SAIA | Drivecam

Throw the magic 8 ball again?
It’s a “war of attrition” Joe!!! And YRC has more resources and the Teamsters have no nuts. Be glad you got out when you did and all the others in you’re generation because the Teamsters are done in LTL as far as gaining any more ground. They have UPS ... YRC ... ABF ... and they won’t organize anymore major players. I guarantee that one!

It’s a “war of attrition” Joe!!! And YRC has more resources and the Teamsters have no nuts. Be glad you got out when you did and all the others in you’re generation because the Teamsters are done in LTL as far as gaining any more ground. They have UPS ... YRC ... ABF ... and they won’t organize anymore major players. I guarantee that one!
I don’t think they will have YRC come next year. These drivers want their money and YRC is stone cold broke and still loosing money on every shipment. If you can’t make money in this economy, well then you just can’t make money. Not to mention they have only replaced some tractors and trailers, nit a single jiff has been bought in years and the dock equipment from what I can see when the doors are up looks like it is from the Stone Age.

I don’t think they will have YRC come next year. These drivers want their money and YRC is stone cold broke and still loosing money on every shipment. If you can’t make money in this economy, well then you just can’t make money. Not to mention they have only replaced some tractors and trailers, nit a single jiff has been bought in years and the dock equipment from what I can see when the doors are up looks like it is from the Stone Age.
IDK, Fedex , Con Job and others were giving 90% for 90 days discounts trying to put them under and couldn't pull it off, gonna be interesting that's for sure.

Really? You think drivers should discipline or recommend discipline for other drivers?
I said nothing about discipline. I said I think other drivers should coach drivers. Would you rather a paper pusher coach you or a person who is doing the same job as you ? If your videos call for more than a simple coaching and require discipline then that would come from safety or you TM. Me I’d rather be coached by a driver not a dock worker

I said nothing about discipline. I said I think other drivers should coach drivers. Would you rather a paper pusher coach you or a person who is doing the same job as you ? If your videos call for more than a simple coaching and require discipline then that would come from safety or you TM. Me I’d rather be coached by a driver not a dock worker
If it's being forced on you it's discipline. and no I don't want a wannabe safety **** "coaching" me

I’d prefer the safety dept send an ex driver who is now safety. Local leadership usually has never seen air brake red and yellows

I’d prefer the safety dept send an ex driver who is now safety. Local leadership usually has never seen air brake red and yellows
Do you know why the Dallas Cowboys have sucked since the Super bowl years? Jerry Jones has decided that he knows how to run a team and it's his way. You can change the coaches but the basic mediocrity is still calling the shots. It doesn't make any difference who does the coaching or what wheel time they may have, Jones or his Saia equivalent is going to run the show their way. With mediocrity running both shows, how can the results be any different?

Do you know why the Dallas Cowboys have sucked since the Super bowl years? Jerry Jones has decided that he knows how to run a team and it's his way. You can change the coaches but the basic mediocrity is still calling the shots. It doesn't make any difference who does the coaching or what wheel time they may have, Jones or his Saia equivalent is going to run the show their way. With mediocrity running both shows, how can the results be any different?
This is actually a very good analogy. Jerry has stepped back some and let his son take over especially when it comes to the draft. We would have got Johnny Football (Johnny Manziel) had it not been for his son. Having said that let me say that Jerry is a horrible General Manager. His ego is why we lost Jimmy Johnson which could have won several more Super Bowls in the 90’s .... Barry Switzer won the last one in 95 on Jimmy’s team in his second year but we haven’t even been close since then. I hope you’re not implying that Rick O’dell is to blame because I think that would be unfair to lay it all on him. But I do think he’s not totally unaccountable. I think he just needs to move some key players either out or in a different position.

Last edited:
My biggest problems with cameras.
1. There is no written policy as far as disciplinary action, it seems to be discretionary from region to region, terminal to terminal.
2. Not all trucks have cameras in them, its a hard pill to swallow when your disciplined for being on your phone and a driver goes rolling across the yard with their blue parrot on because they have no camera.
3. Your camera is triggered by a pothole or bump in road and they find something on the video they didnt like and discipline you for it.
4. They tell you that the cameras are not being used to get rid of you. Then why are people being fired for camera violations ?
5. And for the most part the ones doing the coaching have never even seen the inside of a truck !

One detail that Saia has chosen not to capture as part of the investigation is video footage of the driver. Some fleets use video-based risk management systems that capture in-cab video to detect incidents where distracted driving might have played a factor.

“From a privacy and professionalism standpoint, we have decided to not do that,” O’Dell says. “People are sensitive to that.”

One detail that Saia has chosen not to capture as part of the investigation is video footage of the driver. Some fleets use video-based risk management systems that capture in-cab video to detect incidents where distracted driving might have played a factor.

“From a privacy and professionalism standpoint, we have decided to not do that,” O’Dell says. “People are sensitive to that.”

https://www.ccjdigital.com/a-complete-picture-saia-uses-technology-to-advance-safety/

If they are not capturing video of the driver, what are the inward facing cameras used for?

I'am with xpo but with conway got the cams I told vp and the manger and dispatch what a great ideal the spy cams are they were ginning ear to ear then i told they should put them in company car then they got **** off.