ODFL | driver appreciation week

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
About to finish up my first year here. But just wondering, is it because of the 'virus' that I haven't seen any driver appreciation at all this week? I've only seen 1 cook out at GBO within my whole year here. My buddy, whose been here for 7 years now, says they always did something at all the terminals.

Hey I appreciate you driver. Keep on trucking. :grouphug: FxF gets hot dogs, Boars Head is what I heard.

About to finish up my first year here. But just wondering, is it because of the 'virus' that I haven't seen any driver appreciation at all this week? I've only seen 1 cook out at GBO within my whole year here. My buddy, whose been here for 7 years now, says they always did something at all the terminals.
Yes,it's because of Covid.Last year we had pre made lunch boxes made for employees

We got food and a beach towel but nobody said what it was for!! I guess you can’t say Driver Appreciation it might offend someone!
Say or do something at OD that offends someone you get shown the door. If you just get accused of something that has absolutely no basis in fact you get let go. Accusations are stronger than fact at ODFL. Ask me how I know. I got accused of threatening to stab someone at work. This allegedly had taken place some months prior. Why wasn’t it reported then. You’d think something that serious would require immediate attention, not months later. Fact is a supervisor blowed a gasket a month and a half before I got let go. I used the open door policy at ODFL and called it in. Month and a half later I got a call from HR asking about the stabbing thing. I categorically denied any of that. It never happened. I’d never threaten anyone for any reason especially at work. Fact is the supervisor and his brother, who is a driver both work at the same location so there you go. HR at ODFL from the top down is absolutely worthless. Hate I lost my livelihood but top down management at ODFL as far as employee relations is not good. I appealed to region VP and top seat in HR. I was clearly retaliated against by the supervisor and his brother. Like I said why report something so serious months later. That should’ve been a red flag in and of itself. Don’t use the open door policy at odfl. You will be fired.

This pathetic employee appreciation week was a joke. I guess all the money they're spending on the cameras would've been what was used on the lunches and dinners.

If they really appreciate the drivers, they wouldnt be depending on big brothers to watch over their drivers. That tells me that they dont trust us and as i’ve already known…we arent nothing but a number. We arent sh*t to them and these cameras are proof. They come of like this is for our best interest to protect us…bs….protect them more like it. I cant wait til we get trash behind the wheels like we see on the highways. I hope that trash gets them into some huge lawsuits with these cameras where before there could be denial or this or that. Here, i will give u the real appreciation that they really mean for drivers….Just get that delivery receipt signed driver.

Say or do something at OD that offends someone you get shown the door. If you just get accused of something that has absolutely no basis in fact you get let go. Accusations are stronger than fact at ODFL. Ask me how I know. I got accused of threatening to stab someone at work. This allegedly had taken place some months prior. Why wasn’t it reported then. You’d think something that serious would require immediate attention, not months later. Fact is a supervisor blowed a gasket a month and a half before I got let go. I used the open door policy at ODFL and called it in. Month and a half later I got a call from HR asking about the stabbing thing. I categorically denied any of that. It never happened. I’d never threaten anyone for any reason especially at work. Fact is the supervisor and his brother, who is a driver both work at the same location so there you go. HR at ODFL from the top down is absolutely worthless. Hate I lost my livelihood but top down management at ODFL as far as employee relations is not good. I appealed to region VP and top seat in HR. I was clearly retaliated against by the supervisor and his brother. Like I said why report something so serious months later. That should’ve been a red flag in and of itself. Don’t use the open door policy at odfl. You will be fired.
You must be mistaken. This could never happen at good ole od.

They touted this as a benefit to us and that the coaches would also contact a driver when he did something good and not just bad. Well I've yet to hear of a driver that was contacted for something he did to avoid an accident.

That s@#t would not fly at a union shop . They may fire you but ibt would get your job back with back pay . I other words beach vacation with your new towel.

Ohh sounds JUST like OD, bet your hair is not blonde, or your eyes Blue, better yet your beard is not down to your chest, you don’t chew tobacco and you also take a shower every day. At least whoever was the opposite of what I just mentioned in the yard that I spend 5 yrs ( don’t know how ) that was the norm. Retaliation at is finest. One driver can’t return back after going team because his son is one of the dispatchers, conflicts of interest right, but the assistant terminal manager can sleep with one of the drivers daughters and that driver gets away with murder, camera records him not stopping at a stop sing yet nothing happens. Yup conflicts of interest alright. Smh