SAIA | Drivecam

The intent was to deceive. They lied. No coaching. No learning tool. Immediately suspended then terminated. Kinda hard to trust a company after that type of behavior. And they wonder why we feel betrayed? They weaponized DriveCam and have turned it against us. This is next level enforcement. Not even Conway took it to this level. They are playing law enforcement and that’s not their job.

Last edited:
The intent was to deceive. They lied. No coaching. No learning tool. Immediately suspended then terminated. Kinda hard to trust a company after that type of behavior. And they wonder why we feel betrayed? They weaponized DriveCam and have turned it against us. This is next level enforcement. Not even Conway took it to this level. They are playing law enforcement and that’s not their job.
I bet Drivecams CEO and board would love to have some hard cold evidence on these matters

At will employment, they don't need a reason.
Very true Joe but in America we have legal avenues you can take when certain circumstances call for investigations. Everything is not always black and white and while the company may have the upper hand that doesn’t necessarily guarantee a victory.

Very true Joe but in America we have legal avenues you can take when certain circumstances call for investigations. Everything is not always black and white and while the company may have the upper hand that doesn’t necessarily guarantee a victory.
Let me clear up something about this post since I have received a few calls in regards to it. In no way I’m I implying any sort of legal action on my behalf. This post is about ex-employees that have ask my opinion about legal action being taken for wrongful terminations. My advice is don’t bother with it and just move on to where your abilities are appreciated. Time is a valuable thing and the stress associated with legal action just isn’t worth it. Let it go. Life is too short. Hopefully they will listen to me because although they could win it’s a long shot at best. And as Joe has previously stated you are hired “at will” here and IMO legal action would be futile. Way too many jobs out there to cry about this one. Just move on.

Last edited:
Let me clear up something about this post since I have received a few calls in regards to it. In no way I’m I implying any sort of legal action on my behalf. This post is about ex-employees that have ask my opinion about legal action being taken for wrongful terminations. My advice is don’t bother with it and just move on to where your abilities are appreciated. Time is a valuable thing and the stress associated with legal action just isn’t worth it. Let it go. Life is too short. Hopefully they will listen to me because although they could win it’s a long shot at best. And as Joe has previously stated you are hired “at will” here and IMO legal action would be futile. Way too many jobs out there to cry about this one. Just move on.

Train, when you set your retirement date, get back with me, I've started a snow removal company in Miami, I promise, no
cameras on my snow blowers.
BTW, no forced OT.

Train, when you set your retirement date, get back with me, I've started a snow removal company in Miami, I promise, no
cameras on my snow blowers.
BTW, no forced OT.
I got a lot of snow blowing experience being from Texas. So I will give you a shout. It will be sweet not being micromanaged but more importantly I won’t have to refrain from scratching myself in the lower region. It can get rather embarrassing when I’m called on the carpet and ask what in the hell am I doing.

I got a lot of snow blowing experience being from Texas. So I will give you a shout. It will be sweet not being micromanaged but more importantly I won’t have to refrain from scratching myself in the lower region. It can get rather embarrassing when I’m called on the carpet and ask what in the hell am I doing.
Hahahaaha. This reminds me of a old Gene Tracy joke about the truck driver telling the waitress that he wanted a cup of coffee and p.i.s.s. Infuriated she got the manager who confronted the driver about speaking rudely to the waitress. The driver explained that he ordered a cup of coffee and p.i.s.s. meant PUT IN SOME SUGAR. Manager thought for a few seconds, smiled and said, "Hey, that's pretty good. Got any more like that? Driver said, "Sure. After I drink this coffee, I'm gonna s.h.i.t. Manager thought for a bit and said, "Ok, I give up. What does that mean"? The driver replied, "sh!t you dang idiot, sh!t.

Hahahaaha. This reminds me of a old Gene Tracy joke about the truck driver telling the waitress that he wanted a cup of coffee and p.i.s.s. Infuriated she got the manager who confronted the driver about speaking rudely to the waitress. The driver explained that he ordered a cup of coffee and p.i.s.s. meant PUT IN SOME SUGAR. Manager thought for a few seconds, smiled and said, "Hey, that's pretty good. Got any more like that? Driver said, "Sure. After I drink this coffee, I'm gonna s.h.i.t. Manager thought for a bit and said, "Ok, I give up. What does that mean"? The driver replied, "sh!t you dang idiot, sh!t.
You just had to go there!!!

It’s beyond stupidity. 3 years probation for a rolling stop that I actually did stop at. I had to pull up because my view was obstructed with trees and that’s when the event triggered. You can have 2 accidents and have a better chance to keep your job. Go figure!!!
That reprimand seems extreme. Was the stop at a railroad crossing by chance? The one trend I have seen is for trucking companies to invoke strict discipline when there is a serious potential law violation behind the incident.

For example, a truck driver getting fired for pissing behind his truck at a terminal. Seems extreme, but in some states, pissing in public can get a man put in a sex offenders list for life.

This zero tolerance "law and order " trend is a sign of the times in the bigger society.

That reprimand seems extreme. Was the stop at a railroad crossing by chance? The one trend I have seen is for trucking companies to invoke strict discipline when there is a serious potential law violation behind the incident.

For example, a truck driver getting fired for pissing behind his truck at a terminal. Seems extreme, but in some states, pissing in public can get a man put in a sex offenders list for life.

This zero tolerance "law and order " trend is a sign of the times in the bigger society.
It actually wasn’t at a railroad crossing and to say it’s a big extreme is an understatement. SAIA is building a reputation of being extremely hard to work for and once that happens it will have a problem with driver retention. It will also hurt recruiting and that will hurt the bottom line. Sadly, all of this is avoidable with just a little common sense. The cameras could be a good learning tool but they have weaponized it and are using it in a disingenuous manner.

It actually wasn’t at a railroad crossing and to say it’s a big extreme is an understatement. SAIA is building a reputation of being extremely hard to work for and once that happens it will have a problem with driver retention. It will also hurt recruiting and that will hurt the bottom line. Sadly, all of this is avoidable with just a little common sense. The cameras could be a good learning tool but they have weaponized it and are using it in a disingenuous manner.
Let me add to this. SAIA is flirting with the undertaker because the entire fleet doesn’t have cameras. Probably around 60/40 without cameras. This creates a discriminatory process when not all employees are treated equally. When you fire one and let others skate your opening yourself up to legal action and very expensive litigation. Mark my words. It doesn’t take a law professor to figure this one out.

Last edited:
Seems like Saia is shooting itself in the foot...again. This time, they are killing off their supply of drivers and the cameras are the weapon. I hope that karma catches up

If it makes 'Train feel any better, I saw three of our boys roll (4th gear?) right on red with a city officer tailing. Appears not to be a legal violation at 3 AM in the big city. What say you?

If it makes 'Train feel any better, I saw three of our boys roll (4th gear?) right on red with a city officer tailing. Appears not to be a legal violation at 3 AM in the big city. What say you?
I say SAIA needs to stay in the trucking business and get out of law enforcement. Look at my driving record and let it speak for itself. The camera is subject to misinterpretation. It’s flawed!!! A police officer or trooper are the only ones that have the right to give me a ticket.