Estes | Driver appreciation week?????

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
Well,well,well. Driver appreciation week has come and gone. Sound off, from sea to shining sea. Inform the whole country of how well Rob appreciates his beloved drivers. Fill us in. Are you still belching and flatulating from those catered gourmet meals that were prepared at your terminals? All in the name of celebrating all your hard work, dedication, sacrifices, time away from your family and such. Tell me about how Rob splurged on you and your family with homemade breakfasts. BBQ, free drinks at the local bar, a night at the major league ballpark, free lap dances at the strip joint, anything please. After all, his drivers are part of his family. Remember? Rob being a lifetime subscriber to the guide post surely dug into his pocket and kicked down some appreciation. Wouldn't you think? I'm sure ALL of his drivers, from All of his terminals, finished off last week believing beyond a shadow of a doubt, just how much they are appreciated! SHAME,SHAME,SHAME on Rob. Now go to your room and don't come out untill we get union representation once and for all. I guess he did have payroll type a few words of appreciation on the paycheck envelope last week. Elvis sure is getting ungrateful in his old age. P.S. Elvis appreciates the drivers hard work they perform on a daily basis. Even if Estes doesn't. That is why I spent my own time and money,and worked so hard to make this a better place to work for ALL of us. Now Elvis is just a ghost haunting Richmond. I wonder if any Elvis Presley cds are being played these days at the Estes mansion?:biglaugh:

rob shows his aprreciation everyday by letting every one have a job at estes express lines. he is very appretiative of all the drivers who stay in bunkrooms, double up in hotels, fuel their trucks for free, sit and wait for free ,earn no overtime,etc,etc,etc. don't let him fool ya, if he didn't appreciat ya you would'nt be there...

I AM NOT GOOD AT PUTTING WORDS IN HOW I FEEL, BUT ALL I READ IS A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES:17: I NEVER MET MR. ESTES BUT I THINK HE DOES REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT WORKS AT ESTES. HE DOSN'T HAVE TO HAVE GOOD OR EVEN NEW EQUIPMENT,SAFETY AWARDS AND OTHER THINGS HE DOES FOR US BUT HE DOES. HE PROBALLY THANKS EVERYONE OF USE EVERY DAY FOR THE WORK WE DO FOR THE CO. IT MIGHT NOT BE PERSON TO PERSON BUT AT THE END OF THE WEEK WE ALL GET A PAYCHECK FOR WHAT WE DID FOR THE CO.:clap: :soapbox:

I AM NOT GOOD AT PUTTING WORDS IN HOW I FEEL, BUT ALL I READ IS A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES:17: I NEVER MET MR. ESTES BUT I THINK HE DOES REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT WORKS AT ESTES. HE DOSN'T HAVE TO HAVE GOOD OR EVEN NEW EQUIPMENT,SAFETY AWARDS AND OTHER THINGS HE DOES FOR US BUT HE DOES. HE PROBALLY THANKS EVERYONE OF USE EVERY DAY FOR THE WORK WE DO FOR THE CO. IT MIGHT NOT BE PERSON TO PERSON BUT AT THE END OF THE WEEK WE ALL GET A PAYCHECK FOR WHAT WE DID FOR THE CO.:clap: :soapbox:
Learn how a company works. Learn how the safety insurance system works and why they give "gifts". Learn why companies that give a damn about their employees and show it have much better employee relations, better customers, higher yields, etc. etc. etc.

If you're happy, cool, that's what counts for you. BUT, know what it's all about before criticizing others.

Rob learned nothing from his dad and that's a crying shame. It's like dad giving you a popsicle and you throw it in the garbage. No appreciation for what you've been given and can't give a damn where it ends up.

Hope DHL or someone of somewhat more reputable status cashes in on us.

Yeah, yeah, I can look for another job, but I have too many years right at the moment to throw it all away. I will when the right moment arrives. I am tired to tell you the truth of waiting for things "to iron out" like all the :butt kiss: like to say.

I AM NOT GOOD AT PUTTING WORDS IN HOW I FEEL, BUT ALL I READ IS A BUNCH OF CRY BABIES:17: I NEVER MET MR. ESTES BUT I THINK HE DOES REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE THAT WORKS AT ESTES. HE DOSN'T HAVE TO HAVE GOOD OR EVEN NEW EQUIPMENT,SAFETY AWARDS AND OTHER THINGS HE DOES FOR US BUT HE DOES. HE PROBALLY THANKS EVERYONE OF USE EVERY DAY FOR THE WORK WE DO FOR THE CO. IT MIGHT NOT BE PERSON TO PERSON BUT AT THE END OF THE WEEK WE ALL GET A PAYCHECK FOR WHAT WE DID FOR THE CO.
What are you his little puppy dog well let me tell you I wouldn't eat the food his given away:butt kiss: :hysterical: :butt kiss:

I do not like being lumped into something I am not. I stated a fact and the way I feel. There is a service on here that will let you not see posts from people you do not want to read from. And remember this, we are drivers we can get a paycheck anywhere. Those of us who are with Estes choose to be. I like my job with Estes and I do not need a hat for employee appreciation week especially when it is driver appreciation week to be happy here. Hell a simple thank you from the TM would be more than enough. I say save the money from the food and drinks the paper products the gifts and hire back the drivers we laid off, that would be a great thank you. I know this isnt going to happen, but I can always hope.

I say save the money from the food and drinks the paper products the gifts and hire back the drivers we laid off, that would be a great thank you. I know this isnt going to happen, but I can always hope.
You're a good man in my book Jim with words of wisdom like this. Let's hope and pray.

I say save the money from the food and drinks the paper products the gifts and hire back the drivers we laid off, that would be a great thank you. I know this isnt going to happen, but I can always hope.

i am not going to hold my breath.hiring those laid off guys back i doubt that! why hire them back and they are going to get laid off again!

i am not going to hold my breath.hiring those laid off guys back i doubt that! why hire them back and they are going to get laid off again!
Yeah, the sad part is since they were RIF'd they don't have to be offered a job when openings occur again. Remember RIF, not layoff. Also check state law where you live, if RIF'd you may not have to accept job back even if offered and still continue to collect unemployment. Unemployment recognizes companies have no dedication to employee when released, re-hired, released, etc.

You do just fine at getting your point across. You are a guy that's trying to make the best of what you got. And that's fine. But your'e kidding yourself if you think corporate america appreciates the working stiff. It's all business today. As far as meeting Rob. If you joined together in PA. like we did out west last year. And you organize a movement. I guarantee you that Rob will show up at your terminal. As far as being "cry babies" You are correct. I shed big crocadile tears every time I think about what this man did to our great G.I. Trucking. He does purchase good equipment. I'll give him that. As far as the paycheck at the end of the week. Come on dude!!! I assume you are a professional. Correct? Then start thinking like one. This isn't a team sport. There is no I in team. So therefore think of yourself as a professional, that is seeking the best pay and benefit package available in the industry. Every other professional trades his service for payment and bennies. Cops, firemen, actors,teachers, pro sports,pipe fitters, iron workers, steel workers, electricians, etc. etc. all negotiate constantly, under union contracts, for better pay and benefits. I'm not advocating a union movement here. I'm just saying trade your services for the best package available. Don't be duped into this crap about belonging to the team. Thats just BS and you all know it...

Read this whole post and i feel you guys, i worked for the company for 10 years and like some of you felt trapped by my time in the company (afraid to start over). but that lying *** child molester looking ceo known as Rob Estes actually had the balls to come to our terminal tells us everything is gonna be alright and then had 3 guys laid off (one guy was on vacation closing on his first home). i agree with the guy about take all the cheesy 2 dollar safety awards, the fancy pay check stubs, and most imprtantly the high doll bs propaganda videos he makes to try and motivate you (lol hey you guys some of you are gonna get laid off and the rest of you survive on 35 hours a week oh and look i have a lotus race car). in the end i could not take it anymore and i left .i struggled for awhile with no bennies or anything (hard to do with a 2 year old) but i am now a very satisfied union employee with one of the largest trucking companies in the US. (no bragging just saying "F" Estes and move on). and to the guy who thinks Rob appreciates you man i feel for you i used to think the same way, make sure you keep some vaseline in your truck, cause he loves guys like you. And finally a moment of silence for a once great company known as GI trucking and to the families and drivers who stood up for their rights and tried to make a difference and got squashed by the big E good luck. laterz

Ok, like the union companys never do layoffs , dont they have a specific board for that ,the " layoff list". Times is hard in the industry ,thank Georgy Boy and the Mexicans for trying to bring us down to slave wages . Estes pays good, but if no pays for the service where does the money come from? The economy is not so hot right now and we are getting threatened with Pedro ( my apologies to all of you US citzens that have that name). Lay low ,and if you have a problem here go to another company. Not trying to be an Ahole ,just a thought.

lifes to darn short to BOOOOOO WHOOOOOOO. every frickin post after post wow. amen road pig

Elvis...you say your great GI Company....if
GI had been a better company, they never
would have borrowed money from Estes to
continue operating....Estes started off by
just taking over Texas.....Dallas was paying
60 to 70 thousand dollars a month in just
claims....it was the worst operation I have
ever seen....I can't say anything about any
thing west of Dallas, but if GI West is any-
thing like Dallas was.....they don;t deserve
to exist.....I remember your equipment
coming into Dallas, and pups having their
kingpins actually fall off, and drop on the
yard....not to mention the new equipment
they bought from Skyway.....And you know
what is really funny.....the same people
that worked the shop at GI, are working at
Estes Dallas....Half the Dallas Management
is old GI, which should explain why Dallas has
all these problems.....Most of them are gone,
but RJ is still there....get a grip, and own up
to the fact that GI East....was what you
seem to profess....

Elvis...you say your great GI Company....if
GI had been a better company, they never
would have borrowed money from Estes to
continue operating....Estes started off by
just taking over Texas.....Dallas was paying
60 to 70 thousand dollars a month in just
claims....it was the worst operation I have
ever seen....I can't say anything about any
thing west of Dallas, but if GI West is any-
thing like Dallas was.....they don;t deserve
to exist.....I remember your equipment
coming into Dallas, and pups having their
kingpins actually fall off, and drop on the
yard....not to mention the new equipment
they bought from Skyway.....And you know
what is really funny.....the same people
that worked the shop at GI, are working at
Estes Dallas....Half the Dallas Management
is old GI, which should explain why Dallas has
all these problems.....Most of them are gone,
but RJ is still there....get a grip, and own up
to the fact that GI East....was what you
seem to profess....

I would really like to respond but I don't know what in the hell your'e talking about. I think you are saying Rah,Rah Estes and G.I. blows. Is that it sir? Elvis out...