Driver DInner?

SafetyKing

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear they had a big, $$$ shindig in NJ for all jevic drivers with 10 years or more anniversarys.
IS this something they usually do? I need a few years under my belt to go - but I heard they gave out rings and plaques and stuff. WAs anyone reading this there for the party - whats it like?

It's not 10 years or more, but milestones. 10, 15, 20, etc. Don't know if it's changed from four years ago but it was pretty lame. It was held in a tacky banquet hall with nasty wedding type decorations and typical banquet food. The clicques all sit together and no effort is made to include the drivers who aren't in the office all the time.

Pretty typical corporate ego stroke. It would be more believable that we're a valuable part of the team if they put a bit of effort into finding a decent venue that wasn't on the cheap and tacky side of town. I expected lot lizards in the parking lot.

Doesn't sound like you were there this year....I'm curious what this year's was like. I've met mr gorman and wonder if its different with him around. He seems like a straight shooter

All I hope is we get differnt health insurance this stuff we got now isnt worth s--t in our area . I have to go 40mi just to get a family doctor an 90mi to get a hospital who will take this sh--ty uhc.

I didn't go but a very good friend went for his 10th anniversary and he said it was pretty impressive. It was at a super nice place,the food was good and the management sat and talked with the peons.:butt kiss:
He got the ring and the plaque and he said they were pretty sweet too.
A lot of companies wouldn't doo anything except give you a pat on the back for reaching these milestones so as far as I'm concerned,it's a pretty nice deal. But I suppose if you are too uppety to think that what they do isn't good enough,then maybe make a suggestion to management.
Maybe you would like them to give you a new Lexus or a mansion in Malibu for your 20th.:1036316054:

I was at the dinner thought it was very nice.I guess doormat must not have been to any of the dinners that jevic has had in the past for drivers cause the ones that I have been to have all been nice maybe that name fits him well doormat just step on it any keep going also sounds like he wont be happy with anything or maybe he's a want to be never the less I don't think he knows what he's talking about the dinner was GREAT.

I was at the dinner thought it was very nice.I guess doormat must not have been to any of the dinners that jevic has had in the past for drivers cause the ones that I have been to have all been nice maybe that name fits him well doormat just step on it any keep going also sounds like he wont be happy with anything or maybe he's a want to be never the less I don't think he knows what he's talking about the dinner was GREAT.

14 years with Jevic and I'm a wannabe? Wannabe what, :butt kiss:?

It's called "self esteem". If you think you deserve tacky and second class, then that's what you'll settle for. I expect more. I expect to be treated as well as anyone else, not as anything less because I drive a truck.

I also remember the old Jevic parties. I remember the picnics that included the family and where everyone was welcomed whether they :butt kiss: or not.

And I won't have some n00b who's one step above a trash hauler or container hauler who wouldn't have even been invited to submit an application when I was hired, telling me I'm a wanna be.

thanks for the replies that actually addressed the question. Sounds like a real good time. I had heard they used to have a party after thanksgiving(friday?)

with a name like "doormat" - I think u already have self esteem issues - but when u start ranking drivers by what they haul - i can olny gues u are a ***** to.

as I stated before I have been to a number of dinners since I've been with Jevic and everyone has been very nice I think maybe the reason that they were so nice is 1 they had a very nice doormat to wipe my feet on and that also help keep the most of the crybabies out hopefully they continue to keep up the good work.you say 14years ur eyes must be very red from crying and b----ing all of the time if its so tuff here and tacky why did you stay here??? No other Co. wants anymore crybabies

thanks for the replies that actually addressed the question. Sounds like a real good time. I had heard they used to have a party after thanksgiving(friday?)

with a name like "doormat" - I think u already have self esteem issues - but when u start ranking drivers by what they haul - i can olny gues u are a ***** to.

you have no room to talk King you already classified him as a *****! And i bet you dont even know the guy i guess you are "THE KING" beause you just passed judgement:nutkick: