even one senior driver, who is set to retire this December, he's been told that if he wants to make it to December he will wear it. He hostles trucks most of his shift, backwards more than forward!

Are all the Sysco houses being told this?

hey wiggletrain-- we are told the same thing about the seatbelts. we do not have to wear them once on Sysco property.

I always have it on except when in the yard. I used to take it off while backing, but it's just not worth it, what if I have to pull up? One driver got into it and the management decided it was okay to take it off while backing into a dock or something where you had to squirm around, but I don't trust them to not change their mind. When I'm in the kitchen baking, I never wear it.

We were told that if we're in a parking lot and we're backing that it was ok not to wear it on the assumption that we're getting in/out to place cones and check behind us. Like Ted said I just wear it all the time in case I set the camera off and find out they've changed their mind.

When I came to Sysco I was told that seatbelt is required any time you are going forward. That was good with me, because I always wear my seatbelt, but when backing I always remove it so I have full free range of motion.

Now I hear a lot of our guys are getting "coached" on the non use of a seatbelt while baking. Even one senior driver, who is set to retire this December, he's been told that if he wants to make it to December he will wear it. He hostles trucks most of his shift, backwards more than forward!

Are all the Sysco houses being told this?

If he is running the hostler, and is the yard dog, thats his yard, he is on Sysco property, our hostler don't even have a camera, it would go off to much! Who TF puts a camera in a hostler buggy? The only time I back now is on a yard, soon as I hit that slab I remove the belt, I even did it while backing into customer locations, but then again I'm a rebel! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Central Alabama makes the rules as you break them. You never know what is next. These cameras should be a good thing. But used to their advantage to fire drivers

That's ridiculous especially the camera in the yard dog. Yall can keep those cameras!!