SAIA | Drivecam

Pickup the freight when the customer wants it picked up, deliver it when promised, and don't tear the freight up....that's what SAIA LTL needs to do.

Could not agree more. Do one thing, do it well, make some money, and enjoy. Saia needs to Stay in their Lane. Or, in terms Saia can understand...GET THE BIG PICTURE.

Could not agree more. Do one thing, do it well, make some money, and enjoy. Saia needs to Stay in their Lane. Or, in terms Saia can understand...GET THE BIG PICTURE.

Many years ago, I had the misfortune of working for Pre Fab Transit. BEFORE any of this electronic crap. I drove around a major snowstorm and still delivered 24 hours early and they deducted $50 out of my check. With the encouragement of a long handled framing hammer being used as a door knocker on his front door, I got cash back. Two months later, same pickup, same goods, same consigned, but different snow storm, but another $50 taken out of my check, they were forced to go get the truck. Now I'm not saying Saia will start charging for these issues they see need in beating their drivers down with. BUT! I am going to tell you right now, in case I'm not here, if they do......I TOLD YA SO!!!

I say SAIA needs to stay in the trucking business and get out of law enforcement. Look at my driving record and let it speak for itself. The camera is subject to misinterpretation. It’s flawed!!! A police officer or trooper are the only ones that have the right to give me a ticket.
Safety is not law enforcement. It’s not their job to enforce traffic laws. SAIA has gotten all sorts of safety awards but that’s not because of DriveCam or the safety department. It’s because our drivers are some of the best in the business. So it frustrating that safety wants to continue to run many of them off with petty BS then claim they are responsible for all the safety accolades. Our drivers should get all the accolades but safety wants to take all the credit. It’s totally disgraceful!!!

Safety is not law enforcement. It’s not their job to enforce traffic laws. SAIA has gotten all sorts of safety awards but that’s not because of DriveCam or the safety department. It’s because our drivers are some of the best in the business. So it frustrating that safety wants to continue to run many of them off with petty BS then claim they are responsible for all the safety accolades. Our drivers should get all the accolades but safety wants to take all the credit. It’s totally disgraceful!!!

Exactly right. Just compare how many miles drivers log compared to how many in safety. Time to give credit where credit is due and set the record straight. Do the right thing!

Here is the problem , i have been driving for almost 30 years , believe it or not, i have had one chargeable accident in those almost 30 years, believe it or not. I am no longer driving the way i use to drive , i am not driving the truck ,i am driving the camera. And it does not matter how you drive , the camera will go off for some reason leaving you to think what the hell ? I had a space cushion , i was not being aggressive, so what did i do ? These cameras will go off on the smallest bump, but you can hit a 3 ft deep pothole and nothing . So now you are at home wondering and worried what the f**k did i do. Instead of enjoying your time at home and sleeping well , you are thinking what did i do to set the damn thing off. And that affects your psyche . And its wearing me down.

I don't worry about these cameras 1 bit cause long as i got a clean CDL license ( especially with a driver shortage) I'm wanted and I'm not talking dead or alive neither.

Here is the problem , i have been driving for almost 30 years , believe it or not, i have had one chargeable accident in those almost 30 years, believe it or not. I am no longer driving the way i use to drive , i am not driving the truck ,i am driving the camera. And it does not matter how you drive , the camera will go off for some reason leaving you to think what the hell ? I had a space cushion , i was not being aggressive, so what did i do ? These cameras will go off on the smallest bump, but you can hit a 3 ft deep pothole and nothing . So now you are at home wondering and worried what the f**k did i do. Instead of enjoying your time at home and sleeping well , you are thinking what did i do to set the damn thing off. And that affects your psyche . And its wearing me down.
Little red light nightmares? I hear ya.

I don't worry about these cameras 1 bit cause long as i got a clean CDL license ( especially with a driver shortage) I'm wanted and I'm not talking dead or alive neither.
Rider you may not worry about the cameras and good for you. While your mvr may be clean, those videos that Saia has called you in for , and you may not have any, but if you get into any minor accident a lawyer will subpoena any video Saia has on you and use them against you in any way they can. These cameras have built a file against you , and will be used against you , and in my opinion thats BULL:::shit:::

Man you sit there and go , did it just turn red ? I swear i have seen it turn red for a brief second and then go back green.
If you let this place wear you down then your letting them win. What bothers me about SAIA is they act as if they care but their actions speak otherwise. The Facebook page is comical as hell. Do they think we are morons? I don't give this place a second thought once I'm off the clock other than to come on here and expose the truth. These cameras are destroying driver morale and that's no way to grow a business that will thrive to it's full potential like Old Dominion has. OD has benefited from our loss of good drivers more than any other LTL company because 90% of our drivers have went straight to OD. Old Dominion simply gets it. No DriveCam. Not that DriveCam is that bad. It's just the way SAIA has been enforcing things and the disingenuous manner in which they are treating their drivers. They are making things almost unbearable for dispatch with the continuing issues with driver retention. It's hard to do your job when drivers keep quitting on them. And I'm not just talking about walking out the door. When they quit on you while they are still working for you then your problems become two fold. Dispatchers don't have an easy job despite what some of you may think. It's a thankless job for the most part and they are used as scapegoats for things in which they have no control over in many cases. When dispatch does their job but a driver doesn't do his much of the time dispatch takes the blame.

Last edited:
Rider you may not worry about the cameras and good for you. While your mvr may be clean, those videos that Saia has called you in for , and you may not have any, but if you get into any minor accident a lawyer will subpoena any video Saia has on you and use them against you in any way they can. These cameras have built a file against you , and will be used against you , and in my opinion thats BULL::::shit::::
I hear what u saying and agree I'm just not gone let it stress me out and cause health problems. B4 I let that happen I'll dust off me resume. Freight fixing to pick up in a month or so and opportunities will be out there.

I hear what u saying and agree I'm just not gone let it stress me out and cause health problems. B4 I let that happen I'll dust off me resume. Freight fixing to pick up in a month or so and opportunities will be out there.
When a job starts affecting your health it's time to leave. Hopefully Rider this company will relax the petty crap. If not my friend, you know I have people at OD that will take one look at your resume and say. Your hired. It's not what you know it's who you know and I've been around a long long time. You know me personally Rider. If you decide to make a move come see me. I've helped others and you will be no exception. Your one of the best drivers I know.

Last edited:
If you let this place wear you down then your letting them win. What bothers me about SAIA is they act as if they care but their actions speak otherwise. The Facebook page is comical as hell. Do they think we are morons? I don't give this place a second thought once I'm off the clock other than to come on here and expose the truth. These cameras are destroying driver morale and that's no way to grow a business that will thrive to it's full potential like Old Dominion has. OD has benefited from our loss of good drivers more than any other LTL company because 90% of our drivers have went straight to OD. Old Dominion simply gets it. No DriveCam. Not that DriveCam is that bad. It's just the way SAIA has been enforcing things and the disingenuous manner in which they are treating their drivers. They are making things almost unbearable for dispatch with the continuing issues with driver retention. It's hard to do your job when drivers keep quitting on them. And I'm not just talking about walking out the door. When they quit on you while they are still working for you then your problems become two fold. Dispatchers don't have an easy job despite what some of you may think. It's a thankless job for the most part and they are used as scapegoats for things in which they have no control over in many cases. When dispatch does their job but a driver doesn't do his much of the time dispatch takes the blame.

That’s why I’m thankful for the cameras Estes has in our trucks. It only looks at the road and not the driver. No mic to record what you’re saying on the phone. Estes trust the drivers on making the right choices behind the wheel and doesn’t need a camera looking at us the whole time.

That’s why I’m thankful for the cameras Estes has in our trucks. It only looks at the road and not the driver. No mic to record what you’re saying on the phone. Estes trust the drivers on making the right choices behind the wheel and doesn’t need a camera looking at us the whole time.
Let me make this clear. DriveCam is a great learning tool and good technology when used properly. SAIA has weaponized it and has been using it in an disingenuous manner.

Let me make this clear. DriveCam is a great learning tool and good technology when used properly. SAIA has weaponized it and has been using it in an disingenuous manner.

4XP6NAG.jpg

Truthfully every company I seen that has it use it against the drivers. The only company I know of that doesn’t is Mclane

If you let this place wear you down then your letting them win
Im not sure how the company wearing drivers down and running them off with this supposed " learning tool" is considered letting them win. The very existence of a trucking company depends on drivers, and keeping them happy and being able to attract new drivers is how a company wins. Our drivers are running over to O.D. on almost a daily basis, wonder why ?

Im not sure how the company wearing drivers down and running them off with this supposed " learning tool" is considered letting them win. The very existence of a trucking company depends on drivers, and keeping them happy and being able to attract new drivers is how a company wins. Our drivers are running over to O.D. on almost a daily basis, wonder why ?
Apparently if you work for Saia Corp in Atlanta you don't have a clue? You are to far removed from the freight business to know how freight gets picked up / delivered.