SAIA | Drivecam

Troy is a bit condescending and arrogant according to most which is surprising since he just came out of line haul with this so-called promotion. You would think he would understand the drivers perspective but instead the job has appeared to go to his head. I don’t really care because my time is limited here but if he’s ready to go to war with the old timer I’m most certainly ready. I’ve beat much better than him with the war of words and his tattoos don’t intimidate me at all. He’s making enemies faster than anyone I can recall and that’s not good in his new position.
Let me add that a lot of turnover is coming down the pike with this new guy and with the accident rate on the climb he better keep his eyes open. He may think he’s indispensable but he’s not. Kevin makes this guy look like a complete idiot. Kevin was a people person and understood us. Many already have rumblings of going to HR on this new safety guy. And trust me he will never see it coming. The smart and silent types you never do. You never see them coming. Just wham, a total blindside hit. I never worried about the loud mouth aggressive types. You can always see them coming and they are very predictable. The quiet and unassuming ones you never see coming. That’s what makes them so dangerous.

Last edited:
I would encourage any and all Saia drivers to make use of the anonymous, 1-800 saia line. When I used it, I kept the conversations completely anonymous. It is important to report incidents and fellow employees actions so that they can be documented and a record is made. It worked for me on a couple of occasions when things seemed really bleak. Give it a try...what have you got to lose?

I would encourage any and all Saia drivers to make use of the anonymous, 1-800 saia line. When I used it, I kept the conversations completely anonymous. It is important to report incidents and fellow employees actions so that they can be documented and a record is made. It worked for me on a couple of occasions when things seemed really bleak. Give it a try...what have you got to lose?
The problem is that many are paranoid that they may be discovered and perhaps retaliation will be taken against them. But it is a very good option. Sometimes though Buck it just takes someone that doesn’t give a ****. Someone that just doesn’t have a lot to lose and just doesn’t give a ****. We have plenty of those in Texas. As we like to say in Texas, F THEM and the horse they rode in on. FKM!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you at all Train. But, as I recall, the number I'm referring to that is in the handbook specifically mentions that those who use this option need not fear retaliation. So, in theory, if someone did use that number and remained anonymous and somehow were found out - and then experienced retaliation - Saia would probably find itself in some hot water based on that written policy/procedure not being followed. I may be mistaken. In any event, it sounds to me like the work environment continues to degrade and follow a downward spiral. Maybe someday they will learn from their mistakes. But the evidence is to the contrary at this point.

I don't disagree with you at all Train. But, as I recall, the number I'm referring to that is in the handbook specifically mentions that those who use this option need not fear retaliation. So, in theory, if someone did use that number and remained anonymous and somehow were found out - and then experienced retaliation - Saia would probably find itself in some hot water based on that written policy/procedure not being followed. I may be mistaken. In any event, it sounds to me like the work environment continues to degrade and follow a downward spiral. Maybe someday they will learn from their mistakes. But the evidence is to the contrary at this point.

I wouldn't use any cell phones or landlines that belong to any family members. Find a pay phone.

Pay phone ? Those still exist ? No telling how much it costs to make a call on one of those things now. They are doing another employee survey this year, i dont think they have done one in a few years.
Maybe they are trying to figure out why we are having so much turnover. That’s a huge expense especially when the newbies go out and tear ::shit:: up. There’s a lot to be said for senior drivers with perfect driving records working for you. And when you are driving them away in droves to the competition it very obvious something has gone terribly wrong.

Last edited:
Maybe they are trying to figure out why we are having so much turnover. That’s a huge expense especially when the newbies go out and tear :::shit::: up. There’s a lot to be said for senior drivers with perfect driving records working for you. And when you are driving them away in droves to the competition it very obvious something has gone terribly wrong.
As long as the company is making money and the shareholders are happy, then Atlanta doesnt care whats driving experienced employees away. The problem will never get addressed untill we are losing money and Rick O's neck is on the line. And even then it may get a tepid response from corporate. The cameras are the main issue, alot of drivers can deal with them, but the way the company is useing them to pick at drivers is driving them away and keeping them from attracting good drivers.

Last edited:
Prime example of: implement technology and ignore common sense. The cameras/software only know what they are programmed to do. GI, GO. Stockholders may be happy short term, but a trucking company that runs off drivers in historic numbers will pay the price moving forward

As long as the company is making money and the shareholders are happy, then Atlanta doesnt care whats driving experienced employees away. The problem will never get addressed untill we are losing money and Rick O's neck is on the line. And even then it may get a tepid response from corporate. The cameras are the main issue, alot of drivers can deal with them, but the way the company is useing them to pick at drivers is driving them away and keeping them from attracting good drivers.

I went through the same thing with sysco years ago and drivers there are going through the same thing now. But the company profits are going up and sales are going up too and the shareholders love it. They are doing more with less and they haven’t hit rock bottom yet but it’s going to come soon

Your right about the shareholders but I think they are curious about the high turnover rate but not enough to make things more driver friendly. They know why turnover is high and they just need to act concerned. Bottom line is they don’t care enough to actually do anything. We are making money and that’s all that really matters. I would respect them more if they would not pretend to care.

Last edited:
They don’t care lol. I’ve been here 3 years and had no intentions of going anywhere. My TM isn’t happy to see me go but he gets it. Tom G is supposed to be at our terminal this week, I can’t wait to tell him the good news lol.

Now they are tacking on 36 mth probation along with day off ? Understand that is now included on some violations. Keeps getting better.
It’s beyond stupidity. 3 years probation for a rolling stop that I actually did stop at. I had to pull up because my view was obstructed with trees and that’s when the event triggered. You can have 2 accidents and have a better chance to keep your job. Go figure!!!

It’s beyond stupidity. 3 years probation for a rolling stop that I actually did stop at. I had to pull up because my view was obstructed with trees and that’s when the event triggered. You can have 2 accidents and have a better chance to keep your job. Go figure!!!
You can go out and commit an actual crime and not get 36 mths probation !

And on a side note , another thing that irritates the :shhit: out of me. Stop with the damn notifications that you have to acknowledge b4 you can get on your employee page ! Once you ackowledge it make it go away ! I do not have to see it and acknowledge every time i want to get on my employee page for a flippin month straight ! Sorry i will calm down now.

It’s not so bad once you learn how the thing works but the fact that all the policies for cell phones and CB’s is over the top even Walmart who is anal as hell about safety more so than almost any company allows their drivers to talk on the phone hands free. But the real issue is LYTX in my view because those people know nothing about driving a truck and have no understanding of what is going on in a video half the time they just look for specific things and send it based upon that but guess that’s what you get when a bunch of liberal snowflakes are watching over everything you do

3 years?... Train I cain't believe even you would ever have anything good to say about this chicken s--t outfit
3 years is total BS.

Damn Train you will be retired before your probation is up then what house , arrest with ankle bracelet for the rest of the time?????
You are correct but I have plans on going out in a very unique way. They will terminate me. That I will make certain of.

Last edited: